Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Assisted penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    But then every penalty should have an assisting player, shouldn't it? I'm confused...
    I looked back at my results and have no clue anymore also, because one of my players got an assist on a penalty he scored on. I accept he was the one fouled, but because he takes it, he should not be awarded an assist. I am just going to call this something else Top Eleven can't get right and move on
    Gintaras Račas likes this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

I only said that I've experienced a handball from a fk that gave an assist for the penalty. So that one I know. (Even wrote about it in my showcase I think as it was a handball after handball. But don't go looking for it - you'll get lost in there.)

Never noticed it with tackles. The reason I gave the link was not only to highlight the different possibilities but to also highlight there is no clear rule or agreed system. If you really wanted to know then probably go get lost in statistical sites like Opta (think thats their name).

Personally I'd just say "somebody did something", move on and keep my eyes peeled for next time.

PS. there's probably some 'goal scoring opportunity' criteria for foul assists or 'last defender' shizzle or something else
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-21-2014 at 07:35 PM.
    Peter Renn likes this.

I think this normally happen on set pieces, where the guy who takes the corner/free kick was a good delivery and the opponent handballs the ball, if the penalty taker is different from the guy who took the corner/free kick then the guy who took the set piece gets the assist if the penalty taker scores the goal

Yep, I did a comment of that some months ago, is a "error" of the game. In penalties or fouls who recive the foul is who assist, like in a corner if a ST score, who pick the corner is who assist...

One thing that now I don't remember is, if in a foul for example, the ST or another just touch the ball to do the goal (or with the head) and it appears like assistance... ¿?

Too in some other moments when a player recive a passing can have the consideration of assistance but... now I'm not sure about what do this game... LOL

Too is difficult see a hand... or a moment in what to do a "cession" inside the area... but well, .. in general terms I thing that this is the most interesting game we can play in facebook, we can no have all

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    Yeah, what it actually is? Because my GK is taking penalties so it's obviously not him who gets fouled but still I don't see any assists then.
    Oh come on, your GK is taking a regular penalty! oh man, now we know it's a stupid PC/APP game, what if he misses the other GK will just kick it back into your empty net! or I forgot there is no net, empty goal I mean, sorry.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip L. Willis View Post
    Oh come on, your GK is taking a regular penalty! oh man, now we know it's a stupid PC/APP game, what if he misses the other GK will just kick it back into your empty net! or I forgot there is no net, empty goal I mean, sorry.
    What if I toldy you... My goalie DOESN'T miss, lol.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12