Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Golden oldies

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    Still doesn't explain it to me? There are no 18 year old's available to me on the first day of a season, whether it's on the transfer market or, as I said, the youth Academy.
    Where is this guy generated?
    You are probably on one of those servers that piss the players off cuz there just ain't that many players on the market.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasin Ali View Post
    You are probably on one of those servers that piss the players off cuz there just ain't that many players on the market.
    I'm on the 'old' transfer market, always full of players.

Dreamer
    I'm on the 'old' transfer market, always full of players.
    Just keep looking. You'll find one sooner rather than later. It's normally an expensive 18 yr old who's second digit is a 4 or a 9 or something like that.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasin Ali View Post
    Just keep looking. You'll find one sooner rather than later. It's normally an expensive 18 yr old who's second digit is a 4 or a 9 or something like that.
    Yes, but my point was that 18 year olds aren't generated until the second day of the season in the version of the game I've been playing for 15 seasons.
    Is there something I've been missing?

Dreamer
    Yes, but my point was that 18 year olds aren't generated until the second day of the season in the version of the game I've been playing for 15 seasons.
    I think they are. There's one (a GK) on my servers transfer market right now. I think he's a fast trainer too. He's Q104 and going for almost 110 million.

As far as Academy players are concerned that's true. I think they are generated before the day actually starts so perhaps they age almost immediately on Day 1 - mail came 1 min before the day started telling me I had 2 players.

Maybe the same for NordGens?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    As far as Academy players are concerned that's true. I think they are generated before the day actually starts so perhaps they age almost immediately on Day 1 - mail came 1 min before the day started telling me I had 2 players.

Maybe the same for NordGens?
    Other folk are saying it's not the same for Nord generated though. Yasin's saying he has an 18 year old on his transfer market just now, whereas, from experience, I won't get any 18 year olds until tomorrow
    My TM at the moment has 104 players on it, 22 of them are 19 year olds, the rest are older, none younger.

Other folk are saying it's not the same for Nord generated though. Yasin's saying he has an 18 year old on his transfer market just now, whereas, from experience, I won't get any 18 year olds until tomorrow
    My TM at the moment has 104 players on it, 22 of them are 19 year olds, the rest are older, none younger.
    Yeah, it was just a thought based on what Ive seen today regarding academy players. There were plenty of 18yo on my market too. Maybe its a different routine or sequence for different things/servers (buildings complete earlier and other things....who knows. I don't wanna think much about it or I'll bleed from the ears again.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    18 y.o. gens do exist, any day of the Season, just there aren't many of them and often as not it's a huge bidding war to get them. I usually wait until a few days in before I start shopping for new players.

I do think that you should keep guys if they have performed well, no matter age.. or stars.

My golden oldie came with my Team though: Golden oldies-bobo-start-15.jpg
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 06-01-2014 at 11:39 PM.
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    18 y.o. gens do exist, any day of the Season, just there aren't many of them and often as not it's a huge bidding war to get them. I usually wait until a few days in before I start shopping for new players.

I do think that you should keep guys if they have performed will, no matter age.. or stars.

My golden oldie came with my Team though: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bobo start 15.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	23993
    Did u take over the team? I've seen people doing that.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast