• 3 Post By July Fourth
  • 1 Post By khris
  • 1 Post By Raykco
  • 1 Post By Mo Meow Odom
  • 1 Post By Sxrenity
  • 1 Post By Skidz

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

I'm not looking for advice or anything, I'm just curious what other managers do in certain circumstances.

An example. If you have injuries or suspensions and are missing key players in certain positions, how would you set your team up if you have a favourite formation? Would you play a player out of position to keep the formation or would you play an illegal formation so that the players are in their natural positions?

Myself, I so far haven't had that dilemma, because I have at least 2 players to cover every position. But I'm just curious.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Normally I would end up playing a player OOP, It's certainly better than using an illegal formation since you wouldn't end up with just 20% possession. But more than often I'd just switch to another legal formation.

There is always the possibility of bringing in emergency cover from the transfer market if needed.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Player out of position, is not a problem... I use my MC and the ST as a AMC to play in 4-3-1-2 mode and they work very very good.

My preference would be OOP, if I'm honest. For Wednesday's league match, I had one of my 3 strikers out injured, and as I play 4-4-2, it meant playing my only 2 available st's. But as the injured player is out for another 3 days, I was hoping for no more mishaps. One of my strikers was on a yellow card and I didn't want to risk a suspension, so after 65 minutes and with a lead of 4-0, I subbed him. With no other backup striker, I sent on my lowest quality DL, to play up front. And he bagged our 5th just before the end. Whether I would have started him there though, is another matter.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

OOP, no problems for me. MC as wingers & vice versa. DC for DMC, wingers for ST, etc
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

July said it all for me hun exactly the same !!!

I usually play a different player in a position and use arrows to compensate.

Ie. if an MC was injured, I'd play a DMC with a red arrow.
    Raykco likes this.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Rookie
    My preference is to have a player for every position possible. This allows me to play any formation which will cope against any formation. Best way
    Season 12 Completed

Treble Winner

Not tanked yet

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    To try to avoid that scenario try to get player who player multiple poitions so you have the option to play him somewhere else!, in emergenc y I play DL IN DC OR DR positions!, but its very rare that this happens to me as I like you have two players to every position and as soon as one gets injured I medi pack him back to health.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by soomrox View Post
    My preference is to have a player for every position possible. This allows me to play any formation which will cope against any formation. Best way
    awaresome collection,bro