Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: To Heal or not to Heal?

Dreamer

To Heal or not to Heal?

This player had the worst injury I've seen yet in this game (in training no less)!

To Heal or not to Heal?-worsttraininginjury.jpg

I'm currently out of medical packs, but I do have exactly 24 tokens. The injury happened today, so I figure if I'm gonna heal him it needs to happen today to minimize missed training time. On the flip side, I could keep my valuable coins and buy a new star player.

Thoughts?!
    Celtic likes this.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Famous
    Sorry about your player.

With 24 tokens you should be able to acquire multiple 5 star players off the transfer market.

I don't think its worth buying the red packs for him. However, it might be tricky to get a decent new DML/ML quickly if you really need that combo. So you might need to be flexible.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    I don't think its worth buying the red packs for him. However, it might be tricky to get a decent new DML/ML quickly if you really need that combo. So you might need to be flexible.
    I have been playing everywhere except ML/DML, lol. Most of the time he plays DMC, but he also plays AML and recently DL. I'm also short on cash because of a recent transfer. Short term it will definitely be easier to buy the recovery packs, but I am still not sure about the long term.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Depends on the rest of your team, you fixtures and position overall. I'd rather try to manage with a lower star player than use those tokens.

There are 2 ways I'd approach it if I was short of cash. Sell others to raise cash to buy a replacement then sell him to replace the other(s) or take a risk and sell him if I thought I could get a replacement in time/manage without him for a period.

But the correct answer is the one that u make after considering everything - if its right for you its right.

Dreamer
    I like the selling idea... If I could get my players to sell! lol. I recently tried to sell my second most important striker (has long held my team's second most goals), but received no offers! hah.

I'm still kinda leaning toward spending on the healing packs. Even ill advised. :P

Suppose I should look at the other teams still in the cup. It's the only competition I'm worried about in the short term.

Thanks for the thoughts folks.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Yes, look at where you are going to be missing having him coming up, and consider if he is good enough (he looks like he might be) to hang onto.even if you have to play guys out of position to keep him. He is young, so think in terms of how long you expected to have him on the Team.

On my main Team I buy Tokens, but still only heal when I have to (unless it's Bobo). On my little Teams, it's do I sell or no. And there can be MUCH longer injuries. Worst I've had my Team was a 20 day broke leg (maybe it was ankle..) The shorter term injuries I try to get away without healing, or take a day off if it's a key guy. The things is, 15 is the most packs you ever have to use, so even a 20 day injury can be healed thus.

The upshot is how much does he contribute to your team.. .
    fugazi likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What Cat's saying, If I was in your position, a lot would depend on my position in the league/cup(s), and the subs I have. If an injury is way more then 3 days, and the player's important, I heal him immediately without losing too much cond/morale. The thing is, that in my view, the red packs are a bit of a scam, if you could call it that, because there is a big risk that healed player will get injured again before his original injury was supposed to be healed. And this happens a bit too much for my liking, so I'm always a little skeptical, hesitant about healing. I mostly do as Cat, get a day or 2 off but let him heal "naturally" as much as possible. Your situation is a tough

Dreamer
    Appreciate the thoughts guys. I did decide to heal him.

He is my third highest rated player, my fourth highest in value, and fourth highest paid. Of the two rated higher players than Marlow, one was also injured (who I let sit one day before healing him), and the other was a transfer to improve my much lacking striker position. (See my team showcase! lol)

I'm hoping this decision will ease the transition into the harder rounds of the cup. My team currently has a 26.5 average (3 star), and only one team still in the cup is of four star quality (that team also seems to be bot controlled). My league draws are actually much more difficult.
    Cat Harrison and Buffs Mad like this.

If he averages 7 and above, or if he is a top scorer/passer, just heal.

Ratings below 7, not worth, just (try to) sell (if you can). Plenty of 1-token junk on auctions making 6-7-5-6-7.

Actually even half of game generated players suck a lot these days.
    Last edited by Celtic; 06-08-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast