Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: lower team rating at the end of season?

lower team rating at the end of season?

Assumed you have a well rated team and no need to buy some new kickers next season: would you buy a few 3* kickers at the end of the season to decrease the average rating of your team?

or is it just a rumor that you get better opponents if you have a high rated team?

Apprentice
    You get a more difficult cup draw. Not sure about the league/CL.

Rookie
    it drastically affects the cup level you will play in (although too low level = less prize money), however i think the calculations only take your top 11 players into account to prevent players buying some low rank extras.

Really 'less prize money'!

Quote Originally Posted by WeWillAllBeForgotten View Post
    it drastically affects the cup level you will play in (although too low level = less prize money), however i think the calculations only take your top 11 players into account to prevent players buying some low rank extras.
    Better think twice buddy!

Do not let your reasoning overtake reality. Faulty reasoning may take you down a deep dark path of "NO RETURN".

The voice of experience says, "Getting knocked out by players 3 levels up, in the first few rounds gets you........ really 'less prize money'"!

lower team rating at the end of season?-screenshot-www.topeleven.com-2014-08-07-02-19-14-ssn-6-cup-bye-bye.png
    Last edited by Philip L. Willis; 08-20-2014 at 04:20 PM.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    The minimum squad (14 I think) of your best players is what they use to calculate Cup draw. League and CL I believe it takes into account first your friends, and then maybe your average Q.

So if you can make it pretty far into the Cup, whatever level, it is good for your budget. I have a high Q Team and usually get knocked out of Cup, and do fairly well in League and CL. If you start the Season with a lower Q minimun Squad, and then after Cup draw build up your Team massively, you can do well. But if you have a full roster of higher Q players you will be in a Cup levels above..
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 08-20-2014 at 01:11 PM. Reason: *** 5 K !!***
    Pete Cresswell likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    The minimum squad (14 I think) of your best players is what they use to calculate Cup draw.
    So tell me:

this year i started level 13 with 5* quality and first round of cup i got a 7* rated Level 14 team.
    last season i was also Level 13 rated 4* and got a 7* team too.
    the year before i was level 12, 4*, and got a Level 15 manager rated 6*

3 years, 3 first round knockouts. wtf has been calculated ???

The first 14 players of your squad are what is taken into account (i believe) in calculating your opponents for cup/league/CL so the buying of 3 stars would probably not work. Best tip is to keep your training points til day 3 then you should be better than most teams in the competitions (allowing for a bit of luck with your cup draw though!!)

So have a great team and a slim chance at the cup,, or a **** team and win the cup lol !!!! easy ??? no but change tactics for cup , Ive said before dont expect your good team to play the same against a team, 1 or 2 levels above you !!!!

Ps my avatar picture is Rowland !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedMage View Post
    So tell me:

this year i started level 13 with 5* quality and first round of cup i got a 7* rated Level 14 team.
    last season i was also Level 13 rated 4* and got a 7* team too.
    the year before i was level 12, 4*, and got a Level 15 manager rated 6*

3 years, 3 first round knockouts. wtf has been calculated ???
    Someone explained a formula once to me... its on a thread ... see if I can find it.

P.S. If you play PC/MAC T11 then click Manager then history... get an idea what level cup you have been playing in.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Yes. I like to sell my leader players at the end of season. Usually my team quality drops from 5star to 3star (i have 6 players with 1 star) and I like young token free norgden players from academy when the season starts I'm just putting my best players and play first matches. After that I'm buying (50% of my squad) new young players (18-20) with high prices and (50%) players with the age of 21-30.
    Last edited by jacks; 08-20-2014 at 04:57 PM.
    Kaizer Franz likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast