Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 10 Man Mystery

Apprentice

10 Man Mystery

It's no secret that, much to the malaise of many T11 players, a team that has 10 men often seems to perform better than they should. It doesn't seem to matter whether they are injured or sent off...indeed, I've seen 9-man teams overturn a goal deficit and emerge victorious. Since it was me, I didn't complain.

Having watched this over the past, few seasons, I've noted that this only seems to be the case when the manager did not attend the game. And today I think I figured out why.

Today was a CL semi away from home and I set up with a 4-1-4-1 against a narrow diamond, quietly confident that I could sneak a win. However, an emergency work meeting stops me from attending. I log on afterwards to discover I had drawn 2-2, but my striker was sent off in the 26th minute, so I played most of the game with an illegal formation.

My tackling is on normal, so the red card is a random event. It would have been pretty unfair if I had lost because my job is more important to me than T11!

This doesn't explain the injury issue, when auto-subs are available, but perhaps Nordeus have set this up in the understanding that not everyone can attend every match...

Maybe not, but it's a thought!

Its a nice theory. I could even go along with it if it happened more often or if it only happened when it results in an illegal formation. In fact I might even accept it as an OK feature (given your thoughts above) >.<

But some teams get absolutely thrashed with no manager present only after they go a man down.

Today I drew against a 10 man team (after 20 mins): it was a DC that went off that made the team a 3W-4-2. It actually had very little impact on possession and it had practically no impact on the chances my team created. And the draw was the result of a goal from a double corner on the 90th minute.

My hunch is that a troll is a troll and when its going to happen it will, regardless of the number of players on the pitch. A troll is memorable enough but when its reduced numbers it sticks more.

But this is just my thoughts too. You could be absolutely right.

PS. I even chatted before the match and I said I feel a troll coming on....but I also have to admit I thought this the 2 previous games too, I just never said it.

Apprentice
    I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's probably a load of crap!

However, if there isn't some kind of safeguard about suffering from an illegal formation when off-line, there should be.

Maybe some kind of alternate formation in the event of an illegal as a result of a red. A bit like the auto-subs feature, but an auto-formation, or something.
    Marco De Bortolis likes this.

Dont think so. My team scored 4 goals after that red card. 4-5-1 v style versus 4-5-1 V style today in cl

Quote Originally Posted by russ2000_uk View Post

However, if there isn't some kind of safeguard about suffering from an illegal formation when off-line, there should be.

Maybe some kind of alternate formation in the event of an illegal as a result of a red. A bit like the auto-subs feature, but an auto-formation, or something.
    Crap or not, I still like your thinking.

However, I think Nordeus will still want to encourage ppl to be online or change match times to when they are. Pays the leccy.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jacks View Post
    Dont think so. My team scored 4 goals after that red card. 4-5-1 v style versus 4-5-1 V style today in cl
    Whilst this is a good example to the contrary, it's fairly well known that 10-man teams seem to perform at an unexpectedly high rate. Perhaps it is to change in the near future, but maybe you would have beaten 11 men 5-0, also...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Crap or not, I still like your thinking.

However, I think Nordeus will still want to encourage ppl to be online or change match times to when they are. Pays the leccy.
    I think most people would prefer to be online. I know I would. But sometimes, it's just not possible, due to jobs, families and the like. It would be nice to think they had considered this when designing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by russ2000_uk View Post

Bad idea. I don't want to see noobs that doesn't watching the matches and some ****y system doing everything right for them (after red card) .If you want to win then you need to watch your games and do changes yourself!
    Last edited by jacks; 08-18-2014 at 08:28 PM.

Apprentice
    Bad idea. I don't want to see noobs that doesn't watching the matches and some ****y system doing everything right for them (after red card) .If you want to win then you need to watch your games and do changes yourself!
    Not always possible for most people. It would be nice, but many of us have commitments that have to be prioritised. That doesn't mean we like the game any less and we certainly should not be penalised for it.

I understand that those people who can attend every game will disagree, because this is what suits them best, but it seems unfair, to me, that I might have lost a CL semi because I need to keep my job...

Rookie
    mmm the point is not that ALWAY happens, but that it happens OFTEN, maybe too OFTEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast