Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree2004Likes

Thread: Season 57

Rookie
    The Academy FC played their second Champion's League match last night against the dark hour. AFC got off to a great start, going up 1-0 in the 2nd minute on a goal by Gonzalez (DMC). In the 24th minute Gonzalez suffered an ankle injury, Lorenz scored on the ensuing play, and Gonzalez had tobe subbed off. His replacement, Tholen, was injured IMMEDIATELY after coming on (sub in the 30th minute, injury in the 30th minute). This injury was from a foul, which lead to a free-kick goal for AFC. The score was 3-0 (and 2-0 on injuries ;-)) going into the 2nd half. Tholen was subbed at half-time, and replaced with a MC (didn't think I'd need 3 DMCs for one game using a 4-5-1V formation). AFC found the back of the net 3 more times in the second half, and the match finished 6-0. For my group in CL, AFC is in first with 2 wins and a GD of +17 . . .

Goals: Gonzalez (2'), Lorenz (26', 57'), Evangelatos (30'), Clemmence (70'), Tarpani (73').

Champions League: In a pre-match interview Buffs Mad announced that stability and consistency were the watchwords and no radical formation changes would be made with a return to 4-5-1V where possible.

Jaws therefore dropped as the Buffs lined up in a 3-5-2 for the away match vs FC Black White who would play in a 4-1-3W-2. O.o (the idiot just can't help himself)

The Buffs took a quick 2 goal lead inside 10 mins as they went on the rampage. But their fragility to counterattacks, leaving too much space to exploit, saw the Buffs concede many corners and a dbl corner in 24 mins pegged them back. But the Buffs went 2 ahead again just before ht to go into the break 3-1 up. Again a dbl corner from the opposite side this time saw it pulled back to 3-2. It wasn't until the 84th minute before the nerves were settled and Dalglish scored the final goal of the match for a 4-2 win.

Buffs 3-man defence performed well rating 8s and the strike pair rated 9s. But surely the Corner Count at 9-2 to the home side will force Buffs Mad to steer a more stable course? (Doubtful )

Goals: McCoist (1, 37), Dalglish (8, 84)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Another season with an uphill battle!

Attachment 28488
    LIKE! LIKE! LIKE!

0-0-3 and 13th in table

LIKE! LIKE! LIKE!

CFC after 2 rounds: 6 pts, goals 8-0
    opponent after 2 rounds: 0 pts, goals 2-11

54' 2-1
    84' 2-2
    88' 2-3
    ... avg difference 16Q

Season 57-cc.jpg

Ninjaa FC had it's 100th match earlier today. The overall record as of the 100th match is 85-10-5. It's a good first few seasons, but still no 1st place in CL or Cup, so there's a lot of room for improvement.

Cup Update:

The opposing team's lack of depth (only 13 players on the roster somehow) bites them as Ninjaa FC wins the 2nd leg 3:0 by default, due to the opposing team having less than 11 players eligible to play. Ninjaa FC advances on 8:0 aggregate, beating a higher average quality and higher level team for the 2nd round in a row.

League Update:

Ninjaa FC won 3:0 at home against a pretty decent opponent, with neither manager watching. Ninjaa FC is currently in 4th on the table still, as 4 teams are 3-0-0, and Ninjaa FC has the lowest GD (10 GF 0 GA). So far, Ninjaa FC has had the toughest schedule out of the top teams.

Tomorrow's match will be on the road against the current top team, so the tougher early schedule continues. I expect the GD will pick up as we get to the weaker teams in the league.

CL Update:

Ninjaa FC went on the road to face our opponents from last season's CL semifinals. This match was effectively a repeat of the away leg of those semifinals, as it ended in a 2:2 draw. As the manager, I think this really should have been a win, but I probably should have changed my tactics on the defensive side a bit to make it happen. I have an idea how to beat this team when we play them in the 6th match of group play though.

Ninjaa FC is currently on top of the group, tied with the 2nd place team at 4 points, but ahead by 1 on both GD and goals scored. I mentioned when I first saw this CL draw, that this was definitely the toughest group in the CL and I still stick by that. The 4th place team is basically there for goal farming, and the other 3 teams (including Ninjaa FC) are probably all in the strongest 5 teams in the tournament. So far, both matches that have been played among the top 3 teams in the group have ended in 2:2 draws, so this could end up being a close call for who advances.

Famous
    League day 4 n CUP update

Winning 11:

League: Won 4-0 Home...Top..4/4 wins

CUP: End of the journey..Draw 2-2 away.. but we lost in penalty shoot out...They even had red card n we controlled 72% of ball possession but they even got stronger n managed to balanced when we lead 2-1...hic..so sad...
    Last edited by Brian Dang; 08-29-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Sometimes it runs likes this. Yesterday I already signed a RM to train him,

Season 57-basil.jpg

but today I detected this guy and nobody was bidding.

Season 57-ireland.jpg

While for another player it was the right decision to stop bidding after round 1.
    Season 57-race.jpg

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

Rookie
    bad day for bidding from 30 tokens down to 3 and didn't get any player maybe i should waited mid season

Affiliate Team News: Catch-up

Celtic Rangers (lvl 3) continue their fine form with a 6 goal away win.
    Dribbling striker Thomson bags a hat-trick, his 6th 9 rating and saves a baby in a runaway pram from danger on the road.

Shangalang FC (lvl 5) stumble to a 1-1 home draw. Must try harder.

And one more signing:
    Season 57-onemoresigning.jpg

Yeah, I know: No SA, no multiple positions, no 4/9 quality. But a good price and I still have lots of green boosters.
    Buffs Mad, Brian Dang and Dman2pt like this.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast