Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Retiring as a Manager ?

Rookie

Retiring as a Manager ?

How do you do it ? Can you even do it ?

I've made up my mind that if I win the treble this season, and i'm close, that i'm going to go out on top.

I don't just want to leave the team alone to fall apart so i'd love to know if it's possible to get the account deleted - or - even essentially "resign" and leave the team for someone else to take over ?

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Not really. You could take over a level 1 team and abandon it, I suppose. But really just deleting the game and not logging in for 70 days is how a team dies.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 11-12-2014 at 07:09 PM.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    thanks for the reply. i might have to take over a level one team i suppose as that'll probably be the best way to leave my current team.

it wouldn't be a bad feature to have though - the ability to hand over the reigns of a team to someone else though. it would be interesting to see what they could do with it.

if i lose the 2nd leg of my champions league semi final tonight though, it may all well be moot

Rookie
    stage two just complete with a cup win to go with the league title. just got the champions league final tomorrow

#edit

although much to my horror, i've just remembered i have a very important appointment tomorrow morning at 10am that i can't get out of so i probably won't actually be able to attend the final !
    Last edited by hankhandsome; 11-13-2014 at 09:49 AM.

good luck, don't forget to set up subs!
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Famous
    But I found no way to watch how my old team is going on now. Please advise if you know.

there isn't! I wish there was..
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    good luck, don't forget to set up subs!
    thanks! sorted the subs and tactics and just gone for the set up that has brought me the most wins this season - only 2 losses in all competitions so far so not doing too badly.

hopefully my appointment will be delayed long enough so i can watch the game

This is a bad thing. I think after each season teams who do not have any activity during that season (no login in 28 days) should be deleted. Maybe they should be notified one week before the end of the season that they will be removed if they don't do anything.
    Also it should be possible to stop after each season. 70 days is too long, in every competition (at the lower levels) there are at least 4 inactive teams.
    dave1311 likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin van Zutphen View Post
    This is a bad thing. I think after each season teams who do not have any activity during that season (no login in 28 days) should be deleted. Maybe they should be notified one week before the end of the season that they will be removed if they don't do anything.
    Also it should be possible to stop after each season. 70 days is too long, in every competition (at the lower levels) there are at least 4 inactive teams.
    Teams should never be deleted. However, they should be marked inactive fairly quickly and simply removed from league. Just take a walk around the forum looking for threads on deleted (money) teams. This is the main reason I don't spend real money on this game, I already feel pretty obligated to keep my team active, but if I payed money, I'd be removing the choice altogether. I shouldn't lose my product that I paid real money for just because life became more important. Should my team remain active if I am not? No. Should the team be deleted for any reason? No.
    Maxtax likes this.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast