Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Pay to win player ruin all the fun

Rookie

Pay to win player ruin all the fun

First i have to say that i understand that nordeus need to make money, but this is just silly.

I'm at lvl 3 and every good player that i try to buy this Stephan is also buying. no one can compete with him since i guess his mom pays for this game? he bids on every player worth more then 3 mil, i'm not sure what he do with them since he can't have that many, Maybe he is a nordeus player?

Yesterday i gave up on a good player after paying 25 tokens, didn't want to pay 5+ mil for a player worth 3 mil but that player is not even on his list of players? And i know atleast 5 players that i have follow and Stephan have won but they are not on his player list.
    Where are they?

Is Nordeus scamming us? I have never played a game that is more pay to win before but are they also cheating us to pay even more?

Stephan's team was founded 30/07/2014 he is lvl 3 and his team is worth 42.8 mil with an average quality of 35.

Something is not right here.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    He bought Tokens. I have had a similar rival my whole career. (I failed to promote last season and one of the bright sides to that is he won't be in my League again.) I figured out he lived in Italy so stopped looking at TL when Italians are awake... then eventually he found the Scout list and I didn't see him on the TL as often. The players don't have to be signed for a week, so unless you continually check his squad you won't know what happens.

There are no bid bots or "Nordeus players". What there are is people who have invested in more Tokens than you would think, that's all.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sven, this game is not really pay to win. I haven't bought a single token and yet I still manage somehow. It's a good thing that you know that this guy has a lot of tokens - now you can simply avoid bidding against him. I know token buyers on my level and this helps me avoid losing tokens against them. Try to find the best time of the day to go into the auctions, and you will get your players for next to nothing. Trust me, I'm an auction addict and not many levels above you, you just need to work out the auction tactics. Best of luck!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Martyniec View Post
    Sven, this game is not really pay to win. I haven't bought a single token and yet I still manage somehow. It's a good thing that you know that this guy has a lot of tokens - now you can simply avoid bidding against him. I know token buyers on my level and this helps me avoid losing tokens against them. Try to find the best time of the day to go into the auctions, and you will get your players for next to nothing. Trust me, I'm an auction addict and not many levels above you, you just need to work out the auction tactics. Best of luck!
    This really is pay to win, how else would you explain pay to win?
    You can't get a scout player without paying for it and that player have 11 scouts... also paying money give you a lot more skill point, something a free to play player can't get. It is pay to win. paying players also get a much better stadium and get more money that way also, pay to win.
    I can't think of another game that is more pay to win then this game.

And Cat
    Last two players i lost to him was lvl 5 MC why would he want to buy lvl 5 MC? he already have 3 lvl 6 and 2 lvl 5 on the bench.
    In one day he have spent 10 mil on two players he cant even use. It does not make sense.

Some players have a lot of fun in bidding against others. I do not, but there are certainly people with many Tokens who see no problem spending hundreds of T in auctions. (Perhaps he has a lower level friend he is selling them to)

Anna is correct. You can play this game for free. When you have a stronger Team, you wind up in a stronger League, barring any weaker friends on the same level. So, if you have an average Team it can be easily maintained for free, especially if you tank the occasional season. I have a team that I created as a punchbag for my main Team, I do get boosters from videos on FB but that's about it.

Pay to win player ruin all the fun-chatts.jpg

Pay to win player ruin all the fun-chats_tr1.jpg
    iptables and Anna Martyniec like this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Famous
    Take it easy, just find a way you will feel happy to play this game. Even if no player pay for the game, you may still find some other players have methods of farming more tokens than you, and then you will feel unfair and unhappy again.

I also do not pay, and only get 35T per season. I never try to get any scout player, because I know I cannot afford. I avoid involving in long bidding war. Usually, I stop bidding after spending at most 3 or 4 tokens. Instead of enjoy winning all auctions, I enjoy smartly winning or even smartly withdrawing in bidding. If you are calm and patient, you can get many players with 1 or 2 tokens. Certainly, you cannot get the best players at will.

It is not realistic to expect winning every season. There is no fun if it is too easy. I enjoy challenging and upsetting stronger teams.

Dreamer
    for 3 seasons now, first 3 days each season I go in bid wars against "Bui" !!! well not really bid wars, but I spent +150 tokens against him in the last 3 seasons and never won an auction against him. so I decided to wait till he buy what he need
    Server 52

As Cat said, if your teamquality is superb, you will get promoted to leagues where you'll be facing really strong opponents. I take it easy and buy 4 or 5 stars players just to replace the 3 stars players. My league levels have never been demanding for me and I've been doing just fine.
    Also I wake up 20 minutes earlier on week days and try to get a new player during the morning coffee time. This is the time of the day when the token buyers I know about are still sleeping. If I'm lucky and there is someone I like, I usually get him for 1 token. If not, I try the next day.
    Today I bought a 5 star young goalkeeper for 1 token, 2 points away from 6 stars, already tested him in the CL and he's a keeper (no pun intended!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherifon View Post
    for 3 seasons now, first 3 days each season I go in bid wars against "Bui" !!! well not really bid wars, but I spent +150 tokens against him in the last 3 seasons and never won an auction against him. so I decided to wait till he buy what he need
    Good plan!

Your signature inspired me to get animated text too, Sherifon, I've been admiring yours and had to get something cool like that..
    Sherifon likes this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Good plan!

Your signature inspired me to get animated text too, Sherifon, I've been admiring yours and had to get something cool like that..
    Wow, Cat likes my sig ? YEEEES !! It's honor for me
    Server 52

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast