Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Simple the games rigged

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher McArthur View Post
    I've spent about 300 dollars, which is bad, I try and change tactics and formations to try and see if any of them work but I rarely see dramatic changes in my play... I really am struggling to find the right players a lot like David Moyes time at man united..... Couldn't find the right formation and tactics to fit his players....
    Chris, how many formation can you play? How much faith do you have in the following chart?

http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...ation-use.html

Do not want to go all Mumbo Jumbo philosophical on you, but how many times do you change your formation according to the strengths and weakness of your opponent? How flexible are your lineup formations?

Well some screenshots may help us help you.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

If you are struggling, keep it simple with your tactics.

Stick to a 4-4-2 with everything set neutrally (not overly attacking or defensive, but balanced), focus on buying 1 good player in each position. A good DL, 2 good DC's, a good DR... etc then see how it goes.

Evaluate how you do with that, then maybe tinker a bit after a few games to see how that affects your form. Maybe an attacking arrow on a winger, a defensive arrow on a defender etc... Or maybe go from a 4-4-2 to a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-3-3 etc...

I've found it quite easy to be competitive in this game each season - and I don't go OTT with tactics. I swap between 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1 most times, occasionally changing to another formation due to injuries or suspensions and it seems to do me fine. 15 titles in 18 seasons (will be 16 in 19 by tonight), 10 champs leagues won (in another final tomorrow - with 3 defeats in the final) with 3 cup wins too - without spending a single penny (although I do farm heavily).

I've come across some teams that play some really odd formations and often their team falls apart if a player is subbed or suspended/injured as it ends up with players out of position or playing illegal formations. The good thing to try and do is to keep balance in the team.

The other thing to do is not to panic and change formations during the game all the time for the sake of doing it. I occasionally switch from 4-4-2 to 4-4-1-1 mid game (or vice versa) depending on how the results are going, but I make sure I have the players in the position for it. I always make sure I have cover on my bench so I can keep my original formation throughout the game unless I have to change it.

I've seen lots of managers lose the game by changing their formation mid way through and panicking, instead of letting the game run to see if they could get back into the game with their starting tactic.

Keep it simple, go back to basics and give it time. Don't try to be too clever with formations etc... or expect too much from the team. Work it so that your best 11 players are playing in a balanced formation and take it from there.
    Last edited by kynan; 08-21-2014 at 02:14 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

I won 8 qonsecutive CL's :3 just do like me, tank lol too some seasosnss bought some tokens, 178 per seasosoon during some months and done.

Sure you are oing something rong... belive me and don't waste more tukens. maybe for a Spout of age 22 that u need, but don't need a lot hundreds of dollars....

Yea, I writted some words wrong, what happen? LOL

Thank you all so much, I will go back to basics, there is a few games left and I will keep you posted.

I've spent about 300 dollars, which is bad, I try and change tactics and formations to try and see if any of them work but I rarely see dramatic changes in my play... I really am struggling to find the right players a lot like David Moyes time at man united..... Couldn't find the right formation and tactics to fit his players....
    Do you have a screen shot hun ??? ( of your team tactics ) ?? maybe we can help

Ps my avatar picture is Rowland !!!!!!!!!!!

I just changed my tactics and tried to keep it simple but here are my new formation which I have used a few times before I felt like it was a good one to back to because draxler had by far been my best player this season so I had to sort
    Of build the formation around him can't post a screen shot from my phone it won't let me but my formation is a:
    4-3-1-2 (narrow)
    With
    attacking play
    Through the middle
    Whole pitch pressing (I like that type of defence)
    Tackling normal
    Passing short (trying to keep possession
    And man to man defence.

I just changed my tactics and tried to keep it simple but here are my new formation which I have used a few times before I felt like it was a good one to back to because draxler had by far been my best player this season so I had to sort
    Of build the formation around him can't post a screen shot from my phone it won't let me but my formation is a:
    4-3-1-2 (narrow)
    With
    attacking play
    Through the middle
    Tackling normal
    And man to man defence.

prove zonal making, not man to man... add all skill points in phisicall, long passing, 2 blue arrows to the DC's and all the others with 8 red... do some friendlies and put a player for right corner and another for left and play friendlies changeing proving these players till you see who is the correct man, and select this for left and right corner... the same with the fouls, prove in friendlies, pay the bonus for victory and be sure you have the +5% possession +8 attending you... too you can put long passing..

if the name of a MC/ST don't apper in 50 minutes change these.
    For the AMC place prove different MC's and ST's because theres usually one that play better...

an thats all... too you can do a period of prove of a week for your players, is a ST don't work as u want, because don't score or you don't see his name during matches and don't contributes, don't look at the quality and just sell it because is bad proggrammed.

4-3-1-2 (narrow)
    With
    attacking play
    Through the middle
    Tackling normal
    And man to man defence.
    Your formation looks good, but you need to play a few more to face different opponents. That may entail rebuilding your team, to play 2 or 3 more differing formations, maybe even 2 full complete teams.

Formations that are totally opposite of each other, I have no idea of what your line up is. So I am just making a general example of differing formations to have at your ready.

1) Narrow or wide Diamond
    2) All the V-styles.
    3) 4-4-2 classic.

It can be done with maybe a 16-18 man roster, depending on how many multi-position players you have.

Peace, Happy hunting.
    Last edited by Philip L. Willis; 08-22-2014 at 02:13 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Chris Boyd- stop complaining and rethink your tactics. The game is not rigged- you are just (with all due respect) ****.

Look at a couple of guides if you are not familiar with football, these should help.
    Gat Manar likes this.

Apprentice
    I've tried almost every tactic/formation, and nothing works I'm only ever an average manager and haven't win a tittle in about 8 seasons, and I've even spent (real) money bought good players and still no won anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really getting over this game !!!!!!!!
    I saw average quality teams win the league and the cups, it is not a matter of money
    In any case, if you are around 5-8 position... TANK!!!!
    Don't get promoted, and you can buy some good players with very few tokens in the last days of the season, and the season after run for the title with a good team!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast