Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Some players have no honour

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

Betrayed by a "friend"

Playing with my second team, previous season I had a friend request from a guy. I accepted it and as it is known, this season the draw put us together in the same league.
    We have both very good teams and we are top dogs for the league

Some players have no honour-friend-against-me.jpg

so my "friend", in the second game of our league, was supporting my opponent.

Some players have no honour-friend-against-me-2.jpg

and he is continue doing it (of course I deactivate our "friendship" ).

Some players have no honour-friend-against-me-3.jpg

I didn't expect such a behavior from an experienced player (as you can see, he is an upper lv player who took a lower level team and starting from the beginning), and an older age too.

Really, did he believe that this 2% extra possession could help my opponent ?
    I think you can imagine how much I 'm expecting our between game in two days
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 03-03-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Probably your opponents are also his friends, because his friends are also likely grouped to your league.

I usually avoid attending matches between friends except one of the friend's team is abandoned, or one of the team is actually my alternate team.

I used to unfriend some friends in similar situation. But sometimes you may better be patient and take it easy.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I've had that happen. I usually just unfriend and ignore 'em. My husband was mad when it happened to him and he supported against the guy the rest of the season. And finished above him. Best revenge, that.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is it really a matter of honour of just the use of the friend system for something else? Is there any less honour in doing this than using your sub slots for 1* Cup ringers in your t14? I don't like it either but who am I to dictate to others

Happened to me more than once - but one guy that I unfriended in lvl 3 even got added back later, and is still in my friends list and supports me. Unfortunately, he failed to promote around S8 or so. He simply had decided at the time that supporting against me in a 2-horse race was part of the game and probably expected me to do the same. And I realised too later that I was just taking the huff over nothing.

Last season too I got requests from 3 teams who were obviously my rivals alts - so I rejected. This season when we had different leagues he made the same requests again - I accepted them all and he supports me and it even turned out that the lvl 12 team is an alt and I got a fb friend request from his main - so now I have a new lvl 36 friend

Sometimes through rivalry grows friendship - but I'm pretty sure that if we (his alt) get the same league next season 'all bets will be off' >.<. >.<

Addicted
    I know this guy , we are both French players and were both on a facebook group called " top eleven groupe français "

He is an admin of this fb group , and i leave this group two seasons ago because i don't like him at all , and i'm not amazing about his behavior ...

If i was you , i'll do the same thing he did for you ! as we say in Fench : " oeil pour oeil , dent pour dent "

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    Probably your opponents are also his friends, because his friends are also likely grouped to your league.
    That is possible, but in such case he shouldn't support any of jis friends. I don't support one friend against other.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Ex top eleven player

I have a collection of Bulgarian fans supporting... too happened to me this situation and is really...... LOL
    ohh yea I have the power to dominate the world with a 2% possession I'm feel ultrasupermegahyperpowerful lol

Use 361 formation with 6 playmaker SA players and you don't need to worry about ball possession
    Ex top eleven player

Rookie
    People use the term friends very lightly these days.

In my opinion its a matter of perspective, I mean, is someone really a friend just because he's on your friendlist?
    Or is it just someone you know vaguely or have something in common with.

I generally am pretty picky whom I add on my T11 friendlist for example, mostly are collegaes or real-live friends. Also a few managers who share the same ideology(powertraining, thinking out of the box with formations, stuff like that)

I only support all , if i happen to be logged in and their match is playing.
    Other than that I don't vote against players in my league, I believe that is only a set up for back-fire.....imagine pissing a few competitors off and have them all NOT support you, on a regular bases.......Some might even take it personal and aim to make it their mission to try ruin your efforts as much as they can, preferably with the help of their buddies lol.

At the end of the day though, this is a game, when I play, I like to play to win. At least do my very best to do so. Without cheating or other ignorant methods offcourse. So I dont cut deals, dont go easy on who ever, as I dont expect others to do same.

May the best win
    Buffs Mad and nikolgiorgos like this.

Rookie
    As for eye for an eye.............they also say if that would be so, we would soon live in the world of blinds...
    Just focus on things that matter, and ignore stuff that doesnt...... life's too short for bs.
    Buffs Mad and nikolgiorgos like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast