Page 154 of 268 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2676
Like Tree456Likes

Thread: Season 37

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    Sunday Review.

LGE: TWINS FC 0-6 LONDON CITY
    Back to form after the disappointing CL game earlier. Despite a dull first 30 minutes, we suddenly sprang to life, with three quick goals (Teddy King 31' & 41', Willem Gentile 43'). Goals flowed again after the break from Seamus Flanagan (66), Gentile (70) and Rudolph Mueller (89). The man of the match award went to Mueller.

CL: PS NUSAKAMBANGAN 2-0 LONDON CITY
    We were optomistic before the game that we could get a first leg lead against our lesser quality team. Apart from 2 corners in the first 6 minutes, we hardly threatened after that. One goal in each half, settled it for our opponents.

It was a relief to get a comfortable win over the team ranked 13th in our league. It keeps our lead at the top to 4 points. Manager Billy Wheeler accepted most of the blame for our CL defeat, by underestimating the opposition, and fielding a weakened team. 0-2 is not the end of the world, but we have a big problem for the 2nd leg at the Olympic Stadium.
    Oh, the CL result.... try to play more ofensive next round.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by FCP View Post
    2 wins today.

Keeping it short, damn fever is keeping me stuck to the bed.
    Bad to hear that but at least you are in vacation Good job for your results.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

A good result in league against a good team 3-1 (away).

And a very hard game in CL 1-0 for me, 1-1, 2-1 for me, 2-2 and 3-2 (in last minutes) for me in last minutes.

But things are pretty wierd, MOM is an MC, he got just 1 assist, nothing special and I have a player who scored 2 times and he got just 7, I don't get it and the MC got 9.

July Fourth 5-1 Steaua Siret Champions League Last 16, 1st Leg

I was a little nervous actually going into this game because the opposition manager is unpredictable for formation selection, they choose 4-3W-1-2 which really played into my hands as I played 3N-1-4-2 which I believe my formation counters his and when the game begun, we quickly started playing football and a shot from P.McNamara just outside the area gave us the lead, Steaua Siret then gave away a free kick on the edge of the area, up steps Mensah and he scores again, 8 mins gone and we were in control, Zidane and Rocky both had chances blocked and then Steaua Siret got an important away goal at this stage of the game through Tyrone Connor from out of knowhere. Then minutes later L.McNamara hit it from 25 meters to restore a 2 goal lead at half-time, the second half continued pretty much like the first half, We had most of the ball and quality was showing here, Papaleo is having a hard time of late missing 2 chances and setup Rocky for him to only miss, Another foul from the away side gave Mensah another free-kick and he struck it so well the keeper didnt have much of a chance. Tison and Connor both missed a chance to keep Steaua Siret in the tie, Then Papaleo broke clear with the ball past the defence and past it to Zidane for a comfortable 5-1 lead at this stage, Then afterwards we were left to do some defense work through Adams and Novotny who both kept the concertration to make sure they didn't allow Steaua Siret another away goal.

This result should be more than enough to get us through to the Quarter-Finals without having to do too much work in the second leg.

Goals: P.McNamara (4) Mensah (8,62) Connor (30) L.McNamara (38) Zidane (74) MOTM: Mensah.
    dv8r likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Champions League Last 16, 1st Leg Results

*Retired From Top Eleven*

Hello fellow managers. Lets say, hipotetically speaking i suck balls this season. I have a decent team, better than the rest of the league yet i find myself losing to lame tactics and lame squads. Lets say i try to buy a decent player (a goalie or a defender, since these two positions are the ones i need replacements for) and loses everything to a spaniard who is 2 levels below me. What is a guy to do, spend hard earned money to buy tokens to even have a fighting chance at the transfer market? Buy tokens (again) to develop my own youngsters? Buy tokens (yet again) to powertrain my existing squad?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Krmenadla View Post
    Hello fellow managers. Lets say, hipotetically speaking i suck balls this season. I have a decent team, better than the rest of the league yet i find myself losing to lame tactics and lame squads. Lets say i try to buy a decent player (a goalie or a defender, since these two positions are the ones i need replacements for) and loses everything to a spaniard who is 2 levels below me. What is a guy to do, spend hard earned money to buy tokens to even have a fighting chance at the transfer market? Buy tokens (again) to develop my own youngsters? Buy tokens (yet again) to powertrain my existing squad?
    Power T demands green+red tokens, and 2-3 player max. Since you have problem with bid war, power training may be cheaper option.
    Keep in mind math, price for 1 skill point, possible injuries...unlike that scouts will last min 3 seasons, no matter how old they are.

Apprentice
    and yet you may train player xxx but he will still get crapy marks and score no goals..trust me I had that problem, so I sold problem to other team

Jeez! I hope I don't get many more days like today, both games have been really weird.
    Finger nails down to bone stuff, even though both games ended with 3-0 wins.
    Ravers maintain there 12 point lead in the league were still only 7 points separate the eight teams below us, glad I'm not in that mix, guy who was third this morning is now sixth, it's manic and god knows who will clinch the CL places.

What on paper looked a relatively easy game went exactly the same way as the earlier CL game but took until the 44 minute to break though, Tommy Briggs (aka Pardeu/Pepp) with a solo effort.
    Shearer made it two after some good work through the centre beating most of the Spanish defenders and passing square for Shearer to slot it home.
    Eddie Latheron made it three with a vicious strike from 30 mtrs on 85 minutes allowing Ravers to bring on three subs, recently injured Parkes and Fazackerly letting the engine know they were fit and ready to go, the third was MF Sherwood replacing Tugay who had been warned twice by the ref, with two bookings coming within 5 minutes on the 80 minute mark for the Spaniards it was time to clear the decks.

When I said weird at the start, weird as in, all players ratings were well under par, all 7's with MOM Shearer 8, the whole squad is suffering a dip in form since yesterday, something is a miss and I expect I'll find out just what is planned tomorrow.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Long night for the lads from Massie Lodge.

An early flight to Buenos Aires for the top of the table League clash to decide who was on top after the first round of matches. After leading 0-1 at half time the Green & Gold got out of jail with an 88th minute 30 metre striker to win 2-3, in exasperating circumstances. Our opponent plays a tricky 3-2-2-3 which gave the lads a hard time throughout the game. The result leaves Massie Lodge 6pts clear at the top of the League Level 8 table with a clash tonight with the team now running second.

Immediately after the Argentinian clash the lads were straight on the plane to Madrid to face a difficult Spanish opponent in the first leg of the CL last 16. After leading 0-1 at half time, Massie Lodge succumbed to a 70th minute equaliser with the match finishing level. Hopefully home ground advanatge will see the lads through in the second leg as we desperately need to progress further than the final 16 in this seasons CL.

No regrets

------------------------------------

Club: Massie Lodge FC
    Level: 16
    League Titles: 6
    League Runner Up: 2
    Third Place: 3
    Champions League Winner: 3
    Champions League Runner Up: 2
    Cup Winner: 2
    Cup Runner Up: 2