Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 'Special Ability' Question?

'Special Ability' Question?

When learning a player a 'special ability' with every training point you assign towards that, does the player slowly master that skill in the live matches?

...'Example being a centre half i have who is learning 'Defensive Wall' for every point i am awarding him towards his skill will it show more and more in his performances in the live matches...

Hope that makes sense lol

I don't understand anything.

Well maybe yea, and the answer is NO. To show the ability of defensive wall, he have to lean it 1st, is not something proggressive...
    Or he know how to kick a foul, or he don't know, basically.

But too he can be bad proggrammed.... thats the 2nd half of this story.... but usually deensive wall works well... all my players that had this ability, were/are great.

In the case of penalties/fouls/corners all depend of % of internal proggramming in more sense...

Cheers,

he just seemed to me to be making crucial tackles and stopping the opponents attacks more often than he usually did since i started training him for the 'Defensive Wall' ability, he's only at 13/50 for the special ability.

I suggest not, once you gain the skill you gain it; it is not a progressive skill and defensive wall only works well to block free-kicks and not the general play that I once thought it was.

Performance varies by game based on your opponent formation and your win bonus etc. Perhaps your player has high defensive stats compared to the other defenders?
    Last edited by Alfyan; 07-23-2014 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Reed View Post
    Cheers,

he just seemed to me to be making crucial tackles and stopping the opponents attacks more often than he usually did since i started training him for the 'Defensive Wall' ability, he's only at 13/50 for the special ability.
    I did that in lvl 1, DONT TRAIN, BUY! the special abibillity. Ok let me tell you, will the player progress as a better defensive wall, the more points you give towards the special training, I don't know, please tell us what you see/feel is happening, as for whether he we be a better defensive wall once you finish, that is NOT for sure. He can still suck at his Special abilities, Special abilities player vary some a good at it some are bad, its just luck.
    Last edited by Philip L. Willis; 07-23-2014 at 03:25 AM.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

yeah its not worth it to train a special ability unless it is a player you never use, and your just trying to set him up on the negotiation list

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

He obviously likes the attention you are given him and has responded. Book him in for a massage and he'll probably get a hat-trick next match.

Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    yeah its not worth it to train a special ability unless it is a player you never use, and your just trying to set him up on the negotiation list
    If you have a VERY fast trainer without special ability (+115 per match or hard training) and he's good, the first thing to do is to train the best special ability. Because players will train slower as soon as they go one level up, so you gotta squeeze all those quickly earned skill points in the best way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
    If you have a VERY fast trainer without special ability (+115 per match or hard training) and he's good, the first thing to do is to train the best special ability. Because players will train slower as soon as they go one level up, so you gotta squeeze all those quickly earned skill points in the best way possible.
    If you have a player like that the sane thing to do would be train a new role, not ability.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    If you have a player like that the sane thing to do would be train a new role, not ability.
    The only time I did this was with my current goalkeeper... No new role possible!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast