Thread: Good Goalkeepers

Good Goalkeepers

I have been tinkering this season and last with my team, bringing in very young players who train fast and have multiple positions/SA. Any that score 5-6 on average i sell on, and im at the point now where most of my team scores 7-9 every game.. in all but one position. I have been unable to locate a goalkeeper that scores even 7 on average.. is this just how it is, or do they need to be older maybe? Or am I just getting unlucky with them?

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDave View Post
    I have been tinkering this season and last with my team, bringing in very young players who train fast and have multiple positions/SA. Any that score 5-6 on average i sell on, and im at the point now where most of my team scores 7-9 every game.. in all but one position. I have been unable to locate a goalkeeper that scores even 7 on average.. is this just how it is, or do they need to be older maybe? Or am I just getting unlucky with them?
    Pretty much how it is, if your GK has nothing to do, ie you are winning easy, but if he is making loads of saves in a close game like keeping you in the match he should get higher rates. I hope this helps.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshDave View Post
    lol, you mean rate not score,
    2nd, maybe you have a nice keeper but you're facing easy opponents and GK will never get good rate if he didn't save too many shots
    3rd, I believe age has nothing to do with player preformance here
    4th, keep the GK who make the most saves not who gets the highest rating
    Server 52

Quote Originally Posted by Sherifon View Post
    lol, you mean rate not score,
    2nd, maybe you have a nice keeper but you're facing easy opponents and GK will never get good rate if he didn't save too many shots
    3rd, I believe age has nothing to do with player preformance here
    4th, keep the GK who make the most saves not who gets the highest rating
    Even against stronger opponents, like every cup game I have they consistently score low rating Ill have to go back and check how many saves they made and work off that instead. Thanks

The ratings really don't make a blind bit of difference, as long as you are winning

Ratings are overated, as explained by Nordeus support to me. The way they hand out rating makes no sense whatsoever.

But anyway, generally yes when you are facing easy opponents (with 2 or less saves maybe), your GK will get a 6.

I have so far been very lucky with GKs as 90% of my GKs are rated on average 7.5 and above - who are usually match winners in close games (always > 190m tall, but I've seen shorter GKs who are equally good).

I have a midfielder who is rated 5 & 6 in all his matches but keeps scoring goals and providing assists, so I play him. Unless you have a player who rates 5 all the time and it is pretty obvious he is losing the match for you, then I feel that it is not necessary to take ratings to seriously.

Also, age is not a factor in the game. I have won titles with a squad made up of over 50% 31+ year olds.
    Last edited by Qambu Yaasi; 11-05-2014 at 03:15 AM.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T