View Poll Results: Should Success be based on 35T a season rather than Buying/Farming?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

10 47.62%
  • NO

11 52.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How Great Managers Should Be Really Judged...

How Great Managers Should Be Really Judged...

Let's face it anyone can buy/farm lots of tokens each and every season to make their team very strong and then become too strong for mediocre teams and more often than not win all the trophies...

July Fourth and many other teams have bought and farmed their way to success over 30 seasons and this proves no thing whatsoever. There is no real satisfaction in winning when your team is usually expected to win the League/CL/Cup each season.

But what about playing through each and every season just on the TV rights budget and never farming any extra booster packs, A lot of managers here already do this because they cannot farm due to regional restrictions and they will refuse or not choose to buy any tokens.

There would be only 2 ways to find out what you can do by playing on the strict TV rights budget with no booster farming.

1. A solo play through from Level 1 by creating a new team and playing each match to win and only tank in hugely undesirable and poor seasons or never tank at all.

2. Joining the http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...rs-league.html and playing with other active forum members at the same time.

What do you think is the best way to judge a managers success. Should it only be based on limited resources?
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-22-2014 at 05:54 PM.
    Med78 likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Banned
    I feel even 35T league is not the correct parameter to judge a manager.

There are too many loop holes in this game which can be easily exploited to win trophies. So there is no way to judge a manager.

There is no way to know whether a player will perform good or bad. Suppose 2 manager have only 1 token both buy a Striker of age 18 ( who have played o games )and one performs like a Boss while the other is a Dud...One is injury prone while the other never gets injured...etc etc etc...

So is there was anything the manager how bought the Dud Striker can do...The answer is a big NO......

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    I feel even 35T league is not the correct parameter to judge a manager.

There are too many loop holes in this game which can be easily exploited to win trophies. So there is no way to judge a manager.

There is no way to know whether a player will perform good or bad. Suppose 2 manager have only 1 token both buy a Striker of age 18 ( who have played o games )and one performs like a Boss while the other is a Dud...One is injury prone while the other never gets injured...etc etc etc...

So is there was anything the manager how bought the Dud Striker can do...The answer is a big NO......
    That means a lot of luck will also be involved in 35T a season too, like getting favourable league/cl/cup draws. Injuries, Troll Results, Auctions and bidding wars etc... It's how you deal with it as best as you can.

If you buy/farm hundreds and thousands of tokens it makes everything a whole lot easier for you. You can power train your team, Buy scouts and heal injured players often, on 35T a season... These things are not really available or are very, very limited.

LOL! Seriously?! Its kinda ridiculous that a manager like you says this...
    BLAUGRANA FC - The road to success...

7x 4x Runner-ups 3x 1x

Banned
    What about the amount of time dedicated to the game...Its also a very big factor...

If your constantly visiting the transfer market you can find good players and can recruit them with less tokens...While who cannot dedicate much time to game they will tend to bid for players even if there no good options available.

Like me I am always online visiting transfer market regularly which helps me in recruiting good players with less tokens. Just like today I recruited a Nordeus Generated for only 2 tokens...
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Marco View Post
    LOL! Seriously?! Its kinda ridiculous that a manager like you says this...
    Because when you think about it... It's the truth isn't it?

I totally agree with Siddharth

7x 4x Runner-ups 3x 1x

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    What about the amount of time dedicated to the game...Its also a very big factor...

If your constantly visiting the transfer market you can find good players and can recruit them with less tokens...While who cannot dedicate much time to game they will tend to bid for players even if there no good options available.

Like me I am always online visiting transfer market regularly which helps me in recruiting good players with less tokens. Just like today I recruited a Nordeus Generated for only 2 tokens...
    Yeah... You would have to be more active in building your squad and looking at the transfer market and also watching all your games live... Of course some can only play this game casually or they have real life commitments they must put first.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Because when you think about it... It's the truth isn't it?
    Yeah its absolutely the truth that its not difficult to be successful with lots of tokens.
    But thats how this game works and in real life its pretty much the same. (unfortunately).

7x 4x Runner-ups 3x 1x

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Marco View Post
    Yeah its absolutely the truth that its not difficult to be successful with lots of tokens.
    But thats how this game works and in real life its pretty much the same. (unfortunately).
    So you think token buyers should be given credit when they win everything every season?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast