Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Changing player's bio. improves his performance?

Changing player's bio. improves his performance?

Does it? I bough some 18yrs old Chinese dml, quality 29, he was performing really bad, few games in a row 5-6-5-6... Then I changed his bio. to Ashley Cole, nationality English. Suddenly he started to perform much better, 7-8-8-7, he also scored few free kicks in those few games and he doesnt even has special ability...
    After this I bough some 18yrs old Indonesian I think, defender, immediately changed his bio. to John Terry and set his nationality to English, he performs really good, mostly 8, rarely 7-9.

Are players from top leagues performing better than Chinese, Indonesian etc.?

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Some other managers on here have said this so maybe it does help!, Im sitting on the fence here, it could be just coincedence but if it helps you by changing a players bio then keep doing it!.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Josip Crncic View Post
    Does it? I bough some 18yrs old Chinese dml, quality 29, he was performing really bad, few games in a row 5-6-5-6... Then I changed his bio. to Ashley Cole, nationality English. Suddenly he started to perform much better, 7-8-8-7, he also scored few free kicks in those few games and he doesnt even has special ability...
    After this I bough some 18yrs old Indonesian I think, defender, immediately changed his bio. to John Terry and set his nationality to English, he performs really good, mostly 8, rarely 7-9.

Are players from top leagues performing better than Chinese, Indonesian etc.?
    This has happened many times so I think it cannot be a coincidence...

This has happened with me too. I bought a STRIKER who was getting 5,6 rating then I changed his name to Cristiano Ronaldo and then he got mad, scoring and assisting in every game...

There can be one more reason for this. A player needs some matches for settling in. So the initial matches when a player get bad rating can be his settling matches but by this time we get frustrated and do some experiments, one of which is changing Name and Nationality.

Since now the player has settled he tends to get good rating and we think that our experiment has worked, which is not the case......
    Skidz likes this.

And that's why I still didnt change my dmr's bio, he has like 15 games already played for my club and his overall performance is awful. 15 games is enough for him to settle I think and I'll change his bio exactly now!

I'll be back with the results tomorrow

Banned
    And that's why I still didnt change my dmr's bio, he has like 15 games already played for my club and his overall performance is awful. 15 games is enough for him to settle I think and I'll change his bio exactly now!

Please do post the results...So that we can dig deeper into the theory of Player Name vs Performance...

If we forum members can contribute like this then we will be able to under stand the game better......

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Hi bud, may I suggest you wait for about 5 days then come back as one game is not enough! you need a few at least to compare against?.It will really be intersting to se how it goes!.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

I have changed my worst striker name to chuck norris. He still underperforms quite alright. Dont be silly
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece

League Winner x 8 Champions League Winner x 4 Cup Winner x 2

Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

I;ve changed nationalities a few times to English, Portuguese and even to Cristiano Ronaldo just to sell the player. It has not improved his stats. I believe you just so happened changed their names right at the point where the performance cycle is reversed.

I've had dud Englishmen, Spanish players and Italian players and I have Malaysian/Indonesian players who outperform their English counterparts.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

@Skidz, he will play 4 games until I post tomorrow, that will be enough I think...
    @Others, u're probably right, this could be luck... let's wait and see how will Kimoura/Lahm perform in next 4 games... in last 15+ he was getting 5-6 mostly

I renamed my whole first team yesterday changing Nationalities too where required....................

............and went down 3-0 at home, slumping to 3rd in the league.

I was hoping that I'd see the following in glorious coloured text "Johnstone jinks down the right, inside to Souness, across to Bremner, who slips it out to Baxter, Baxter dribbles and crosses to Law who knocks it down to Dalglish. Thumping volley into the top corner for King Kenny!" Never happened.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast