Page 65 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Like Tree934Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Vent Thread #3 + Latest Discussions Index

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I have noticed more injuries from the third week of the season.

So, there may be something fishy happening in the third week.
    This is usual. I face injury problem in this period for not all but most seasons.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    I had a same drop in quality 2 seasons ago. All my midfield/wingers/strikers dropped suddenly in performance. I had a solid lead in the competition and lost about 7 matches out of 10. In the end I ended 7th in my competition. Never seen that happen. I am talking about players who scored 7-8-9's all the time drop to 4-5-6 ratings. I tried extra training, extra bonusses, top morale, switching players, nothing worked. Last game of the season I said, to hell with it. I was playing against the number 1 of the competition, put in all my replacements so my quality dropped at least 10 start and lost the game with only 2-0 or something. All my replacements however scored bad anyway.

I think it is a fluke. Just happens once in a while. Maybe just bad luck to get 7 players out of form. To answer your questions Tactician:
    1) Bought tokens once in season 3 or something. I am now level 14. Never filled in a survey.
    2) Token level that season was about 80.
    3) I Always upgraded my whole stadium. Just the last 2 seasons I have been upgrading seats.

Last 3 seasons I have done pretty well. First in the competition twice and 1 time second. Winning CL and 3rd place.
    I also went from being 10 points clear in my league to losing 6 in a row with no explanation, even against lesser teams. In the end i took drastic action and sold my goalkeeper (too many goals conceeded, could be knocking on to the confidence of defenders) and bought one from the list with one on one skill. I also ditched 4-5-1V formation as that has stopped being so effective. There's another thread about 451v now not working against 4-4-2 which makes me think there's been a change in the programming code.

Previously 451 formation had worked for me then i noticed it was seemingly leaving me very open to counter attacks (even though majority of time i only selected own half pressing. So i switched it up. Now won 4 in 5 but 3rd in my league and two very tight games. If i'm lucky i'll end up 2nd but my team went from winning or drawing to losing 6-0 to a team one below me, 3-0 to unmanaged sides and it was really frustrating. Would suggest some big changes to get season back on course.
    S1 : 6th (joined with 4 games to go) | S2 : League Champion Unbeaten, Cup| S3 : Champions League, League Runner Up | S4 : Champions League, League Runner Up | S5: League Runner Up | Champs League Runner Up| S6: 3rd | S7-12 (need to update lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Hope Rugg View Post
    I also went from being 10 points clear in my league to losing 6 in a row with no explanation, even against lesser teams. In the end i took drastic action and sold my goalkeeper (too many goals conceeded, could be knocking on to the confidence of defenders) and bought one from the list with one on one skill. I also ditched 4-5-1V formation as that has stopped being so effective. There's another thread about 451v now not working against 4-4-2 which makes me think there's been a change in the programming code.

Previously 451 formation had worked for me then i noticed it was seemingly leaving me very open to counter attacks (even though majority of time i only selected own half pressing. So i switched it up. Now won 4 in 5 but 3rd in my league and two very tight games. If i'm lucky i'll end up 2nd but my team went from winning or drawing to losing 6-0 to a team one below me, 3-0 to unmanaged sides and it was really frustrating. Would suggest some big changes to get season back on course.
    During which part of the season did your team had so many bad performances? Is it in this period: 3rd week up to mid 4th week ?

Pro
    My drop happened right after the patch. That was the second half of the season aka third week of the season. I blamed it on the patch I tried a lot during that time but nothing worked. Didn't experience a similar loss ever again. It was just that once.

Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    My drop happened right after the patch. That was the second half of the season aka third week of the season. I blamed it on the patch I tried a lot during that time but nothing worked. Didn't experience a similar loss ever again. It was just that once.
    Ok, thanks.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I have noticed about a week ago that my team started to perform strangely, that is winning unconvincingly or drawing with teams far much lower quality despite having set decent formations. It is as if something has picked on my team and preventing it from winning like it should have. After a while, I was discouraged too as despite making some changes, the team still perform unconvincingly.

I am not sure if it is to tempt you to buy more tokens. I want to verify a few things though.
    1. When was the last time you bought tokens, and when was the last time your obtain tokens from surveys and so on?
    2. What was your average daily token level this season, that is how many tokens you kept in stock?
    3. Have you made any significant construction upgrades, for e.g opted for the full stadium upgrade rather than adding seats? I know this should affect your finance rather than your team's performance, but just to verify if there is a similarity between some teams performing badly despite being of better quality and using decent tactics.
    1) I haven't bought tokens in over 6 months. I had an iTunes gift card after Christmas and bought some tokens with that in (probably) January.
    2) My average daily token level was generally low . . . I signed players early on, so I'd say around 5, but haven't spent any for a week or so and now sit at 26. Since I don't buy/farm, they are hard to come buy and I know I will need to upgrade players when the new league starts, hence my small stockpile of tokens.
    3) I haven't made any construction upgrades since the beginning of the season (when I added seats to my stadium).

My players' from hasn't even been that terrible (although one player has been pretty bad . . . 5-5-3-5-5; sadly, he's one of my few scout level players). Aside from he and one other midfielder, everyone else has performed generally average (mostly 7s with some 6s and 8s here and there). I'm at a loss. I will ride out this season (one match left to try and move up from 10th) and see how the early part of the next season goes . . .

Quote Originally Posted by dkb2005 View Post
    1) I haven't bought tokens in over 6 months. I had an iTunes gift card after Christmas and bought some tokens with that in (probably) January.
    2) My average daily token level was generally low . . . I signed players early on, so I'd say around 5, but haven't spent any for a week or so and now sit at 26. Since I don't buy/farm, they are hard to come buy and I know I will need to upgrade players when the new league starts, hence my small stockpile of tokens.
    3) I haven't made any construction upgrades since the beginning of the season (when I added seats to my stadium).

My players' from hasn't even been that terrible (although one player has been pretty bad . . . 5-5-3-5-5; sadly, he's one of my few scout level players). Aside from he and one other midfielder, everyone else has performed generally average (mostly 7s with some 6s and 8s here and there). I'm at a loss. I will ride out this season (one match left to try and move up from 10th) and see how the early part of the next season goes . . .
    Make some additions next season, but don't rush to sell any players that you know played consistently well in the past before your team entered the bad period. Keep on testing for a few days into next season before you decide to sell any of your players, unless you obtain promotion and the players' overall qualities are not good enough for your targets in the next level. Given that you are a non-token buyer or farmer, you can't afford to waste tokens. So, avoid bidding wars.

What is the position of the scout player that has performed badly?

Quote Originally Posted by dkb2005 View Post
    You can get at least 5-6 decent players (4-5 stars) with the 26 tokens. Like I have said, just avoid bidding wars. If it goes to round 3 and there is still two or more active bidders other than you, it is better not to continue to bid as there is more probability that at least one bidder will continue bidding. The market is always flooded with players. So, there is no need for you to rush, unless you have high targets next season where you will need specific high quality players as early as possible.

The first player that needs to be sold is more probably that under performing scout player. Don't let his high overall quality rating prevent you from putting him on the transfer list. Just sell him, and make good use of the money obtained.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-26-2015 at 07:39 PM.

Pro
    Aaarrghhh, I hate the auction clock from time to time. I am bidding on this perfect fast trainer 19 yr old striker. I push the button at 2 sec to make a last second bet. Instantly I get the lost message. I mean, come on. 2 secondsssssssssss AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHHH. There go my tokens.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Pro
    Need to vent about the cup match as well. I am facing as Always a team 2 levels higher. Watched the game and had 60% possession. Not bad. Scored my first at 25 minutes and was dominating the game. I was at 16 shots with 6 at goal against his 8 shots and 2 on goal. Still 1-0. 89th minute, he gets a shot at goal but my goalie saves. PHEW. 90th minute. Really? Another shot? Yes 1-1. This was my home match. Lets hope my away match will be better. The game is frustrating often but that makes it fun.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7