Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 3 straight losses!

5/4 Street of El Manana, 19-2000 Melancholy Hill, Plastic Beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    Tank the season.
    Save up all the red and green packs and also your players will be at a higher level ready for next season.
    I've been hearing a lot of 'tanking' but not so sure what it is. Care to explain? What does it do?

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by DamonAlbarn View Post
    I've been hearing a lot of 'tanking' but not so sure what it is. Care to explain? What does it do?
    Tanking is where you purposely don't get promoted in the League - normally by putting a midfielder in goal and all your players on the wings or something like that - the advantages are that you have an extra season to build your team before getting promoted and so the theory is that you have a better chance the next season.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

5/4 Street of El Manana, 19-2000 Melancholy Hill, Plastic Beach.
    Wow.. that's harsh. Hahaha see how the season goes. If it' still trolling, then i think there's no other choice.

Well sounds like you're having a similar season my NFC Kuching had last season. Werent the strongest but weren't the weakest either. We didnt get promoted but I gave it a real go to get #7. Just give it a go and it's only 2 matches into the league season...no reason to panic

Like I mentioned abt Yellow cards, some players are programmed to get YCs. Just avoid the when buying players.

Also it helps to buy experienced older players insead of stuffing your team with younger players. I do this a lot with Real Messy and my key players are all 30-31 yo. This is due to d fact that its my 28T team so we're on a budget.

Side note, SCOUT players ARE awesome
    Last edited by Qambu Yaasi; 06-04-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Change your entire squad in first few days of each new season for 5 star players. Relying on 4 star players who did well the previous season just does not work and you will lose.

This Charming Man
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bwilko View Post
    Change your entire squad in first few days of each new season for 5 star players. Relying on 4 star players who did well the previous season just does not work and you will lose.

This Charming Man
    I beg to differ.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by bwilko View Post

This Charming Man
    Because everyone can afford to do that! I completely disagree - most people are in the same situation with 4 and some 3 star players - I'd say overhaul the ones who have no hope of progressing to 4 star, and any who aren't performing. Keep the rest and look out in case you see any exceptional players who you would want to keep for several seasons. Also any lower quality players who might need replacing soon - keep an eye out for replacements so that you aren't forced to buy players you don't really want in order to fill the gap.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Quote Originally Posted by John Naish View Post
    Because everyone can afford to do that! I completely disagree - most people are in the same situation with 4 and some 3 star players - I'd say overhaul the ones who have no hope of progressing to 4 star, and any who aren't performing. Keep the rest and look out in case you see any exceptional players who you would want to keep for several seasons. Also any lower quality players who might need replacing soon - keep an eye out for replacements so that you aren't forced to buy players you don't really want in order to fill the gap.
    I only change 6 at most, this season only 2. Because I know my 4 star players can deliver. We may not win the league but we'll definitely be top 4 at least. As the season go along, maybe bring in 1-2 once you find weaknesses.

Changing the whole squad with 5* every season sounds a bit ridiculous as you don't even know how the new guy would perform. Not all 5* are super. At least with current players you can more or less guess how they will do.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    I only change 6 at most, this season only 2. Because I know my 4 star players can deliver. We may not win the league but we'll definitely be top 4 at least. As the season go along, maybe bring in 1-2 once you find weaknesses.

Changing the whole squad with 5* every season sounds a bit ridiculous as you don't even know how the new guy would perform. Not all 5* are super. At least with current players you can more or less guess how they will do.
    Agreed that changing whole squad for the sake of does not make sense even if I had the tokens and funds to do so. What I was saying was what I tend to do - in practice I think 6 is the maximum I have changed in a season. I train my players normally, and often end up with a high level 4 or low-level 5 star team by the end of the season, but that is irrelevant - the point is ending up with a decent team that you can build on or maintain in the next season.
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Quote Originally Posted by John Naish View Post
    Agreed that changing whole squad for the sake of does not make sense even if I had the tokens and funds to do so. What I was saying was what I tend to do - in practice I think 6 is the maximum I have changed in a season. I train my players normally, and often end up with a high level 4 or low-level 5 star team by the end of the season, but that is irrelevant - the point is ending up with a decent team that you can build on or maintain in the next season.
    I wasnt disagreeing with you, was just adding on to what you said in the previous post...
    John Naish likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12