Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: What tools do you use?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Allan Taylor View Post
    Does anyone know the formula to calculate player value ($)?

I'd like something like x2 + 1.2 * s - a, where x is buying value, s is skill level, and a is age.
    There can't be any formula because players value differs according to their Training Speed......

Rookie
    Am I the only one that use a magic 8 ball? Only at lvl 2 but it have worked great so far
    andrewh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOR View Post
    The age is not an excuse.
    These are the results of KGB experiments from the 60's and 70's not fair. LOL.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Allan Taylor View Post
    Does anyone know the formula to calculate player value ($)?

I'd like something like x2 + 1.2 * s - a, where x is buying value, s is skill level, and a is age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    There can't be any formula because players value differs according to their Training Speed......
    I speculate it might be a sum of two terms.

One term is the player's current playing ability which would factor in quality.

The other term is the player's potential or possible future playing ability. This part would factor in the player's age, quality, and a training speed multiplier that would range from 0-3.0. Have you seen a training speed faster than three times an average trainer?

If you plot the quality and market value of 34 year olds (this would hold age constant and possibly remove the potential quality term), you may be able to fit a line to the curve and come up with an equation.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Are you an engineer, Andrew? Very clever idea, that.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Are you an engineer, Andrew? Very clever idea, that.
    Close, but I was not practical enough during undergraduate to be an engineer. I chose to study the impractical engineering that is physics. Thanks for the kind words.

This is the part of these games that I love. I like to try to figure out how the game engine works and then maximize performance. The sports angle just adds to the fun; even when it is a sport about which I know nothing. I need to start asking more questions on the tactics and formations board.

Ash
    updated the site finally:

now you can not only check a single players quality, but your whole team. it will give you a unique team id that will reload your team each time you visit the site!

also there's a team training calculator which tells you how low you can train your team but still let them fully recover before the next match..

www.topelevencalculator.com

enjoy
    Cody Allan Taylor likes this.

I use excel but just to know the average aspect of my team like age, skills, who needs to be changed... I should add a column that tells me how far I am from the next level and star.
    What tools do you use?-my-excel.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234