Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Champion's league bug ?

Banned
    What happens when the same condition arises in real life CL...The same will happen in TOP11......

Champion's league bug ?-poule-c.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Champion's league bug ?-sans-titre.jpg  
    Last edited by Thierry Morales; 07-11-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Lol, you didn't say there were 3 teams tied! (I did raise the possibility of the 3rd team matching 7 pts in early post).

I'm afraid thats a nightmare to check and we'd need every game result involving the 3 teams to do it. And its not worth the effort.

If you want to try then you need to apply the rules given to all three tied teams.....again, really not worth the effort.

Just wait until the start of the new day - the system will work it out and confirm final standings.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-11-2014 at 12:21 PM.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    This gets asked so much, they put it on the main News: Champions League rankings - Top Eleven be a Football Manager
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Morales View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poule c.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	25688
    Ah right, that makes it easier. 3 teams are tied, so you take out results vs the top team. Whoever it was that beat the top team will be out (-3 points off their total). And if it was a different team that drew the top team (-1 point), they'll be out too

I beat Kiro 3-0 / 3-4 (6-4 on aggregate)
    I beat Galatasaray 4-0 / 0-1 (4-1 on aggregate)
    So I think I should be qualified.
    Pete, where is it written you take out the results vs the top team ???

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Here's the relevant bit from the OFFICIAL NEWS page I linked up there:
    "The winner of each stage and the position of each team in the rankings is determined by the following:

1. Higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;

2. Higher goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;

3. Higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;

4. Higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;

5. If, after applying criteria 1) to 4) to several teams, two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1) to 4) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the two teams in question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 6) and 7) apply;

6. Higher goal difference from all group matches played;

7. Higher number of goals scored from all group matches played"
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Months ago if 2 teams , the 2nd and 3rd had 9 points the goal differance was the thing to look... but thats not real so they changed the rules, and now, it's suposed the the rule is the goal average, between the teams involved in the draw, so, if you won 3-0 and loose 4-3, ou have to be 2nd...

only if the 1st have the same points as the 2nd and the 3rd you can be 3rd, because you have to delete all the matches of all teams against the 4th and do the classification again only with 3 teams for example if 3 teams have 10 points.

EDITED:

wellI see the pic of the draw between 3 teams, so do the clasification again but without count the matches against the 1st and sure that you have less points than the 2nd, or not better goal differance.
    Last edited by khris; 07-11-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Morales View Post
    I beat Kiro 3-0 / 3-4 (6-4 on aggregate)
    I beat Galatasaray 4-0 / 0-1 (4-1 on aggregate)
    So I think I should be qualified.
    Pete, where is it written you take out the results vs the top team ???
    "The winner of each stage and the position of each team in the rankings is determined by the following:

1. Higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question; ..."

So you had 2 wins and 2 losses vs the other 2 teams. That give you 6 points. By inference, you had a draw with Eugene.
    The other 2 teams earned 3 points each against you. They get another point each from a draw between one another. So whoever won the other game between them has 7 points, and goes through - I'm afraid you're out.

Kiro lost twice against Eugene
    Galatasaray won once and lost once against Eugene
    I lost once and had a draw against Eugene.
    Indeed if you take out Eugene's matches I am out and Kiro in.
    But to me that's neither fair nor logical.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast