Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree762Likes

Thread: Season 64

Out of the cup with all 3 teams.
    Season could be boring because Celtic now looks after only league trophy, other 2 teams are in CL because they were league champions.
    Buffs Mad and Cat Harrison like this.
    Ex top eleven player

Won 2nd leg of cup 2-0 so thru 3-1 agg
    Gert Funck and Buffs Mad like this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

I won first leg out 1-3. So a walkover at home, but I almost blew it. I was at the edge of my seat the last minutes

Season 64-crises.png

I am through, No sweat

VIP
    Season 64-celtic3.png

8-2 aggregate... Rice - 2 goals from distance, Chalmers - 2 headers from corner and FK for his first ever rating 9, Gomes - 3 assists, Paton - goal after tiki-taka with Gomes...

Season 64-6.jpg
    Season 64-7.jpg

Addicted
    What have you learned from last season?
    To try and not be a 'stroppy' (to put it nicely) bugger and go on a half season exile when struggling for some reason (case in point, I played against an illegal formation, battered them from pillar to post, could only score one goal, their best player has a random shot in the 89th minute to draw 1-1. Said team wins one more match all season to finish with 4 points).

Where did you place last season?
    8th, which was a mixture of embarrassing and 'how did that happen?', considering I had the third best goals for and goals against records.

What's your current level?
    1 as I've only recently got back into it and the first season I was pretty much 'Blackpooled' in that I was cast adrift at the bottom by about 10 points when I first started.

What is your budget for this season?
    Began at around £7m following the Harry Redknapp school of wheeling and dealing free agents and flogging them for money. Bought two young 5* Q24 18yo that are a couple of skill points away from 6* and one 5* Q24 20yo that is also close to 6*. Left me with about £1.5m afterwards but more free agent wheeling and dealing has seen the budget increase to £4m.

Who do you want to replace
    The team is very strong overall as it is, but I would like to look at getting an ML, MR and DR as these are weaker areas in the first team, but the back up for them is worse than others at present. If I can buy the three, my squad will be very close to 5* and 6* quality all over.

What are your goals for this season?
    Level up by winning the league and see if I can cause some cup upsets as well (I am competing with teams at level 4 on average and have beaten one of them as it is).

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    Im lucky if I pass the preliminary round
    Again I fail to do so.. eh.. whatever, I think my team is allergic to Cup.

Can't wait to see my League, though. CL Group has one strong team and the others not so much.
    Kylos, reddeviljohn and Buffs Mad like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Famous
    Our defense of the triple crown ended as we crashed out of the cup with an abyssal performance with 5 starters getting below a "7" rating in a 3:1 loss...

This loss might be on the manager, who decided not to max morale of all starters prior to the match.

Edit (league draw): I have a T11 friend whom won the champions league but didn't promote last season. I'm drawn with him and it looks like he brought the tanker contingent with him; 6 teams that didn't promote last season have 5 star players starting at every position (or almost every position) This isn't going to be easy!

Champions: Fair draw. Group has one team that looks ok, but no one elite. Doesn't look like any of the server heavyweights are drawn in the champions league with us this time.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 03-10-2015 at 02:00 AM.
    Cat Harrison and Buffs Mad like this.

The top 7 in my league, last time (including me), we are all together again this time. However, the team that finished 8th last time, is also with us. Its almost de ja vu.
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    The Q of the teams in my league varies from 130 to almost 140. (BvB's at 133.)

I'm glad I'm on a populous server, I don't have any repeats this season, but I did get two friends that I played only vs. in CL before. Should be fun.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Famous
    Additional notes after day 2

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    What have you learned from last season?
    * With careful financial control and good luck for getting a free agent for selling, the team can be strengthened and profitable at Level 19 without investment or token farming.
    * Early Day 1 observation 1: A Cup match can be arranged during the Season Day 1 server maintenance time. I have no chance to adjust formation or attend the match
    * Early Day 1 observation 2: My players’ conditions are supposed to be similar today (within 5 condition points). As I check this on day 1, I found that the conditions of the players including those who were not involved in the match, largely varies.
    * I always know, but now really feel that 22-24 years old players' training efficiency can be dropped dramatically in new season.

Who do you want to replace?
    L12 – As usual, gradually replacing 4* players with 5* players. Preferred a MC first because there are only 3 in roster. Also need to re-sign 3 players on day 2 to get 3 year contract.
    L20 – Right winger and right defender. There are only 2 right flank players in roster.

L12 - Similar to last season, at this level, the transfer market is not too difficult even on day 1 & 2. We brought 12 new players with about 20 tokens through auctions. This is far ahead of my original schedule.

L20 - The transfer market is difficult. After trying hard to solve problem of shortage of right flank players, I got a right winger. Now I am patient again. But we have already spent 10 tokens. The team now have full squad including one academy young player for sale. As the team has already eliminated in Cup, it will downsize a little bit

What are your goals for this season?
    L12
    * As usual, winning league & CL. It is becoming more & more difficult. The team has similar relative quality in terms of stars as last seasons. But the players are older.
    L20
    * financial control is main objective.
    * Early goal is top 4 in leauge. Adjusting according to the leaguemates.
    * For CL, top 8 will be satisfactory. For Cup, compete as far as possible but not lose too much cash
    L12
    * No change.
    * As of early day 3, 3 teams including my teams are the strongest.

L20
    * No change.
    * I am excited that keen competition is expected in league. At early day 3, other than 3 stronger teams and 2 weaker teams, the qualities of the teams including mine are quite close.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 03-10-2015 at 05:13 AM.
    Buffs Mad and Cat Harrison like this.

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast