Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Retiring as a Manager ?

Rookie
    oh well, it turned out to be a moot point in the end as we got battered in the champions league final despite rating 84.4 to his 80 and playing the same formation.

still, four successive league titles and a league and cup double this season may well be enough reason to walk away

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Allan Taylor View Post
    Teams should never be deleted. However, they should be marked inactive fairly quickly and simply removed from league. Just take a walk around the forum looking for threads on deleted (money) teams. This is the main reason I don't spend real money on this game, I already feel pretty obligated to keep my team active, but if I payed money, I'd be removing the choice altogether. I shouldn't lose my product that I paid real money for just because life became more important. Should my team remain active if I am not? No. Should the team be deleted for any reason? No.
    I agree teams should not be deleted, it might be real money paid and time invested product (buildings, etc), this is one of the reasons i would not ever even imagine to take over another club, managing the team its not about coaching only, i consider that I gamewise own the team which is connected with the manager/creator/owner, even the game also involves other features except coaching, (financing, constructing etc), so why i would abandon all this progress i ve made such as buildings, history, level etc. and start over. Any way all that is my preffered consideration for this admittedly attractive game and for sure everyone has his own game taste, but your idea for inactive teams but never deleted its very nice.
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I very much wish this game had a "pause" button. even if the players age or whatever, just so that people wanting a break from the game could readily come back after holiday and those leaving their team for a longish time wouldn't have the nasty surprise of a disappeared team, as well it would make for better league with less teams running on with no manager.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    I very much wish this game had a "pause" button. even if the players age or whatever, just so that people wanting a break from the game could readily come back after holiday and those leaving their team for a longish time wouldn't have the nasty surprise of a disappeared team, as well it would make for better league with less teams running on with no manager.
    I agree with your idea...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    I agree with your idea...
    So do I.

FC Loella
    Level 12
    Server 121
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Rookie
    still haven't decided if i want to carry on

won the league by 16 clear points in the end, as well as the cup. once i get my offer validated, i should have 594 tokens to play with so i could, in theory, improve my players to the point that a treble could be possible and i could "retire" then ..

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    We have been in very much agreement on this. Now we just need to get the dev team on board.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12