Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Skidz
  • 1 Post By Alexander Gomes

Thread: Can't seem to win anymore!

Can't seem to win anymore!

I am currently in Season 12 and it is going terrible to say the least. This started last month on Season 11 and it has not improved so far this year. I am playing teams with quality well below mine and getting beat by multiple goals. I started setting up my formation to counter the other teams (or a formation that worked for another team and beat my opponent) and I still get dismantled. I have players that are all 5 stars and up but I am currently 4-1-7 on this season. Practically out of Champions League Contention and now 3-1-3 in the league 8 points off pace.

Is anyone else experiencing this? All things that worked in the past just not working now and getting pummeled by weaker opposition.

Thanks in advance!

Last season i had a total of 7/8 games in LEAGUE without winning, even against a abandoned team and a full 2* team.

It happens from time to time, your team just dont perform, even against weaker opponents, it is just a matter of time.
    This season i am having good results with the same players, since i didnt promote because of the bad results.

I have one team on level 12 and another on level 11, and what i notice is that at this levels the teams are more similar in quality, Making it hard to have always good results.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Have you updated your team?, are your players getting old?, are you constantly changing formations?, do you buy hot prospects and acadamy players?, how ofton are you training? Keeping your players-condition up?, are you playing players out off position?, are you resting your players by rotating them regular? What is your team and formation?
    John Naish likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Have you updated your team?, are your players getting old?, are you constantly changing formations?, do you buy hot prospects and acadamy players?, how ofton are you training? Keeping your players-condition up?, are you playing players out off position?, are you resting your players by rotating them regular? What is your team and formation?
    Thanks for the reply!

I keep my team young as best as I can, team name is Soria FC. Oldest player now for example is 25 yrs. I consistently upgrade my team to continue to keep up with the new level. I'm not sure if this is the problem or what but it worked just fine for the first 10 seasons. At the end of the season I sell my 4 star players if they aren't close to becoming 5 stars fairly soon. I do my best to rotate all players and keep them as fresh as I possibly can. I usually train (all three, stretch, condition and match) immediately after the new day starts to ensure that the team trains prior to the days games. From season 4 up until last season when this started happening I played a 4-1-2-1 narrow diamond. Last year after a string of bad results I started using formations with the intent of countering what the other player was doing. It worked for the most part but still wasn't enough. This year it's even worse. 3 seasons ago I would play a team of higher quality playing a 4-4-2 flat and as soon as I saw that formation I was licking my chops with my 4-1-2-1 and beat them consistently. Last year I started getting beat down by 4-4-2 against my 4-1-2-1 by both higher quality and lower quality opponents. First round of cup I lost 3-0, 3-0 to a team of at least 7 points less quality than mine. Champions league I've been getting beat down by lesser teams and same with the league. I never play players out of position.

Rookie
    I'd say the opponents in your league are one level higher than yourself. Im also nearly losing everything again after being placed for the seond time in a league where all opponents are 1 level higher and I kinda suck. Thats why i downgrading my team now and keep the basic team 5/6 stars.

Eddie,
    First of all don't change the formation every match. I have seen many times that that is the reason for losing consecutive times.
    Secondly try to play the diamond with the right orders. I have used the diamond for 12 seasons now. Use mixed passing,always attacking,zonal marking also always,own half if you play against stronger teams. Use offside trap if he has a lot of attacking players.
    Use whole pitch against weaker teams and offside trap again if he has a lot of attacking players.Tackling style ALWAYS HARD, with normal you have less possesion and with easy you have no possesion and ironically more cards.Don't worry you won't get red cards or yellow cards every game.Focus passing THROUGH THE MIDDLE.

And finall do not train your players every day. Your chance of injury increases.

I wish you have more wins in the future
    Last edited by Christian Christiansen; 06-09-2014 at 06:58 PM.

I will try to beat you with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond Formation

Yeah mate, this game is getting confusing and too much strange for me. I'll give you my example, my team is in lvl 14, almost with 6 stars and this season i had to repeat in lvl 14, now it seems that nothing is fair, i lose against teams that have less 15 points of average quality!!! It seems that if i spend more time playing and seeing the games my team have more % of getting worst and playing worst too. For me isnt fair... Another issue that i have notted is that somehow sometimes all the results are the same for example in 7 games 6 were a draw!!! For me this is ridiculuos... Seems that u dont have anny advantage for having better players and a better team and spend more time that others playing... Im getting the option of just end with the game because for me it really doesnt reflect what we do and the time that we spent constructing ours teams. Maybe the problem be the engine game... For me is a little Unfair...

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie13 View Post
    I am currently in Season 12 and it is going terrible to say the least. This started last month on Season 11 and it has not improved so far this year. I am playing teams with quality well below mine and getting beat by multiple goals. I started setting up my formation to counter the other teams (or a formation that worked for another team and beat my opponent) and I still get dismantled. I have players that are all 5 stars and up but I am currently 4-1-7 on this season. Practically out of Champions League Contention and now 3-1-3 in the league 8 points off pace.

Is anyone else experiencing this? All things that worked in the past just not working now and getting pummeled by weaker opposition.

Thanks in advance!
    Yup, I suffered this last season and this season. But then again the top 6 teams from last season's league were of equal quality in terms of first 11.

This season some of us got paired again but this time around there was another team whose quality is slightly lower but he is the only one with 100% record. I have already lost twice, including one to this unbeaten team.

Most of the time I have a lot of possession, and I mean ridiculously high like 60% but still lose. Even match rating this season is extremely false (we know match ratings can be false). Looking at head to head match rating after matches, it would not have looked liked I was the losing team.

Nordeus has changed something last season and this season, and I don't think it has worked out favorably to many players. As seasoned players, I'm sure a lot of us have noticed some difference in the game engine. It's not obvious but there was some tweaks done Im sure.
    Last edited by Qambu Yaasi; 06-10-2014 at 10:01 AM.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T