Quote Originally Posted by Marco De Bortolis View Post
    17 rounds... not really an astorning bid war
    For my level it is...

12 seasons, 35T player
    5 Titles, 3 Runner-up, 2 Third place
    0 Champions league, 2 Runner-up, 3 Third place
    1 Cup, 0 Runner-up, 0 Third place

Quote Originally Posted by Josip Crncic View Post
    He wouldn't spend 18 tokens just for this MC then.. We are level 3...
    you did... you must be a bot too then... bid bots do not exist. we all get burnt in auctions. just take it on the chin. as my 4 year old daughter says 'build a bridge and get over it'
    John Naish likes this.

I am level 3.. yesterday won a 27 coin battle for a DC/DMC/MC (5*,34 Avg,25 year, Defensive Wall ability) .. everything was fine ... except the price went to 4.5 Mill from what should have been 1.4 mill.

Please advice whether this was steal or not..

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Johur View Post
    I am level 3.. yesterday won a 27 coin battle for a DC/DMC/MC (5*,34 Avg,25 year, Defensive Wall ability) .. everything was fine ... except the price went to 4.5 Mill from what should have been 1.4 mill.

Please advice whether this was steal or not..
    There are no Bidding Bots. Just men/women with too big an ego to lose a bid. I would've stopped bidding when the bid price > player value by 10%, or 5 tokens. Because when you buy them at 4.5M as in your case, his value is still 1.4 mil. When you sell him you are guaranteed a significant loss.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    There are no Bidding Bots. Just men/women with too big an ego to lose a bid. I would've stopped bidding when the bid price > player value by 10%, or 5 tokens. Because when you buy them at 4.5M as in your case, his value is still 1.4 mil. When you sell him you are guaranteed a significant loss.
    I did a simple calc... if I was buying this player of the scout market.. that would have been 50 coins and 1.3 mill... the 3 mill i paid extra is worth 15 coins... so the player cost me about 42 coins+his base price.. saving me about 8 coins.. also the player is about 3 skill points away from 6th star...

Probably the more experienced players may not agree.. at that point of time.. it seemed rational..

Here are my two cents for the sake of discussion.

Off the market list, a player maybe a few skill points away from the star, but he is not guaranteed to give you a consistent performance throughout the season. Scouts cost 50T but are mostly a few skill points away from World Class status and will be consistent over time and can last you for 3-4 seasons if you buy a 22-24 yo. Some may not agree that scouts are worth the hype but a lot more will agree that scouts are longer term investments and will perform in 80% if not 100% of matches in 3-4 seasons.

My Scout AML has not dissapointed me in 99% of matches despite me losing some of them and this is his fourth season and still going strong and will maintain his Scout level. My DC has been immense last season, and his second season seems to continue where he left off. My MC had a mediocre first season but is delivering in the second season. My DMC/DMR is not great but he does the job better than players off the market.

I would not bid 40 tokens in the open market because the performance of players in the list is random. I would, though, at most, bid up to 10T for a good player with solid historical match rating (I'm talking about 8-8-8-9-8).
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Dreamer
    First of all... bidding war is NOT called someone who bids 17 rounds.. thats normal ... Bidding war is someting when 3-4 players are bidding till round lets say 40 ... yes 4 and not 2 ...

Second - avatar on that pic is a server problem .. ( I mean grey one) its not a BOT , its normal pic but because server has problem to recognize players it appears like this. It does happen sometimes on my window below the game on PC.

3rd thing - some players are well equiped and they always will be bidding still last last milisecond ... normal, happened to me as well... if you want to scare opposition BID STRAIGHT AFTER NEW ROUND STARTS ... I disgusted few big token players because you are showing you dont mind to be last in the round, you are showing you want that player and you dont care how much tokens you spend ! Thats the attitude

Famous
    Regarding token buyers, they're also on a limited budget. Granted, not as limited as everyone else. $20 is still a signficant amount because it adds up and 176 tokens can go quickly. I'm usually investing not just in players but also in green packs to power train my fast trainers. This inevitably means needing to invest in red packs because its inevitable my players will get injured during training. Trying to be frugal about resources means not wanting to invest red packs before the difficult KO round games arrive so acquiring a bench is still important. I'm not getting into a bidding war to get bench players, so I probably won't bid past the first 2 or 3 rounds here.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 06-04-2014 at 02:48 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar

I wish I had video recording tool moments ago!
    Let me tell you something Nordeus, you're dir*y thiev*s!

This is what happened. I'll call that bot Nordeus.

Initial round, 10mins until end, I place a bid. Second after me Nordeus placed it.
    6mins before end some guy placed a bid, second after Nordeus placed it.
    Few seconds before end my friend placed a bid(i asked him to do that), second after him Nordeus placed it.

After seeing this scenario for like 5th time this season I gave up and watched until end.
    So I gave up, my friend too (i asked him to bid just to scare another potential bidder). That 3rd guy stayed - mistake.

Round 1, he bids, Nordeus bids. Guess when? Milisec after him.
    This scenario repeated until round 5 and that guy gave up, Nordeus won!

Nordeus's team was ofcourse awful, full of 1 and 2 star players, 100% abandoned team.

CONGRATS Nordeus! You gr**dy bast****!

12 seasons, 35T player
    5 Titles, 3 Runner-up, 2 Third place
    0 Champions league, 2 Runner-up, 3 Third place
    1 Cup, 0 Runner-up, 0 Third place

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345