Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: That troublesome MC position

Thanks for the comments.

Dicky- I will try playing with just one MC to minimize the damage.

Can anyone tell me what is the team in Steppenwolf's video insert ? The team in white. Looks like BPL.

I have 2 clubs on same level, both use same formation (4141) and identical tactic, both have superb morale, only different servers. In these clubs there are mc in great and in bad form, they have 5*, so I think that is individual and something else determines that.

Rookie
    I suffered from this problem for several seasons. CM tend to bit a lot more miss than hit in general. My current team has a crop of four young-ish CM (plus one auto generated one season oldie as back up) who are pretty reliable now. The way I managed to achieve this was by purging my entire MF one season and then signing four/five young CM. I kept the ones who were good, and packed off the duds pretty quickly and replaced them with other CM. This season one of them is showing seasons of being useless, while another one who I was intending to get rid of has come good again.

In short, go for maybe overloading on CMs then be ruthless and get rid of the ones who are no good, keeping the cream of the crop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jult52 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what is the team in Steppenwolf's video insert ? The team in white. Looks like BPL.
    Im guessing Swansea City

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    Im guessing Swansea City
    Yep, it's Swansea

Addicted
    The only legal formation without MC that i know is the wide diamond !

Rookie
    Play wide diamond.... u dont need MC...

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Pure MC's are finicky beasts, besides GK they are hardest to get the best ratings. I play formations that use one or two MC's at the most, and I have only one pure MC on BvB, the rest have other roles so cannot be compared. But I like my one.. he replaced another great MC I had, Ty Keough, who I sold to another of my teams because good MC's too hard to find.

That troublesome MC position-vv_.jpg
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No big secret to MCs. Ratings for MCs imo are principally down to whether they are involved in the match (unless they're complete duds).

So if you want better ratings then its up to you to get them involved.

The following MC is not fantastic but does his job. I trained CK SA on him - that gives him something to do in every match. In a midfield focussed formation I try to Short Pass when possible, then good MCs will shine and its a good way of identifying duds. If I'm counterattacking then this guy needs to work so he has decent if not great defensive qualities. If I'm going down the flanks with 1 ST and mixed passing then he gets a red arrow to support and pick up loose balls (in my mind), but if I'm using 2 strikers I accept that the the play will probably pass him by and don't worry about ratings.

The only problem I have with MCs is mine get too involved XD and mine attract lots of cards - so I need to a have a few to rotate.

I don't expect my MCs to be star performers (and they're not) but they need to do the job I want them to do (and mostly they do) - I leave the big numbers and MoMs to those glory hunting wingers/AMs.

This is the guy who replaces him when he's suspended/injured/tired

The alternative ofc is to make them Scottish, if they don't play well then at least you know they'll break some legs.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 10-07-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    Cat Harrison, Jult52 and RJSlow like this.

VIP
    I had MC once, who never got rating bellow 7... 31 years old, 3-star free agent, scored 16 goals in 24 games, but I replaced him next season with 5-star MC who played well in his first season and first half of the next season, but suddenly he started playing for 5 and 6 since then...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast