Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How could this guy bid if he has a negative budget?

How could this guy bid if he has a negative budget?

I just lost a player from some guy who has a negative budget. I have $106 million and in the second round of bidding I saw he had -$45 million. So I thought I won the player without having to spend another token. Well I was wrong, he bid with 1 second left and I lost player. I refreshed the page and saw him bid on another player and I saw his budget and now its -$67 million. How did he win the player if he can't afford him?

I don't know because I cant bid in negative. LOL nope?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomel Dimasuay View Post
    I just lost a player from some guy who has a negative budget. I have $106 million and in the second round of bidding I saw he had -$45 million. So I thought I won the player without having to spend another token. Well I was wrong, he bid with 1 second left and I lost player. I refreshed the page and saw him bid on another player and I saw his budget and now its -$67 million. How did he win the player if he can't afford him?
    I've seen this too. Some guy had -$30.6m but I've seen it before, I don't know how it works. Maybe they bid on HEAPS of Players and win most of them and when you see them they have -$x amount because they've won all their bids, but are still eligible to bid because they did so when they had money?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon 'Pasta' Creegan View Post
    I've seen this too. Some guy had -$30.6m but I've seen it before, I don't know how it works. Maybe they bid on HEAPS of Players and win most of them and when you see them they have -$x amount because they've won all their bids, but are still eligible to bid because they did so when they had money?
    I'm watching the same players he's watching. I'm a lvl 9 now and he has bids on about 3-4 players that are over $21 million. I kinda have tokens to blow, so i'll experiment 1 more time and see if he wins this player.

FCB
    I will tell you how it works ... you have 106M and there are 3 players with offer value is 106M

so if you bid on one player and win him in second round then your budget goes to negative and you can't bid on other 2 players.

so you have to bid on all 3 players one after another all at a time ... so once you win one player and even your budget is negative you can still bid on other 2 players because initial bid from was made when you have positive budget ....

so once you bid it doesn't matter whether you have negative or positive budget... you can continue bidding till you last the tokens

hope it is clear ...
    Aty Eden and Maxtax like this.
    FCB - Indian Team

Playing form 2013

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomel Dimasuay View Post
    I'm watching the same players he's watching. I'm a lvl 9 now and he has bids on about 3-4 players that are over $21 million. I kinda have tokens to blow, so i'll experiment 1 more time and see if he wins this player.
    Same here. I got into a bidding war for about 5 rounds, then I won. Now, I bid on the same players as he does, mainly because I want them, but it's fun to pi*s him off too. >: D Yes, I'm an evil b*****d.

What is this with the negative budget? See some guy buying couple of players with a budget of -400M.

I remember I could not bid if my budget was below the asking price of the player...

Quote Originally Posted by Yasp0 View Post
    What is this with the negative budget? See some guy buying couple of players with a budget of -400M.

I remember I could not bid if my budget was below the asking price of the player...
    FCB explained it in his post. At the time of bidding as long as you have enough money originally for one player, then you can still bid on multiple players, if you win them all then you go into the negative

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

But I saw him bidding like 5 hours earlier also with a negative budget...well strange

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    He could have put his bid in at the beginning of long auctions? Some are over 5 hours.

But he could also have bailed himself out with a "Bank Loan" ($$ for Tokens) and then did the same thing again, intending to bail himself out if needed after selling off some players.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast