Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Guidance seeking newbie

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    You are kidding right lol, I am referring to prize money for finishing the season!, the prize for winning the league by far out does the CL or Cup, so this has to be your priority.
    So far this season (I'm on a good cup run despite being a lvl 4 playing 5s and 6s) I've won $5.4m in the Cup and $5.5m in the CL. Prize money in the league at L4 is $5.5m for winning at lvl 4 (I'm not counting the $96k per match in the league in lvl 4, as you get that win or lose all season). 4th place (and CL next season) gets you $4.75m. Total prize money (assuming you win every game of course ) for a team that wins the Cup is $10.6m and for the CL $10.1m. Even including the "gimme" money for turning up my best possible league return is $8m.

So if your reserves can get you to 4th in your league it makes sense to try to get as far as possible in Cup and CL, simply because the prize money at each stage is decent. This season I expect to get knocked out of the Cup in the semis (I'm up 4-1 after the 1st leg of the QF, but my likely SF opponent is a lvl 6 and 40.2 quality concentrated in his 1st XI vs my 37.2, much more spread across my squad). But even so I should clear $6.5m for the run.

I'll admit I've drawn a pretty easy league this season, my reserves aren't being too challenged (see below) which makes choosing to focus on the Cups easier.

Attachment 22507

If I had a fight for top 4 in the league I'd probably change focus (and of course once you're out of a cup/CL you can then throw more resources at the league), but if I was in a fight to even make top 7 I'd tank and focus on the knockout comps.
    Last edited by Pete Cresswell; 04-21-2014 at 06:46 PM.
    Cat Harrison and navyben like this.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    The way I play to great success is to have a full 22 man squad, play my best team in the league and my seond 11 in the CL and cup, My second 11 is an identicle team to my first just less quality.I have never got passed the 1st round of the cup but I always make the group stages of the CL and that is finr with me!, this keeps my second team playing plenty games, my first squad is free to win the league, as soon as the new season starts my winning league team becomes my second team!, my original second team is sold and a new strong squad for quality becomes my first team!, this ensures I keep in the running for the title every season, as my team is a fully scout team I am usually way ahead of any other manager in my league!, nearlly all my players are bought on the first day of the season and so I have the hole season to forget about transfers till the start of the next season.

Dreamer
    The way I play to great success is to have a full 22 man squad, play my best team in the league and my seond 11 in the CL and cup, My second 11 is an identicle team to my first just less quality.I have never got passed the 1st round of the cup but I always make the group stages of the CL and that is finr with me!, this keeps my second team playing plenty games, my first squad is free to win the league, as soon as the new season starts my winning league team becomes my second team!, my original second team is sold and a new strong squad for quality becomes my first team!, this ensures I keep in the running for the title every season, as my team is a fully scout team I am usually way ahead of any other manager in my league!, nearlly all my players are bought on the first day of the season and so I have the hole season to forget about transfers till the start of the next season.
    Fair enough. My token farming isn't quite at your level (Carousel hasn't been working for me for a week or so ), though I usually manage 5 or 6 farmed tokens a day, which means I'm budgeting on buying 2 scouts next season. Getting put in such an easy league this season means I can afford to put my 2nd XI out each game (my overall squad currently has 1 world class, 3 scouts, 14 5*s and 4 4*s so not too shabby). And the extra cash from the knockouts means that next season I'll be better able to afford Nordgens when they come up at auction.
    navyben likes this.

hmmmm my advice sell before you buy !!! yes farming tokens does good but it's hit and miss for me sometimes can get 3 -5 a day it depends lol

but focus on the future always try to improve your team with the least amount of tokens I will never go over 5 bids ( prefer 3) for any player knowing when to give up on auction is vital !!!!!!!!!

Yeah we all do what we can, as for farming it doed stop working frequently now and the way round it is to go back to the T11home page and start from scratch then when the matomy page opens up thst time it stsrts working.
    Pete Cresswell and navyben like this.

Apprentice
    The way I play to great success is to have a full 22 man squad, play my best team in the league and my seond 11 in the CL and cup, My second 11 is an identicle team to my first just less quality.I have never got passed the 1st round of the cup but I always make the group stages of the CL and that is finr with me!, this keeps my second team playing plenty games, my first squad is free to win the league, as soon as the new season starts my winning league team becomes my second team!
    Afraid I have to disagree with all of you...it's my personal opinion that you should have 2 teams, but that you should assess which of the games requires the stronger/weaker team depending on the quality of opposition/situation.

I find you can play the entire group stage of the CL with a second team and still qualify, but will play a first team if my league opposition is weak that day.

I almost always play a first team in the cup, as the rewards are significantly higher than the league. Unless it's a top-of-the-table clash.
    I'm always in a league with 4/5 of my friends, so it's always very competitive. I realise others don't always have that.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    One of the things I like about this game is there are many approaches to how to play, and all are valid.
    navyben likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lol I don't quite think you realise my 2nd team is probably good enough to win the league aswell lol, it to is a team with 10 previous scouts from the year before! So all but one of the players has a special ability!, the downside is I get drawn against teams 3-4 levels highet in the prelims of the cup as my team is so strong.
    navyben likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12