Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Steppenwolf
  • 1 Post By Amane Ito

Thread: Newbie question

Newbie question

Why do people "save" skill points? I see it on forums all the time. Why not add them to your player quality right away? I mean i understand when you want to resign the player for lower wage i figured from threads that it matters but rather than that why would you?

VIP
    They believe that their players will progress faster if they keep them with a star less...
    t11_fan likes this.

Any merit to that belief?

The only reason I don't assign skill points right away is for better management of progress.

Either I assign after every 15 skill points, which is equivalent to 1 Quality point or for fast trainers, I accumulate until about 150-200 so it will give me time to decide on how I want to distribute the points i.e. decide on special ability (based on performance) or assign all to skills.

Any unassigned skill points, also affects the training progress. The game takes into consideration all the skill points accumulated. So regardless of if it is assigned or not, the progress will be impacted.

However, I am not sure if cup draws would take into consideration unassigned skill points. I don't really bother much about cups, so I don't take notice of this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

For me, I like to not assign skill points immediately, that way I can easily see wich players in my team gathers most skill points. That is not only affected by the training speed, but also injury proneness, performance in games. Also, when I have saved up to 50 points, I can then decide what I use them for, new position, special ability or raising skills.

Dreamer
    There are 3 reasons to save up unused sp. Others are a load of bull.

1. Preparation for next season. With unassigned sp your player will be cheaper to sign, and you will get better chances at the cup draw if you keep the average quality of the team lower. Meaning if you tank and expect to not to level up anyway, you have advantage if you don't assign sp and assign them once you enter the next season and/or renewing the contracts.

2. Keeping the player on the negotiation list. A player must be exactly 1sp away from the next star to be automatically listed. It is also much easier or profitable to sell a player close to the next star compared to a player who just gain a star due to the limits of the transfer market.

3. The player is not going to play match anyway for whatever reason, such as free academy player waiting to be sold on next season or trying to get him listed in negotiation, where sp assigned or not isn't a concern until the player is ready to be sold anyway.

@Amanite Ito.
    1) Afaik, saving SP won't help you in cup draw because game's engine counts unsigned skill points. That is reason why some managers use quite unusual and expensive strategy for cup: they sell their best players before new season starts and buy some free agents or receive them by auto add (when number of player in team is equall or less than 14, team receives few retiring 3* players. This way team's quallity significantly falls down.

2) This strategy is good, but even better if you can find some reliable and wealthy buyers. Open auction's tab, find 3* players (all expect FA's!) and then watch auctions for some valuable players. After end of auctions, add bidders which spend a lot of tokens on auctions. Send them frendship request and maybe message if they want to buy players from your team. When they add you as a friend, they can buy any of your players, but actually they will be able to buy only your 3* or weaker players since they are on lower league level.
    Also you can add as friends managers which already bought your ex players.
    Ex top eleven player

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Here, in post #166 I explain my reasons. Most of them are the same as some friends already said.
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...-chris-17.html
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Amane Ito View Post
    There are 3 reasons to save up unused sp. Others are a load of bull.

1. Preparation for next season. With unassigned sp your player will be cheaper to sign, and you will get better chances at the cup draw if you keep the average quality of the team lower. Meaning if you tank and expect to not to level up anyway, you have advantage if you don't assign sp and assign them once you enter the next season and/or renewing the contracts.

2. Keeping the player on the negotiation list. A player must be exactly 1sp away from the next star to be automatically listed. It is also much easier or profitable to sell a player close to the next star compared to a player who just gain a star due to the limits of the transfer market.

3. The player is not going to play match anyway for whatever reason, such as free academy player waiting to be sold on next season or trying to get him listed in negotiation, where sp assigned or not isn't a concern until the player is ready to be sold anyway.
    1. No
    2. No
    3. No

Like I said, some ppl like me save it coz it's easier to manage and track. Not everything is BULL.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T