Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Knee Cartilage Tear from low intensity stretching.

Knee Cartilage Tear from low intensity stretching.

20 years' old striker, best player of course, full morale, highest rating, gets special treat upon a low stretching with 86% energy.

6 days or 15 red packs.

You ever heard of anyone in shape who tore his knee cartilage apart just warming up?

Or is it just the shameless routines programmed by the devs to suck out the red packs and compel you into money spending? "want to improve your players? get red packs to heal them all the time".

One of my players has had a broken leg in stretching and it has happened to at least one other manager i know of.
    Celtic likes this.

I would understand if players got minor strains warming up. One day out, two days maximum. And rarely.

No one tears cartilage or breaks bones from stretching.

It's just farcical.

Banned
    The day is not far when some of the players will die from stretching, will commit suicide due to low morale and will suffer a Cardiac arrest due to Cardio......
    Last edited by Siddharth Shanker Singh; 08-11-2014 at 09:01 AM.

It's not realistic, but I just assume that every time you do any training there's a chance of a random injury from the full list of possible injuries, which is why some players get serious injuries from just stretching.

That said, all 3 of the injuries to my players in the past couple days have been knee cartilage tears, which seems a bit odd. They all got those injuries from playing in matches though.
    Pete Cresswell likes this.

The title of the training are arbitrary at best and mean nothing. The logic here would be that doing 3 stretching sessions are the same as playing in a practice match- of course it isn't!! They are just names to put to the 10%, 20% and 30%.

Which brings me to the point on the thread- training poses risks to injury and if you get a broken nose from stretching or a cut thumb from cardio, it is all arbitrary.

Its just called stretching. Think of it as Warm Up if it helps but injuries are just a random event. Its a game an app its not real - are we refusing to do power training because its not realistic to have players do multiple 'Stretching', Cardio or Match Practice non stop?

Just seems that sometimes we'll grab on to anything to justify a good moan.

If you want to complain about injury clusters then do so but lets stop the realism crap.

Dreamer
    At least the injury probabilities appear to be proportional to the stamina loss involved (if you assume my lack of Cup injuries is a blip). Over 3.5 seasons I've had a 3% chance of an injury stretching, 6% cardio & 9% practice match, and 18-19% in an actual game.

Knee Cartilage Tear from low intensity stretching.-injury-cause-s8_2.png

Banned
    Good work done man......These stats will help a lot...

The injury probability of Friendly is highest which indicates that after the update the injury rate in friendly has been increased to stop us from playing friendlies......

Here's my injuries for first half of season.

Day Match Player Injury Length Healed
    1 Cup P1 Graeme Souness (MC) Groin Strain 2 No
    1 Friendly Paul McStay (MC) Hamstring Strain (G1) 3 Yes, 2 days
    2 Training Kenny Dalglish (ST) Calf Strain 2 No
    3 CL G Graeme Souness (MC) Ankle Strain 3 No
    3 CL G Bobby Murdoch (MC) Knee Cartilage Tear 5 Yes, 4 days
    4 Cup Q1 Billy McNeill (DMC Knee Cartilage Tear 6 No, sans reds
    6 Cup Q2 Paul McStay (MC) Calf Strain 4 No, reddy bye byes
    9 CL G Dave Mackay (DMC) Ankle Strain 2 Yes, 1 day
    9 Training Bobby Murdoch (MC) Hamstring Strain G1 2 Nope
    10 League Ally McCoist (ST) Something strained 3 Healed, need for Cup
    10 Cup PO Ally McCoist (ST)(again) Hamstring Strain G1 3 meh, dunno - 2 days
    11 Training Alan Hutton (DR) Knee Cartilage Tear 5 Yes, 2 days.
    13 CL G Dave Mackay (DMC) Groin Strain 4 Yes, 3 days.
    14 League Dave Mackay (DMC) (again) Hamstring Strain G1 - the bastards 4 aye right
    15 CL KO Ally McCoist ST *wails* Arrow to the knee 4 Healed all - watch this space for next one.
    15 CL KO Dave Mackay Thigh Strain 3 He can rot.

Higher than I've ever had on my main team by a long way....but not as bad as I had on my 2nd team 2 (or was it 3) seasons ago.

Note: I'm absolutely dumbfounded that after the number of hard training sessions I've done on my players for testing purposes that my training injury count is so low. O.o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast