Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree878Likes

Thread: Season 54

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Ah, think there's a language barrier here. I really meant whining - which is moaning or complaining - at himself. No one whines like Murray.

Love to see Murray win again but I'd be quite happy with Dimitrov too, as a second choice. Still can't get over the idea that we use the words Scottish Tennis Slam & Champion in the same sentence.
    Dimitrov is good, but he won't get the title. Murray or Federer for me.
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Got into the Champions League final again this season.

Sadly for me the kick off was at a ridiculously stupid time this morning so I missed it. I lost the game 2-1 after extra time, having had 1 player sent off and 3 players injured. My opponent was present and was watched by 8 (yes 8!) other accounts all supporting him.

In many ways, the fact that he was taken to extra time and went to such lengths to try and get the victory makes me feel quite happy that he was given such a hard time. If he wants the win that badly, he can have it.

As to the league, I have two games to play. The guy who was leading the league all season drew yesterday (against the team I play today) while I won. He's already played today and won again so he is two points ahead. If I can win both my remaining games I will take the title. With that said, the guy I play today who is sat in 8th in the league has gone all out in improving his team in the last 48 hours. I assume he is trying to break into the top 7 as he has brought in several scouts and power trained. He now has quite clearly the highest Q in the league, so even though the league is in my hands I do feel he will be too strong and beat me today. A draw would put me 1 points behind with both me and the guy in 1st playing easy games tomorrow which I expect us to both win.

I certainly would have taken 2nd at the start of the season, but it does feel a bit of a let down having been dead and buried as far as winning the league goes this time last week, to having it in my own hands with two games to go, to only come up against a team that has vastly improved in the past few days. To make it worse, my first 11 are not fully fit having played the CL game that went to ET earlier, while picking up a few injurys (I won't be using packs as my core goal this season was to not do so and to grow my stockpile)
    Buffs Mad and Dman2pt like this.

Yeeeeee

we have big images in the forum!!!

Dreamer
    Rugby's Better won a thrilling Champions League final 4:2 on penalties today, after the opposition (aided by a late-arriving manager) scored a 90th minute equaliser to force extra time, and the score stayed 1:1 through to the 120th minute.

2nd place in the League is secured, and should the top top team slip up and draw or lose their final game tomorrow then wins tonight and tomorrow will secure a league win that 2 early-season troll draws (and one loss due to clever opponent management that I wasn't there to counter) have threatened to deny us. We beat the top team home and away, but they've otherwise had a flawless season.

Add in a 4-3 aggregate Cup semi-final exit to a team 1 level and half a star of quality rating higher than us & it's been a pretty good season.
    Buffs Mad and Dman2pt like this.

League: Buffs FC travel to Turkey to face the bottom side but its not a Baker's Dozen for Buffs as they stall at 12-0. 3pts ahead with a 37 goal advantage....can we claim it now?

Denis Law scored 3; Paul McStay, Darren Fletcher & Jimmy Johnstone 2; and Graeme Souness, Jim Baxter & Alan Hansen 1 a-piece.

Shangalang FC stay 4th after a 6-0 win.

Our 6th treble!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't watch the game, and somehow NGE gives me a 0:9 win ^^Season 54-cl.jpg
    khris, Buffs Mad and Dman2pt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HULIANO View Post
    Our 6th treble!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't watch the game, and somehow NGE gives me a 0:9 win ^^Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CL.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	24856
    LOL 0-9

I have the final in 5 minutes xDDD ...(^-^)'

Congratzzz mate!!
    Last edited by khris; 06-27-2014 at 08:02 PM.
    HULIANO and Buffs Mad like this.

Gud luck Khris!!!!!!!!!!!
    Buffs Mad likes this.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa!!!!!

on penalties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-1 AND 4-2 IN PENALTIESSS!!!!

WE HAVE THE 8TH CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CONSECUTIVE!!!

Season 54-t19-8th-cl-4-2-penalties.jpg
    Last edited by khris; 06-27-2014 at 08:22 PM.
    Buffs Mad, HULIANO and Dman2pt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    Got into the Champions League final again this season.

Sadly for me the kick off was at a ridiculously stupid time this morning so I missed it. I lost the game 2-1 after extra time, having had 1 player sent off and 3 players injured. My opponent was present and was watched by 8 (yes 8!) other accounts all supporting him.

In many ways, the fact that he was taken to extra time and went to such lengths to try and get the victory makes me feel quite happy that he was given such a hard time. If he wants the win that badly, he can have it.

As to the league, I have two games to play. The guy who was leading the league all season drew yesterday (against the team I play today) while I won. He's already played today and won again so he is two points ahead. If I can win both my remaining games I will take the title. With that said, the guy I play today who is sat in 8th in the league has gone all out in improving his team in the last 48 hours. I assume he is trying to break into the top 7 as he has brought in several scouts and power trained. He now has quite clearly the highest Q in the league, so even though the league is in my hands I do feel he will be too strong and beat me today. A draw would put me 1 points behind with both me and the guy in 1st playing easy games tomorrow which I expect us to both win.

I certainly would have taken 2nd at the start of the season, but it does feel a bit of a let down having been dead and buried as far as winning the league goes this time last week, to having it in my own hands with two games to go, to only come up against a team that has vastly improved in the past few days. To make it worse, my first 11 are not fully fit having played the CL game that went to ET earlier, while picking up a few injurys (I won't be using packs as my core goal this season was to not do so and to grow my stockpile)
    My game has come and gone and even though I had a weaker side I battered him from start to finish, however I couldn't score and it ended a 0-0 draw.

It means going into tomorrows games I am 1 point behind the team in first. Got a far superior goal difference on him so if he loses and I draw/win then I will take first assuming I win. I fully expect both me and the guy in first to win tomorrow unless either of us were to get trolled.

Still, happy enough with second as I wasn't sure how sticking with the same team and not buying anyone would take off this season. Now I'm contemplating if I am brave enough to not bring anyone in yet again next season.
    Dman2pt likes this.

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast