Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: had the bidding in auctions changed?

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    well, it's not bad idea but i always check the profile of the other bidders - achievements, titles, money, squad, facilities and with this way it's easy to understand if the other is trully "loaded".
    this!!!!!!!
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Dreamer
    I've used the last-second bid that way too (won an auction doing it yesterday) - if you bid early for several rounds, then wait until the last second sometimes the other bidder will drop out thinking they don't need to spend another token.

But if someone's already bid in the round you may as well bid straight away - waiting to the last second is likely to annoy the other bidder, and if they're annoyed they're more likely to go more rounds into the auction than they would have otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by CMSpunk View Post
    I have only ever done the '2 bids in one round thing' three times but there is method in my madness. It was when VERY quality players were being bid for and it was an intimidation tactic to make the other bidder think that I was a token buying nut that had 1000's of tokens to spare (I certainly don't), so I can see some merit. Won 2 of the 3 in the round in question in case you were interested.

The 'last second' bidder is one that always annoys the hell out of me. My tactic is usually to bid early and when it goes to the rounds and I am up against a 'last second bidder', bid early again for a couple of rounds and then try and sneak in at the last second of the 3rd or 4th once he thinks he knows that I am an 'early bidder'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12