Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Pikachu FC
  • 2 Post By Qambu Yaasi
  • 2 Post By Pikachu FC

Thread: Performance loss - New players / New formations

Performance loss - New players / New formations

Hi

We all know that new players in your starting 11 decreases the chance to score.

But how is it if you have a squad of players that have been with your team for a while, played a lot of games, and you change formation to a new one you havent used before? How much does that affect the outcome of performance?
    What is your experience?

Rookie
    Hi

Not sure about new players decreasing chance to score.. It seems totally random for me..
    Have great new players as well as very bad ones on the first few matches.

Over 18 seasons with my main team, I have changed formations a few times.. I usually do not change my formation to counter the other team, but rather, choose a mentality, whether it is defensive or attacking, and then choose the formation accordingly. I fount it is fine to change the formation to whichever formation you want as long as you know your players well.

If you have a formation and philosophy that you like, it is easier to replace the player rather than changing the whole thing.

If you are successful with that, I think you do not need to change much, but if you keep losing, then it is good to change the formation and strategy of your team.

My believe is "Why change it is working effectively?"
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Thx for your input.
    But its a fact that a lot of new players in your starting 11 effects the scoring chances. You might have a big possession of the ball, shoot a lot, but every shot is blocked or missed. " X shoots but xyz got his foot on the ball..." (just an example).
    This is no problem, i think that is actually a real good feature, it force you to let your players play a couple of games in your club to "feel at home" in your team. Just like reality.
    (and again, this is a fact, and have been discussed in several threads before)

But my question is how other guys out there experienced the fact of changing formation into a new one.
    For example, i have players with skills in multiple positions (they can play MC or DMC for example), and i chose to go from 4-3N-3 to 4-1-2-3 with exactly the same players... for the first time. (after a couple of matches in this formation they should be good at that too of course).

Do you guys have any comments on this?

What is more negative, a new formation or new players? The same effects or different?

My belief is that for some odd programming reason, some new player or player will affect the other 10 either positively or negatively. SOmetimes U bring in a player to strengthen your already strong squad then suddenly some players start to perform badly. But once you bring back the old player, they get better.
    Cat Harrison and Gert Funck like this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Rookie
    Rocksweden - I changed my formation with the same players a couple of times to counter the other team's formation..
    Not sure but got really random results.. but generally not bad..

Qambu - I totally know what you mean. Actually it is true for real world teams too! I play in an indoor team and we were winning many games, dominantly, like 4 in a roll. Then on the next match we did not have enough players and got a fill in player.. Up until that game, we were only getting scored 2 or 3 goals.. then on that match, 4 same players and only 1 guy was different than previous matches. We lost pretty badly like 7-14. So changing one or two players in a squad of 11 can make the team lose balance for sure!
    Qambu Yaasi and Cat Harrison like this.