Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree867Likes

Thread: Season 65

VIP
    First fecking training, first click...

Season 65-16.png
    Buffs Mad and Gert Funck like this.

Bali United ZAFT Welcomes New Season

Bali United ZAFT, last season's Champions in League Level 4, began their adventure in Level 5 with a home match against Turkey's Mustafa FC in Bali. The Indonesian outfit looked the favorites to progress, with the additions of Sumeragi Lee Noriega, Lennon Takeo, Yuna Oshiro, as well as the ever dangerous Aila Jyrkiäinen, Nicklas Bendtner and Karin Kikuhara, not to mention club legend Onja Batsukh. Le Minh Thao, Le Huu Hoang Anh, Minyu Wu, and Harry Kane are retained from last season, whilst youngsters Namfah Yui-lue and Shizuha Doi commandeers the defense with Ali al-Saachez, Zechs Merquise, and experienced defender Handoyo Hendrawidjaja. Kira Yamato and Tran Ngo Thuy Trang are the attacking players of the team from the flanks, whilst Nguyen Phuc Khanh Linh guards the right flank. GK alternates between Aishwarya Kansakar and Fabian Delano Kurnia, as usual.

Season 65-untitled-1.jpg

Before our cup match, we had one friendly against last season's league opponents, Zerjon United. We ran out comfortable 11-0 winners with new signing Takeo scoring a whopping 6.

Season 65-untitled-2.jpg

The Tridatu Soldiers played their first match of the season against Mustafa FC at home, and barely 10 minutes into the game Jyrkiäinen scored to make it 1-0 that lasted until HT. In the 2nd half we were once more on the offensive, and Yuna scores to increase the lead by two. Bali United's new captain Sumeragi Lee Noriega makes it 3-0, before Mustafa pulls one back thanks to a header from defender Gomes. Kira "Jesus" Yamato, however, had other ideas. His header late in the game made it 4-1, thus allowing Bali United to hold a reasonable advantage going into the 2nd leg.

Season 65-untitled-3.jpg

The return leg however, was much more tougher. Realizing that they must climb a huge mountain in order to progress, Mustafa purchased several new players, increasing their quality from 34 to 36. We, however, are undeterred. The 2nd leg in Antalya was an exciting affair - Nguyen "Two" Phuc Khanh Linh makes it 1-0 and 5-1 on aggregate, before the hosts fired two quick goals from Christoph and Pourjaneki. With the scoreline 2-1 and 3-6 on aggregate, it looks like Bali United are going through but they're also going to lose at the same time. Enter Captain Lee Noriega. His late strike brought the game level to 2-2, and sealed our ticket into the qualifying rounds with a 4-6 aggregate!

Season 65-untitled-4.jpg

The next day, Bali United ZAFT made their 2nd appearance in the Kickoff Champions League as they took on Uten FC of Italy. The Tridatu Soldiers won comfortably by six goals to nil, thanks to a brace from Jesus Yamato and Lord Bendtner, with Captain Lee Noriega and Tran Ngo "Chan" Thuy Trang scoring as well. Sadly GK Aishwarya Kansakar got injured in the opening minutes of the match - thankfully Fabian Delano Kurnia managed to keep a clean sheet. After the match, Bali United announced their final signing of the first half of the season, with defender Shinn Asuka joining the team to cover for Two in the DR position.

Season 65-untitled-5.jpg

Our opening day in the league saw Bali United travel to Germany to take on Dortmund. As expected the favorites Bali United ZAFT steamrollered their opponents 4-0, in a match packed with drama. Captain Lee Noriega makes it 1-0 after 4 minutes, before Lennon got booked in the 25th minute for a foul that caused the injury of Dortmund's Adur. Later on the 33rd minute Tagliani fouled Jyrkiäinen in the box, earning Bali United a penalty, which Captain Lee Noriega coldly executes to make it 2-0. The 2nd half opened with drama as Dortmund's Barbosa injured Chan, and got sent off for his foul and his "racist" remarks on the assistant referee. Jesus Yamato made no mistakes from the ensuing FK to make it 3-0. New signing Shinn Asuka capped off the victory by volleying in an assist from al-Saachez.

Season 65-untitled-6.jpg

Day 2 of the league saw Bali United ZAFT play in front of their faithful supporters in Denpasar as they took on M150 FC of Thailand. The two teams are joint top of the table, with the latter claiming first place due to goal difference. I played a rather weakened side since we have an important cup match coming right up, with Jyrkiäinen, Captain Lee Noriega, Asuka, and al-Saachez benched, and Handoyo, Lord Bendtner, Minyu "Sakina" Wu, and Le Huu "Largo" Hoang Anh playing. The away team's solid defense was a trouble for Bali United, but Sakina broke the deadlock three minutes before HT, giving the home side the all important lead. On the 2nd half I decided to introduce Captain Lee Noriega, Jyrkiäinen, and al-Saachez, replacing Largo, Lord Bendtner, and Zechs Merquise. It was a substitution that paid off - Captain Lee Noriega scored on the 84th minute to make it 3-0, after Jesus Yamato executed another perfect FK to make it 2-0 on the 66th. Finally Jesus Yamato completed his brace three minutes from time - ending the match in a 4-0 victory, and ensuring the top is ours for the taking. Drama also erupted in this match as the referee sent off M150's Kasaeak and Hoult, and Lennon was injured after a foul from Munninopamas. The red packs had to come to the rescue, with an important cup match coming up and with Chan still out of comission.

Season 65-untitled-7.jpg

The all important qualifying cup match came, and Bali United found themselves as severe underdogs as they took on Arezzo FC of Italy. Make no mistake - even though this is a 3rd level team, their quality exceeds Bali United's, with their 36 against the Tridatu Soldiers' 35. Before you know it, an exciting match ensues - a mistake from Namfah "Fahfee" Yui-lue enabled Amri to open the scoreline for the away team, forcing me to make some changes in the 2nd half. The defensive 4-1-3-2 was ditched for a more offensive 3-1-4-2, with Asuka covering Fahfee's position as DC as the latter's mistake proves too costly for him to be retained. Lennon and Jesus Yamato entered the fray on the wings. And on the 63rd minute, the breakthrough came. Jyrkiäinen with the assist and Captain Lee Noriega scored in 7 official games in a row to make it 1-1. But then drama broke out - Vivinci decided that Captain Lee Noriega is too dangerous to be retained and fouled him, causing the Captain to be stretchered off from the field - an injury that horrifies the Semeton Dewata faithful, and also forces me to put in former captain Le Minh Thao, who thankfully put up a decent performance compared to his woeful one against Uten FC. The worse thing is, Vivinci's not even booked for that offense! Jesus Yamato also floundered the ensuing FK. As the match draws to an end, even more drama broke out as Lord Bendtner fouled Arezzo's Sadiq, earning the away side an FK. Fabian Delano Kurnia saved the FK, but the ball went out for a corner. And then tragedy struck - Sakina got sent off for handling the ball with his hand in the penalty box! The ref gave Arezzo a penalty kick, which Park executes...but Delano Kurnia saves, much to the jubilation of the Semeton Dewata faithful! The match ended 1-1, and the red packs came to the rescue again for Lee Noriega - the loss of Sakina is too much for the midfield for the return match. A tough one indeed!

Season 65-untitled-8.jpg

Think might going to let the Cup go after reaching the QF stage two seasons in a row

League: Shock Shock Horror Horror....

The Buffs slump to a defeat at home, losing 2-1. Buffs Mad missed the match, he's rarely there for the shocks.

Stats not that different except for opponents CKs and saves. Ratings not that bad but poor showing in the centre at MC and DMC produce 6s and new right winger Ryan Gauld seemed lost out there - 5 (we should've kept him for the Cup and CL until ready). Young Jack Harper scored the Buffs only goal.

VIP
    Season 65-celtic8.png

Unexpected, unexpectedly high away victory in the League...

Season 65-1.jpg
    Season 65-2.png
    Season 65-3.jpg
    Buffs Mad, cookizzz and Gert Funck like this.

---- this game...

We only beaten Boubacar FC 1-0 when we should win bigger. The game also decided to take out Deyes and Hughes, as well as in the earlier Cup game, where Oscar out for 5 days. All healed.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Rookie
    What have you learned from last season?

A new 3-2-2-1-2 formation. Made me almost invincible.

Where did you place last season?

League - 1st place winner (undefeated)
    Cup - playoffs
    CL - Had not qualified

What's your current level?

Level 11

What's your budget for this season?

150 mn

Who do you want to replace?

None.... have a 5 star team

What are your goals for this season?

Enjoy the game and win as many games as possible.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    What are your goals for this season?
    L21 – League Top3, CL Top 4, Cup Top16
    L13 – League & CL:1st, Cup: Top16
    For both my teams, average qualities are the highest ever in terms of stars at season beginning. So, sadly winning Cup is an even more target.

Day 3
    The teams drawn to same league seems to be closer in quality. For my L13 Team, I noticed that for both league & CL all the teams' average qualities are between 79 and 82 except one league team (about 71) and one CL team (about 75). Both competitions are expected to be tough but interesting. For my L21 Team, the league teams' average qualities are ranged from 118 to 121 except one team which is just very slightly lower (about 117). It will be even tougher. In CL, my L21 team is higher in qualities, the opponents' average qualities ranges from 115 to 117. But this not necessary means the game will be easier as average qualities do not fully reflect strength and some teams may some new academy players.
    Day4
    After 2 league matches, both my team have not yet got 1st league victory. In CL, only L21 Team can win. The results were unsatisfactory even I predicted that these competitions will be tough.

L21 Team:
    - League - 1 points in 2 matches. CL - 1 victory Cup - won 2-0 in away match in qualifying round
    - The team's performance is not bad. No big change in roster is required. The transfer market is still difficult as forever. So I am patient on transfer as usual. My team can use 1 more defender. MC is position with priority to upgrade. Other than these, DL, ST and AML/ML can also be upgraded.

L13 Team
    - League - 0 points in 2 matches. CL - 1 draw. Cup - eliminated in preliminary round in ET.
    - In this season, the league and CL opponents are generally far stronger than I expected. But there is no obvious standing out team. So these competitions are very interesting. The season goals will be difficult to achieve but has no change at this moments.
    - In last few matches, most players are not consistent but there is no obvious bad performer. The defenders' match ratings are relatively worse. Some of them are slightly below average in training efficiencies (in this team). So I will try to upgrade some of them. In wing position, there are two 24-25 years old slow training players. But they has been important scorers of the team and these positions are difficult to replace. So I will keep them until a good replacement player will be acquired. The left winger has sign of dropping in form. So I will pay more attention on players in this position in market.
    Steppenwolf likes this.

Cup: Buffs FC scrape by for a 2-1 away win in a match that should've been a walk in the Park.

23 yo DC/DMC Alan Hansen has found his form again since last Season's slump and headed the Buffs in front on 44 mins from a Robertson CK - his 3rd goal in 3 Cup matches and another 8 rating.

18 yo Nordgen Ryan Gauld is not quite setting the heather alight with 2 shots and a dribble thwarted in the first half - replaced by Willie Henderson at HT.

The home side pulled one back on the 64th minute mark.

On 81 minutes Hansen at DMC came off and on went MC Liam Henderson to change to 4-3N-2W-1 and he scored in a fine solo counterattacking move with 1 minute left on the clock.

All 7s and 8s for the Buffs in the ratings but they're just not firing on all cylinders up front yet......again

draw 2-2 to an inferierer team damn

come on, nobody want this great winger?

Season 65-sell.jpg
    Buffs Mad likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Okay i'm new to these forums but i'll start off with my season so far

What have you learned from last season? Not to underestimate my team!
    Where did you place last season? 3rd

What's your current level? 9
    What's your budget for this season? 138m
    Who do you want to replace? My wingers and some bench players
    What are your goals for this season? Mid table and make it out of the champions league group stage.

Squad - Firstly you should know every player i get or plan on keeping i rename to an Italian lol, also this is my current squad not from day 1 of the season.

Last season i overcame a horror start to somehow finish in a champions league place, so i had the feeling i'd be in for a tough season this time around. Also for the first time ever i made it to the cup final but lost!

Day 1 - Drew 1-1 in the cup away from home with Cossu giving us the lead 33 minutes in before being held to a draw from their 41st minute equalizer.

Day 2 - Lost 0-1 at home in the return leg of the cup! Gutted a 53rd minute winner for them to knock us out in the earliest possible round after nearly going all the way last season...

Day 3 - Champions League game 1 - Against a much stronger side and i managed to win 1-3 away from home! Sau, Baggio and Pirlo all scored for us to secure possibly 3 vital points despite only have 4 shots on target!
    League game 1 - We won 1-5 away from home another great win, Baggio with a brace while Sau, Marchisio & Berardi also scored to get us off to a nice start in the league.

Our first signing of the season is Thiago Motta who shall be an extra help in the much needed midfield depth

Day 4 - League game 2 - Our first game at home and we win easily 2-0 against a slightly weaker team, Marchisio with both the goals un assisted.
    Last edited by NatashaMilan; 04-08-2015 at 04:38 PM.
    Buffs Mad and nikolgiorgos like this.

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast