Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Profit on rental player!

Dreamer

Profit on rental player!

I recently bought a player I had no intention of actually using, played him for two games, lost both. Today I sold him for a hefty return!

Profit on rental player!-profit.jpg

I bet the buying manager thinks he made a steal too as he was the only bidder :P
    Last edited by Cody Allan Taylor; 06-25-2014 at 03:49 AM.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Proof that sometimes it's worth it...I think you are lucky, since he's a double role.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

you probably could have kept him and trained him even more and made more of a profit!

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    you probably could have kept him and trained him even more and made more of a profit!
    Probably, but I didn't want to keep him to close to the season deadline. I was hoping for some action in the bidding wars, but oh well. Definitely didn't want to risk losing too much value when he turns 19. I don't think he was a stellar trainer, though it's hard to say as both games he received a 6 rating.

I'm definitely happy with the 1.21M profit, lol. Plus, now I have money for a AMC/AMR that's on the market right at the moment

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Dreamer
    The replacement:

Profit on rental player!-upgrade.png

I spent 280K over what I sold the rental player for. He also has a role to fill in my starting eleven unlike the other man who was competing to replace Alexsander Marlow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Allan Taylor View Post
    Probably, but I didn't want to keep him to close to the season deadline. I was hoping for some action in the bidding wars, but oh well. Definitely didn't want to risk losing too much value when he turns 19. I don't think he was a stellar trainer, though it's hard to say as both games he received a 6 rating.

I'm definitely happy with the 1.21M profit, lol. Plus, now I have money for a AMC/AMR that's on the market right at the moment
    Have you ever sold a good player on the first day of the year? that is when the bidding wars happen!

RETIRED

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I have! ST is a good one to sell, they always get bidding wars Day 1. Day 1 or 2 is the most busy time, so it's a good day for sellers. Also, if I have some players with iffy rating they get sold on day 1 when only stats show.
    RJSlow likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dreamer
    So fun times ahead! I will be facing Freddy Gareau in the upcoming season! The manager that bought him off me is playing a 4-4-2 and the team is rated slightly higher than mine. EEEEEEeeeeeekkkkk!
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Maybe the player wants revenge, watch out for a man of the match performance!

RETIRED

Dreamer

Well Alllllrrriggghhhtttyy then

Going into the game against MU FC I expected a battle, but what I got was a beat down. My team rated 35.0, MU FC rated 36.1 (Starting 11 my team was better having 6 five star players and 5 four star players, MU FC had 2 five star players, 7 four star players, and 2 three star players). Playing at home. My team using the counter formation of a 3-2-2-2-1 B-fly.

Three goals allowed, all striker-to-striker crosses. What. :S

Profit on rental player!-losstomu.jpg

Profit on rental player!-losstomu2.png

Profit on rental player!-losstomu3.jpg

The good news here is that Freddy Gareau was not a huge factor in this game. The horrible news is that the player he could have replaced, Alexsander Marlow, was a factor. A huge negative factor. Looks like he was responsible for two the goals allowed.

My tactics started as follows:
    Team Mentality: Normal
    Focus Passing: Mixed
    Pressing Style: Own Half
    Tackling Style: Hard
    Passing Style: Mixed
    Marking Style: Zonal
    Force Counterattacks: On
    Offside Trap: Off
    Red Forward Arrows: DML, DMR
    Blue Defense Arrows: MC, MC

Any input is welcome! So frustrated and confused at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast