Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: had the bidding in auctions changed?

had the bidding in auctions changed?

.... The reason I ask this is because for example, last season I would spend a token on a bid like you do, and if I qualified at end of auction I would normally bid on the last second (yes I'm one of those annoying bidders) this would either allow me to win the auction or qualify for next round.
    This season I was in knockout round 2 I bid on last second to qualify to round 3, someone bid with 20 seconds remaining and after this I was unable to put in another bid. I had tokens, there were time left and I was second in the bid but could no longer bid to be the highest bidder like I could last season, I was phased out. This has happened twice now
    Is this a glitch or can anyone tell me something has changed in the way we bid?

Level 13 - no. This used to be server 4, God knows what is this now.
    Unless they get back old system from previous season, auctions on TM won't calm down. If you buy or farm few tokens per season, I would suggest you to try with negotiations; look at owner's team before bidding to realise how important that player is for him, then decide to bid or not.
    efc123 likes this.
    Ex top eleven player

It has happened to me a few times over the last 16 seasons. I jst accept it as a terrible server lag - i.e. when u see 20 sec remaining, it's actually already the next round. Sometimes I've already invested 7 Tokens and it happens.

I probably won't get too worked up on it. I don't. You'll be happier if you don't.

P/S we ALL do the last second bid thing.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I agree it sounds like lag or clock issue.

I don't do the last second thing (well not with BvB anyway) My strategy is to bid right away to intimidate the other bidders..Often it works.

I also don't bother the first few days of the Season since BvB's TL is hyper competitive.. I expect this Season is different due to the server changes they are making, but on some of my teams on other servers I got guys for 1T so obviously some levels/servers are more competitive than others.
    SindreI likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    as an aside, i've never really seen the point of bidding at the last second if the other bidder has already qualified for the next round - you're not achieving anything and also potentially risking leaving it a shade too long and missing out.

You don't undrestand; I'm waiting last seconds to try buy player for 1T, but if someone placed bid before, i leave that auction...
    Ex top eleven player

Dreamer
    I would bid only if a player has less than 2 minutes with no offer.

If another bid that one too and he didn't place a bid on round 1, I will bid on the last second of that round. This is enough to win on two tokens as when they see your bid it's too late to react.
    If he bid early on the first round, I will not bid and accept the token lost letting him win with 2 tokens spent, because the minimum of winning becomes additional 2 tokens in that case and there is no maximum, which to me is a waste of resources.

The worst case is an annoying bidder that, still leading a bid on the last round, bids at the last second of the next round. This nonsense is a big waste of token. If you desperate about that player bid early on the next round to avoid a fight. Bidding on the last second only works if you are behind, and nobody have bid on the newest round yet. If you bid as soon as the next round begin, the bidding on last second will do no good and those seeking for cheap deal would leave by then.

If you'd spend more than 12 tokens per player I suggest you buy only from nego instead.

I have only ever done the '2 bids in one round thing' three times but there is method in my madness. It was when VERY quality players were being bid for and it was an intimidation tactic to make the other bidder think that I was a token buying nut that had 1000's of tokens to spare (I certainly don't), so I can see some merit. Won 2 of the 3 in the round in question in case you were interested.

The 'last second' bidder is one that always annoys the hell out of me. My tactic is usually to bid early and when it goes to the rounds and I am up against a 'last second bidder', bid early again for a couple of rounds and then try and sneak in at the last second of the 3rd or 4th once he thinks he knows that I am an 'early bidder'.

Quote Originally Posted by CMSpunk View Post
    I have only ever done the '2 bids in one round thing' three times but there is method in my madness. It was when VERY quality players were being bid for and it was an intimidation tactic to make the other bidder think that I was a token buying nut that had 1000's of tokens to spare (I certainly don't), so I can see some merit. Won 2 of the 3 in the round in question in case you were interested.

The 'last second' bidder is one that always annoys the hell out of me. My tactic is usually to bid early and when it goes to the rounds and I am up against a 'last second bidder', bid early again for a couple of rounds and then try and sneak in at the last second of the 3rd or 4th once he thinks he knows that I am an 'early bidder'.
    I used that strategy before, but it only attracted token buyers.
    Ex top eleven player

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Well, it's not bad idea but I always check the profile of the other bidders - achievements, titles, money, squad, facilities and with this way it's easy to understand if the other is trully "loaded".
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast