Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Best player performs worst

Best player performs worst

Playing on level 2. Got a five star player who became six star after training - but his game scores are 4 or 5 while my lower quality players get 7's and 8's. Health, morale, condition are all fine. Can anyone help me understand what may be going on here? Thanks.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Have you tried him in a differrent position?, was the player a hot prospect ot scout? If not, thers your awnswer! , you bought a dud.

Thanks. "Dud" sounds like the answer. Didn't know the game had them; any way to tell who they are, or is it just bad luck to buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by LFC Fan View Post
    Thanks. "Dud" sounds like the answer. Didn't know the game had them; any way to tell who they are, or is it just bad luck to buy one?
    Just bad luck
    If he is a mc try him in the 3 places and see for differences
    Buffs Mad likes this.

I will try to beat you with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond Formation

You can call it bad luck I suppose, I dont get many as I onlly buy hot prospects or scouts!, having said that I would think there are good players in the auction that good but maybe not many!, the thing to look for is the price of the player!, if there are say two 5* players around the same age and skill set but one player is 3 or 4 million more then you know that he is a good player and the other one is a gamble buy!., what position is your player and how old is here?, another thing to try is play him the side he kicks the ball with(left foot left), you will see quite quickly how he progresses whether he is good or bad!, this does not apply to scout players as they play good a season or two then have an average one then come good again so with them you have to be patient.
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Dud is always possible if he was cheap. Tactics can play a part too - sometimes 1 or more MCs might slump in a game played all down the wings. If he had cards or a big mistake give him another chance.

(I've got a DL/DC that I tried to move out wide - major slump - he's back in the middle now and performing again.)
    Skidz likes this.

Why talking about Hot Prospect? It only means the age from 21-23 in transfer market (filter) same as 18-20 is Youngster. Scout is quality between 6* and 7*.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    The reason why Hot Prospects can be attractive, the $$ value is good, and often their numbers have already been adjusted.

When players are generated the attributes Defense, Attack, and Physical are all pretty much the same, with a couple points more on their primary skill. Some perform quite well, but many need more training and applying points before you get the best out of them. And the kicker is five star and Scouts train slowest so if they don't perform it can take longer since they train slower.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by masterlin View Post
    Why talking about Hot Prospect? It only means the age from 21-23 in transfer market (filter) same as 18-20 is Youngster. Scout is quality between 6* and 7*.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    It does not mean, that at all!, hot prospects are players that are likely to be good players, I know this because I have had many of them! There age will always be low as they are what it says they are players witj potential!, they just don't have a special ability! There like the step between players and scout!, a 3-4 * hot prospect would do better than a 5* plain player!, that is the reason they have a high price.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    It does not mean, that at all!, hot prospects are players that are likely to be good players, I know this because I have had many of them! There age will always be low as they are what it says they are players witj potential!, they just don't have a special ability! There like the step between players and scout!, a 3-4 * hot prospect would do better than a 5* plain player!, that is the reason they have a high price.
    That is completely wrong. Go to Transfer market and choose any from the Experience list.

Youngster: 18-20
    Hot Prospect: 21-23
    Developed: 24-26
    Experienced: 27-29
    Old School: 30-33

Just age filter. Prove me wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast