Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree716Likes

Thread: Season 63 - Week 4

Decided last night that I was a bit bored with my current team. They were all low to mid 4 star, in the last year of their contracts and while solid, were starting to fade after a few years in my team. As a result I decided I was going to get rid of every single player in my team and rebuy new players.

With the new scout market up and running I noticed I had a lot more option for players than before. I think on the old market you had 22 scouts all at 50 Tokens each. Now my scout list looks to be around 40 in number, ranging from 39 up to 69 Tokens per person. I decided to look at the youngest and best players on the list, most of which were between 59 and 69 tokens to bring into my team and in the end I brought 9 scouts in for various prices.

While dipping in and out of the scout market I also used the negotiations list to bring in a further 5 players. I topped my recruitment spree off by signing the remaining players off the open market.

With 21 players signed up (I am still on the look out for another Goalkeeper, however I'm in no rush to add one as its a position that never gets sent off and one where I have plenty of packs to cover injuries) I then decided the next best thing to do was to power train my new recruits.

This is the end result, after my purchases and power training -

Current stats after all this -

254M cash
    11,675 Tokens
    861 Red
    953 Blue
    7 Green
    21.6 average age
    6 star 152.5 average.
    Last edited by kynan; 02-11-2015 at 12:32 AM.
    t11_fan and Cat Harrison like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    Decided last night that I was a bit bored with my current team. They were all low to mid 4 star, in the last year of their contracts and while solid, were starting to fade after a few years in my team. As a result I decided I was going to get rid of every single player in my team and rebuy new players.

With the new scout market up and running I noticed I had a lot more option for players than before. I think on the old market you had 22 scouts all at 50 Tokens each. Now my scout list looks to be around 40 in number, ranging from 39 up to 69 scouts per person. I decided to look at the youngest and best players on the list, most of which were between 59 and 69 tokens to bring into my team and in the end I brought 9 scouts in for various prices.

While dipping in and out of the scout market I also used the negotiations list to bring in a further 5 players. I topped my recruitment spree off by signing the remaining players off the open market.

With 21 players signed up (I am still on the look out for another Goalkeeper, however I'm in no rush to add one as its a position that never gets sent off and one where I have plenty of packs to cover injuries) I then decided the next best thing to do was to power train my new recruits.

This is the end result, after my purchases and power training -

Current stats after all this -

254M cash
    11,675 Tokens
    861 Red
    953 Blue
    7 Green
    21.6 average age
    6 star 152.5 average.
    11,675 Tokens, you're creazy man
    Cat Harrison and Brian Dang like this.

Dreamer
    just realised today that they increased cost to buy scout player .. sneaky ..
    LV1: League
    LV2: League, CL, Cup
    LV3: League, 3rd in CL
    LV4: League, CL
    LV5: League, CL
    LV6: League
    LV7: League, 2nd in CL

What have you learned from last season?
    That I'll never make it past the preliminary round in the cup!
    Where did you place last season?
    3rd in league & 3rd in CL.
    What's your current level?
    Now level 20.
    What's your budget for this season?
    Enough to cover players wages and maybe bring in a few youngsters.
    Who do you want to replace?
    MR Spasic, just bought a 5 star 19 year old for 1 token
    What are your goals for this season?
    Qualify for CL & hopefully win the league

Lost my first league match and won the 2nd. Drew the 1st CL group match!
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

Famous
    Last night was a very memorable night for my squad, as we unlocked the "bad habit" achievement as DMR/MR/AMR Gamboa spit on the opposing player in the 3rd minute of our opening league game. Then in vintage top eleven fashion, we went on to post a resounding 10:0 victory.

This morning Gamboa redeemed himself with the game winning goal in the 78th minute of our cup match, for a hard fought 2:1 victory!

Champions league began with a 1:1 draw!

Got some work to do to improve this roster in the coming days! Priority is upon power training my new 24 token youth academy grad. This time they gave me a striker and I've haven't had a 24 token grad bust on me yet. Fingers crossed this won't be the first time!
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Cat Harrison likes this.

Pro
    What have I learned from last season?
    That it is a totally random game. As somebody mentioned it is more about the form then about the quality. I learned that it is possible for 8 players to loose their form drastically overnight (aka update) to go from 7-8 scores to 4-5 scores. Was doing well in the champions league and 2nd in the league at that point.

What did I achieve?
    Next round I was out of the champions league where I had the memorable game with 25 shots and 12 on goal to not score a single one. I ended up in the 8th place in the league. After loosing my forlast game against the bottom feeder with 2:0 I thought screw it. I put in all my replacements with no morale whatsoever. My quality dropped at least 5-10 points. Didn't insert a win bonus and I lost the game against the second of the league with only 1:0. What a complete BS.

What do I hope to learn in next season?
    More about the randomness of this game. The cup matches were lost against a player of a level higher. It happens. Again bad scores. First league match was a win and my scores went finally back to normal. Last game my star AML scored the first goal and scored again another 5 (solid 8-9 player first half of the former season).

I replaced my 3 MC to get better scores and I hope they will keep on getting the good scores.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Team Summary after 7 matches :- 21 GF and 2 GA , so far , so good , But i have lost the away fixture in Cup 1:0 , so i have to bounce back hardly tomorrow

Season 63 - Week 4-screenshot_223.jpg
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Level 6 Season 6

VIP
    First 4 days in the season...

Season 63 - Week 4-11.png

Season 63 - Week 4-12.png

Season 63 - Week 4-13.png

Season 63 - Week 4-14.png
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast