Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Has playing a DMC worked for you defensively?

Rookie
    ok well new tighter formation starting today. Lets see how I go.......

Has playing a DMC worked for you defensively?-top-11-new-formation.jpg

That's an interesting formation. I have a hard time setting asymmetric formations myself but they can be effective. Just my opinion, but if that ST is right footed I'd play him on the right, unless the defense is weaker on the left (or right from other team's perspective). It's your team though, set it up how you like it most, and how it works best for you.

Well that was a tough lost, but please also include your tactics... that is probably as important as formations and arrows!
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Survivor View Post
    ok well new tighter formation starting today. Lets see how I go.......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	top 11 new formation.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	26966
    I'm sticking my neck out again, maybe for you to chop, but NOT good. Not the best formation you can play.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip L. Willis View Post
    I'm sticking my neck out again, maybe for you to chop, but NOT good. Not the best formation you can play.
    I've got 3 games tomorrow, tough cup game, tough CL game and playing 1st in my league who's got a 100% record so far this season, so we'll see how the formation stacks up. I have to admit I won't get ahead of myself, but I played a game in the league tonight and kept a clean sheet and smashed them 6-0. My AM was MOM and scored twice and my RM had a good game and scored twice as well. I'm not getting carried away though as my team had a much higher rating than them.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaa View Post
    That's an interesting formation. I have a hard time setting asymmetric formations myself but they can be effective. Just my opinion, but if that ST is right footed I'd play him on the right, unless the defense is weaker on the left (or right from other team's perspective). It's your team though, set it up how you like it most, and how it works best for you.
    Yes he is left footed. He had a fairly average game to be honest tonight though, but my midfield were amazing and we won 6-0 so he didn't need to shine....

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    That answer is so much better than mine.

Yep, I like DMc's and sometimes will field 2 or 3 of them.
    Especially play against ND..hehe.. 2DMCs are perfect...
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip L. Willis View Post
    Unfortunately I think we're going to have to sever your head from your body. Since switching to that formation;

P5 W4 D0 L1 F14 A3

Only defeat came against the guy who tops my league, is higher rated than me, 100% record this season, and I think is a token buyer, plus he switched the ko time to when I was asleep so I wasn't able to watch the game.

My attacking midfielder seems to love this formation, and there seems to be a new found solidness defensively, so perhaps a DMC won't be necessary.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123