Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Has playing a DMC worked for you defensively?

Rookie
    I can't help but laugh. Took the advice of all your posts on board and removed all the red arrows from my midfield 5 with the exception of the middle CM. I kept his red arrow as he also happens to play the role of AM so thought he was the logical choice to bomb forward.

Well I got thumped in the Champions League 5-2! I think in 4 seasons that's the first time I've conceded 5 goals! His team is rated 32.4 and my team 29.2 although if you compare our top 11 his team is rated 34.3 while mine is rated 33.4

To make matters worse his formation is just stupid! (see image below).

Back to the drawing board I think. Might consider a DCM after all and maybe some blue arrows and definitely a new goalie who rated 4! And generally never rates above 5 even though he's 5* and rated 35!

Has playing a DMC worked for you defensively?-top-11-match-result.jpg

Banned
    This is the reason why I avoid giving advise...LoL......
    Philip L. Willis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Survivor View Post
    In real life lol. We could be here all day if we compared Top 11 to real life mate. If top 11 was close to accurate to real life, you would be able to use blue arrows and red arrows at the same time, as lets face it, wing backs, or wide players also asked to defend, go back and forth down the flanks so they'd have blue arrows and red arrows in place at the same time.
    By the way, the formation I laid out is how Van Gaal has had Man Utd lined up in pre season, 3-5-2 with the two wing backs actually positioned to start on the left and right of the midfield in one long line of 5. And then of course before the game he would have drawn an arrow going back and an arrow going forward on the white board
    They kinda do but not quite. You can set team mentality in Orders and enhance the player 'mentality' with arrows.

I can't help but laugh. Took the advice of all your posts on board and removed all the red arrows from my midfield 5 with the exception of the middle CM. I kept his red arrow as he also happens to play the role of AM so thought he was the logical choice to bomb forward.

Well I got thumped in the Champions League 5-2! I think in 4 seasons that's the first time I've conceded 5 goals! His team is rated 32.4 and my team 29.2 although if you compare our top 11 his team is rated 34.3 while mine is rated 33.4

Back to the drawing board I think. Might consider a DCM after all and maybe some blue arrows and definitely a new goalie who rated 4! And generally never rates above 5 even though he's 5* and rated 35!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Top 11 match result.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	26926
    That's because 3-5-2F is a poor formation in general and omg you HAVE AMC/MC and played him in MC?? What's your problem? Just putting him upwards and playing 3-4-1-2 would've resulted in a much better score....
    Philip L. Willis likes this.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Dreamer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Top 11 match result.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	26926
    Not really surprising - you need 4 defenders (one can be a blue-arrowed DMC) against 3 strikers, all he has to do is kick long balls down and force 1-on-1s. And he has a DMC to mark your MC ranging forward, and 3 defenders (up until the injury/sending off) to cover your 2 strikers. On the flip side you probably had more possession in midfield, but that doesn't always translate into goals.

Dreamer
    Man, you have 4 MCs with free role basically asigned.... 1 is enough if you dont play flanks... if you do , MR - ML is enough .. .jesus... why ?

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    I nearly always play with a DMC it is most essential to my 3w-1-4w-2 formation!, it acts as extra cover for my defence and links up with my attacking midfield, you can play a blue arrow on him if you want to be more defensive but in general I play with a red the same as all for midfield and strikers.
    I prefer to get him with the playmaker SA if possible but its not essential, you can always tweak your orders to how attacking/ defencive you wish to play which is how I do it.

Has playing a DMC worked for you defensively?-untitled.jpg
    Last edited by Skidz; 08-04-2014 at 01:16 PM.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

I also play a dmc in most matches he usually does very well !!!!!

Ps my avatar picture is Rowland !!!!!!!!!!!

how Van Gaal has had Man Utd lined up in pre season, 3-5-2 with the two wing backs actually positioned to start on the left and right of the midfield in one long line of 5.
    MLs and MRs are supposed to be offensive units backed by DLs and DRs...

What people call 3-5-2 is something more like this... in real life.
    Code:

↑
             ST
                     ↑
                    AMC
              ↑
             MC      MC
        ↑                  ↑
       DML      DMC       DMR

DC  DC  DC
                 ↓

GK