Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree762Likes

Thread: Season 64

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
    Nah, got free shirt only, but I don't mind, that was 5-10 minutes job...

Can't remember any Leeds two-toned band shirt from 70s, but did you mean this Coventry shirt?

Attachment 39926
    Can't find it either but I'm sure there was one in the style of the Coventry, Dundee and Wales ones in the attached 'Admiral' shirts.

True Colours Football Kits » The Kit Cupboard Special – Admiral in the 70s

Doesn't look great now but they were very funky and new at the time - I had a leeds White one with yellow and blue on it - alongside my old Gunners 1 because I thought I looked like Charlie George

Maybe its just my memory playing tricks with the leeds one - probably was 2 stripes on sleeves I had - and I'm thinking of coventry with those chest bands.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 03-10-2015 at 03:24 PM.

VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Can't find it either but I'm sure there was one in the style of the Coventry, Dundee and Wales ones in the attached 'Admiral' shirts.

True Colours Football Kits » The Kit Cupboard Special – Admiral in the 70s

Doesn't look great now but they were very funky and new at the time - I had a leeds White one with yellow and blue on it - alongside my old Gunners 1 because I thought I looked like Charlie George

Maybe its just my memory playing tricks with the leeds one - probably was 2 stripes on sleeves I had - and I'm thinking of coventry with those chest bands.
    I liked Celtic CL kit from few years ago, white with two-toned green and gold (yellow) band on the left side...

Season 64-celtic_2006-2008-euro-change.gif
    Buffs Mad, t11_fan and Kylos like this.

Yeah Wolfie. I still remember the days when Celtic had numbers on their shorts only (or did I dream that too >.<). Those were the days when I actually supported Celtic - the days when you couldn't move at Parkhead and then the official attendance was announced at 20,000 >.<

But then they sold Dalglish and peer-pressure got to me too (after the occasional kicking) and I jumped the divide.

There was a nice version of the classic Rangers home strip (long sleeved) with 3 thin hoops on each arm which I liked too.

The round necked Munich shirts with 3 stripes on the sleeves is still a classic for me and at the time when I first saw it oozed 'Continental Cool' in its simplicity

Edit: Oops, for the on'topic police.......Buffs FC win 3-1 at home as they struggle against an abandoned team in CL. (It was going so badly that I'm actually quite pleased with the win.)
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 03-10-2015 at 04:15 PM.
    munchen and Cat Harrison like this.

After 4 matches this season we are still yet to win a match.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

VIP
    Season 64-celtic7.png

These double corners will kill my nerves one day... Last minute winner, thanks to Troll, God of Random and McConnell's composure...

Season 64-9.jpg

After 17 injuries in each of first two seasons, it started with the same tempo today...

Season 64-9a.png
    Season 64-9b.png
    Buffs Mad likes this.

ohhh just when I saw a post of spam where to post a beautiful song ..the post is deleted... LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvM7av1o1Q

VIP
    Season 64-fkp2.png

What to say... Left winger between posts, 5 feet and a strawberry tall, 5 saves, rating 8...

Season 64-1.jpg
    Season 64-2.jpg
    Season 64-3.jpg
    Season 64-4.jpg
    khris likes this.

The Buffs start their league campaign with a 5-0 win away to sit top.

Atm the goals are coming from midfield and defence. Emergency signing Notyet Named, an either footed AML/AMC/AMR made a good start at ML with an 8 rating and 1 goal. Top scorer and MVP, Denis Law has had a strange start to the Season with 0 goals and 4 assists - 3 in this match. So Buffs Mad hauled him off for being shot-shy on 68th min and DR Alan Hutton took over FK duties and sloted 1 home after 69 mins.

VIP
    Season 64-butd7.png

2-0 victory, away in Moldova... Substitute Jim "Highlander" Ramsay scored a screamer to give us upper hand in 68th minute and Francicso "Lightning" Muñoz scored a header after corner taken by Edgar "Tasmanian Devil" Ráez to secure victory in 86th minute...

Season 64-15.jpg
    Season 64-16.jpg

VIP
    Season 64-butdmini.png

Malaysian defender Mat Nor left the club joining English side LEEDS UNITED... Slow progressing nordgen who failed to impress in first 3 seasons, suddenly had very good the last season...

Season 64-17.png
    reddeviljohn and Buffs Mad like this.

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast