Thread: Why this happened?!

Why this happened?!

I finnished the champions league group with the same points as the second team and with a better goal difference. Why didn't I cuallified to the next stage?!

The other team had a better head to head record against you probably - goal difference is way down on the list of criteria to separate tied teams.

Aaa, ok. Thx

I would've posted the rules but I forgot where I put them. Maybe someone else will.

But its roughly:

Points gained in matches against each other; then
    Goals scored against each other; then
    Away Goals against each other; etc

If I remember where they are I'll edit in.

Edit: here- these are the main UEFA CL criteria the game uses

Originally Posted by Cat Harrison
    If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (in descending order):
    a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
    c) higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    d) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    e) if, after having applied criteria a) to d), two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to d) are reapplied to determine the final ranking of the
    two teams. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria f) to g)
    apply;
    f) superior goal difference from all group matches played;
    g) higher number of goals scored fr om all group matches played
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 06-24-2014 at 05:44 PM.