Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: is it worth training a goalie+defender in Offensive skills and attackers in defensive

Addicted

is it worth training a goalie+defender in Offensive skills and attackers in defensive

Whenever I assign skill points to my goalie, I only strengthen his defensive abilities and his mental ones. I don't assign any skill points to his offensive abilities since he is not an outfielder (why should he know how to score, shoot or cross?)

I use the same logic for strikers or offensive players in midfield : I only assign skill points to offensive and mental abilities (eg, why should a striker know how to defend?)

And likewise, when assigning skill points to my centerbacks , I ignore the offensive ones coz I want my centrebacks to be defensive beasts.

My question now is; does the game engine want me to assign skill points to all three abilities (defensive, offensive, mental) in order for the players to perform to their max? For example, who is the best goalie in the game:
    1) 30 in defense, 15 in offense, 30 in mental
    2) 25 in defense, 25 in offense, 25 in mental

Dreamer
    me too

I do the same, I train def+mental for defenders and goalkeepers and Att+mental for strikers, while for midfielders I keep them around the same values, so the MC's are just as useful with red or blue arrows. But I also have a set of skills I train without regard to this rule. I train my attackers in heading, I'm not sure it has any effect, but just in case, and I also train my defenders in passing.
    Last edited by ParshulXXL; 02-23-2013 at 12:07 AM.

i have
    GK only defense (49 quality and 62 defense)
    Dc (defense only)
    Dl/dr (defense and mental)
    dmr (defense and attack)
    mc(offense and mental)
    ml/aml or mr amr (offense only) since i will use only red arrow on them
    amc and st (offense and mental)

and for your question 2nd is better then 1st

Addicted
    Passing and Dribbling are both under "Attack", and those 2 things do come in handy for a GK
    Finishing, Shooting and Crossing are also under "Attack", and those will come in handy for Defenders during corners
    Heading, Handling and Tackling are under "Defense" and those come in handy for Midfielders and even Strikers.

So, I try to keep them somewhat close. Not exactly the same, but I don't want the 20 point difference that some people aim for.

Its defineately worth alloting "attacking" skill points to defenders / goalkeepers, and likewise adding "defence" points to attackers.

What good is having a defender or 'keeper, who dosen't know how to distribute the ball, because he hasn't been trained in the attacking art of passing or dribbling.

Likewise, an attacker is less efficient if he hasn't learnt the art of heading, positioning or marking, that can only be gained through the defensive trait.

Every player needs to learn at least some of the basics of the other positions to which he is not accustomed.
    Ljepoje likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    Its defineately worth alloting "attacking" skill points to defenders / goalkeepers, and likewise adding "defence" points to attackers.

What good is having a defender or 'keeper, who dosen't know how to distribute the ball, because he hasn't been trained in the attacking art of passing or dribbling.

Likewise, an attacker is less efficient if he hasn't learnt the art of heading, positioning or marking, that can only be gained through the defensive trait.

Every player needs to learn at least some of the basics of the other positions to which he is not accustomed.
    Totally agree with you.

Addicted
    but how bad can a goalie be if he isn't good at passing? I mean, you never see any in-game comments about misplaced passes from the goalie so the question is - does it even happen?

Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    but how bad can a goalie be if he isn't good at passing? I mean, you never see any in-game comments about misplaced passes from the goalie so the question is - does it even happen?
    Why take the risk? And in any case, if you keep putting the points into a defenders "defensive" trait, sooner or later, you are going to reach the stage where you have the maximum difference between traits (20). Then you will HAVE to assign the points to attacking. You will have no choice.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast