Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Can I tank even if my players have highest quality in league?

Apprentice

Lightbulb Can I tank even if my players have highest quality in league?

Dear managers,

Been thinking about tanking for some time, but have not really done it before.
    This season we got off to a really bad trolled start, and I'm conveniently at the 10th position in league, never have I been trolled that badly with the highest quality players For CL, lost the first 2 games as well (against weaker teams), CUP still doing well.

Average quality of team is 5* (62), with 4 scout players (one of them handicapped who is always having a rating of 5).

Apparently my forte 4-1-2-1-2 ND did not work well this season (call it troll or whatever), I seem to loose against every 3N-2W-3N-2 game, despite ND generally looks like a good counter.

since its just the beginning of the season, I should still be able to tank. Question: Will my OOP, Illegal formation good players still be able to score (don't wanna win the game)? and would this greatly impact their Form? or Future Form for the next season when they play normally?
    If I win the CUP and CL I'd still drop off as long as my league is 8th and below?

Thanks in advance.

P/s: I heard about tanking probably in my 2-3 season, in fact I've booked marked July Forth's guide. It wasn't until a few seasons later that I realised he removed that guide, and I didnt get to read it
    Season 19

League Winner - Levels 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,15,16,17,18
    Champions League Winner - Levels 2,3,5,6,10,13,15,17,18
    Cup Winner - Level 3,5,16
    Cup Quarter Finals - Levels 1,2

Banned
    If you have a good team you can still easily win then League and qualify for top 16 as the season has just started...

And yes you can tank easily...It shouldn't be a problem...Play ILLEGAL FORMATION in which every player is out of position by a huge difference...

Example : Playing DEFENDERS as STRIKERS...STRIKERS as DEFENDERS...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    If you have a good team you can still easily win then League and qualify for top 16 as the season has just started...

And yes you can tank easily...It shouldn't be a problem...Play ILLEGAL FORMATION in which every player is out of position by a huge difference...

Example : Playing DEFENDERS as STRIKERS...STRIKERS as DEFENDERS...
    I'm bad with troll results, and buying scouts and getting trolls aint helping with the league.
    Besides that, 2 of my all-time token buying (not that I don't do that) nemesis are in the same league, I might have the higher quality now, but I know in a week's time, they would have had a team close to 6*. And I really don't wanna spend so much now (not much ads in my area).

on Defenders -> Strikers, just worry I beat the bots players as well

So, winning CL and CUP doesn't affect my Tanking in League right?
    Season 19

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Castreal View Post

So, winning CL and CUP doesn't affect my Tanking in League right?
    Yes it will not affect your CL and CUP but next season you will not qualify for the CL......

Quote Originally Posted by Castreal View Post
    Dear managers,

Been thinking about tanking for some time, but have not really done it before.
    This season we got off to a really bad trolled start, and I'm conveniently at the 10th position in league, never have I been trolled that badly with the highest quality players For CL, lost the first 2 games as well (against weaker teams), CUP still doing well.

Average quality of team is 5* (62), with 4 scout players (one of them handicapped who is always having a rating of 5).

Apparently my forte 4-1-2-1-2 ND did not work well this season (call it troll or whatever), I seem to loose against every 3N-2W-3N-2 game, despite ND generally looks like a good counter.

since its just the beginning of the season, I should still be able to tank. Question: Will my OOP, Illegal formation good players still be able to score (don't wanna win the game)? and would this greatly impact their Form? or Future Form for the next season when they play normally?
    If I win the CUP and CL I'd still drop off as long as my league is 8th and below?

Thanks in advance.

P/s: I heard about tanking probably in my 2-3 season, in fact I've booked marked July Forth's guide. It wasn't until a few seasons later that I realised he removed that guide, and I didnt get to read it
    What you could always do is play the game properly, Don't tank and ruin the game for other people and accept it as a challenge! simple!! As for everyone blaming there losses on 'troll results' what you mean to say is that you lost. I have been playing for almost a year and have never had a 'troll result' of course iv lost but its down to tactics etc!!

Remember tankers are viruses!!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    What you could always do is play the game properly, Don't tank and ruin the game for other people and accept it as a challenge! simple!! As for everyone blaming there losses on 'troll results' what you mean to say is that you lost. I have been playing for almost a year and have never had a 'troll result' of course iv lost but its down to tactics etc!!

Whilst I agree with you in principle, it's their choice if they want to tank. If you're looking to build slowly, and maybe move away from some tough opponents, then it makes some kind of sense. More importantly, it's not your place to judge how others play the game.

If you've never had a 'troll' result then you are one of the select few, my friend. People complain about them far too much, but they're definitely out there, lurking in the darkness...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post

Let me put this in another scenario.

We are in a race that has 26 check points. You can take a free ride (free public transport /a bus if that applies), or you can buy a car with very good Specs, and tires for all seasons/ roads. On a freeway, a bus is probably slower, but its free. A Range Rover Sport would most probably go faster, but you have to spend on the Vehicle, maintain it, change the tires. But since this is a race, I’d like to go faster, hence I’m fine to spend a little.

Now, for troll results, I do drive properly, using the best config, tires for the season and road, but as fast as my vehicle could go, occasionally I’d get all 4 flat tires (I ain't blaming anyone, but the bus doesn't seem to have much flats, and if they do, hey it’s a free ride). During that time, the bus would probably overtake me for that check point. And on some occasion, the buses seem to be able to maneuver over rough terrain/ snow despite not having the proper equipment, tyres and stuff and win that stretch.

Now, for this season, somehow I’ve had so many flats, that I feel that there is no point dragging my flat tires to the finish line. I see a chance to fine tune my vehicle, to get it ready for the next race. After all, even if I do manage to cross the finish line, the prize as compared to the amount spent on the flat tires and parts is far from sufficient, might as well get “free upgrades” along the way, fine tuning my vehicle while waiting for the next race.

I too have been playing close to a year , and I don’t see that as ruining the game, I see that as keeping the good stuff that I already have, fine tuning them so they behave better next season. Everyone has their own style of playing, some are overachievers, some just want some fun. I've invested my part of tokens, and want to achieve something here. The game engine might not be perfect, but I try to adapt and workaround it. As you play longer, getting into your 20th-30th seasons, you might notice a lot are having Legendary players. If you play for fun, no harm losing to them. But I, would like to be one of them, with legendary players, and I believe it starts with tanking (and power training).
    ppturano likes this.
    Season 19

To answer this question.

You can tank whatever your teams quality and you can tank for however long you wish. There is no rule against it, Just some believe tanking is wrong. Don't listen to them and play your own game.
    Castreal, Buffs Mad and HULIANO like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Yeah, do what you like but don't give up too easily. Another few games might either give you hope that you can pull it back or confirm tanking as an option.

Pro
    just place the player at wrong position (all 11)..

I experience that, and I lost 0-14.. very very ugly, I regret that

it happen in my sist acc..

my suggestion : I love fair play.. if I were you, just keep play your way, no matter where you finish..

2 season ago, I'm trolled, finished 8th without tanking intention..
    Last edited by Liverpudlian YNWA; 05-09-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast