Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree867Likes

Thread: Season 65

I think July Fourth are in the CL Final, We won our first leg 6-0 with both Delvalle & Papaleo hitting a hat-trick each.

Boca Juniors won 4-2 at home.

In the Cup we go into the second leg away holding a 3-1 advantage.
    Buffs Mad and Bluebird Hewitt like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Champions League: No surprises here ladies and gentlemen. Even though we managed to hold Crazy Rider FC at their own fortress at bay for the most of the match, a 90th minute goal gave the victory to the home side. A slim advantage, but we'll see if my men can turn this around (apparently mirroring the opponent's formation worked like a charm, the opposition only won because the manager was there and my GK got a 3. A freaking 3.)

Season 65-image.jpg

Dunno why but even in full morale and condition, both of my GKs are performing poorly. Should I buy a THIRD GK for my team?

Next up is a league match away to BINTANG FC, who, thanks to the manager's sudden decision to came back, just came back from a major shopping spree and emerged as the league's second strongest team. Won't be watching the match though due to classes.
    Buffs Mad and nikolgiorgos like this.

qualified to Cup Final, the 1st time from 12 season. I won't miss it out

League : still in top 4 pt better than 2nd but the last 3 games will decide the season
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Today United had a good result in the league
    Season 65-today.jpg
    Hamid: You' the man

Season 65-ratings.png
    My keeper took a power nap and got a 6
    coulbury although no goals consided played awfull and got 5 Thats some kind of achievement right there

A little breath room in league
    Season 65-standing.png
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 04-28-2015 at 03:33 PM.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Famous
    Nerdgasm from me
    --> http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...tml#post338665

i did it! IN cup semis: from 1-3 i won 4-1 at away go for final against an another upper tier team (gonna be really hard, he is really strong)!
    tomorrow will be a semi-hard game for CL final too! playing home from 0-1
    and my league is easy i won it already 22-0-0

Catch-up

The Buffs feel like a ruderless ship atm with the supporters' groups holding Sack the Board and Sack the Manager protests.

League (yesterday): The tie against 2nd represented an immediate opportunity to stop the rot. It was a tense tight affair with the home side going ahead in 2 mins but the Buffs came back for a 1-1 draw. The opposition slip to 3rd and remain 4pts behind but the Buffs lead is now cut to 2pts to 2nd. Buffs Mad was not that impressed.

League: Buffs FC welcome 8th to the crumbling fortress of Abbey Park. Should've been a routine win and it was - 4-0. Still 2pts ahead of 2nd but 3rd draw again and fall to 6pts behind. 2nd and 3rd meet in 2 days time. No more than expected.

****ty Cup, the god-damned crappy Cup: In the words of Rolf Harris "Can you tell what it is yet?" >.<

The Buffs crash out of the Cup, again, with a 1-0 loss away. The Buffs created chances, again, as in the first leg (1-1) but just couldn't convert them. The only goal of the match came courtesy of a counterattack on 90 mins - as the Buffs pressed harder, desperate for that elusive goal. But it was not that concession that hurt but the lack of a finish before then. Although the Buffs offered more threat again his GK and DC 'last line' proved up to the task.

PS. I had ignored his friends request until now but accepted it after the match.

Next time? Grrrrr.

Now in the CL tomorrow we have to win by 2 or more clear goals - and confidence has sapped from the management team.

League: Bali United ZAFT and conceding late goals, still a better love story than Twilight

Yet another 90th minute goal denied us victory, this time in the league away to BINTANG FC. Dede Mahelli's late goal canceled out two goals from Lord Bendtner and Karin Kikuhara, forcing us to leave the promotion chasers' home ground with only one point. Fabian Delano Kurnia the man to blame for the draw as he got another 4 in the ratings.

Season 65-image.jpg

Victory for 2nd placed Imron FC means that we are only separated by ONE point in the standings, a fragile position indeed. Luckily for us we have a stretch of 3 easy ties ahead of us, facing a bot team and two abandoned ones. Imron FC got themselves a slightly more difficult stretch ahead of them - after taking on abandoned merangin fc and bot team M150 FC, they will face Champions League chasers Dortmund. If we and Imron FC gained 9 points from those 3 matches, the title will be decided on the final day as we play Imron FC away.

The board of directors held an emergency meeting earlier today, considering that both Aishwarya Kansakar and Fabian Delano Kurnia has been disappointing when given their chances, it has been decided that Bali United ZAFT will have to buy a 3rd GK, hopefully to replace Kansakar as he will be 31 next season.

Season 65-image.jpg

Pinoy goalie Cagalli Yula Athha will wear the no. 71 jersey for this season with hopes that he will take over no. 1 next season, and at 20 years of age he's still got a long way ahead of him. With both Kansakar and Delano Kurnia coughing up 5s, 4s, and 3s in the ratings, it's up to Yula Athha to safeguard our goal in the next set of matches. Tomorrow we will travel to Thailand to take on Man Red (a bot team) away, and Yula Athha is expected to make his debut underneath the posts.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Played today my 2nd leg away. Yes, my third final for the Cup
    Season 65-4-28-c-2nd-semi-away.jpg

The league is over and there is only one question. Will I get the 26-0-0
    Season 65-league-d22.jpg

knock on wood, no troll results at the moment, for this season
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 04-28-2015 at 04:01 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Cup: Eliminated today, following a 3:1 loss (7:2 aggregate). Goalkeeper was just plain bad, getting a 5. Getting a 3rd place trophy for the case isn't to shaby a consolation prize though.

League: Won 4:2 against 4th. Leaves us with only one difficult game left, against the team tied for 1st with us. Since we half the goal differential tie-breaker and softer remaining schedule (by far), a draw should be enough to secure 1st place.

Champions: hold a 2:1 advantage going into away leg. It's far from secure since opponent starts 10 scouts and both my 7* and 6* goalies can't be trusted to earn better than a "5" match rating. My wingers and strikers have been playing great though, as we've scored in all matches so far this season. I'm going to need them to continue to come up big tomorrow, since Its pretty much a guarantee that we'll suffer another goal keeping gaffe!!!
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 04-28-2015 at 05:46 PM.
    nikolgiorgos and Buffs Mad like this.

A little catch up for Olympique Rouen.

Going into round 22 of the league OR is 7 points clear atop the league with a record of 19-1-1. Clinching their 3rd league title in 4 years is almost assured having lost only one league game in the past 2 seasons.

More critical is the teams chase of it's first Champions League title and a 3rd straight finals appearance. The first leg of the all French tie finished 3-3 on the road against the underdog opponent. Going home with 3 road goals is not a bad proposition. While OR works on their own advancement they also have one eye on the other semi final. In that contest the two teams are separated by a full 2 star avg and yet the first leg finished 1-1 at the home of the very clear favorite. The Hungarian favorites are very similar to OR's semi final opponent which is slightly less than 1* below on avg. The difference between facing a 37.4Q side and a 27.1Q Chinese side could make for a much less tense final but all bets are off in the CL.

Of course most will remember that OR was eliminated from the Cup in the playoff round so the continuing chase for the elusive treble will have to wait at least another season. Olympique Rouen will likely finish with either 5 or 6 major trophies in their first 4 seasons of existence including a pair of T11 Cup titles.

Today sees rounds 22 (2150 GMT (5-0 win) and 23 (0400 GMT) of league play. Tomorrow will see the dramatic conclusion of the CL semi final at the Stade de Rouen at 2106 GMT.

As for the countdown to the league title the earliest that Les coqs gaulois can clinch the title would be after round 23 with two wins today and a loss for the 2nd place side or 4/30 if they win their next 3 regardless of other results. OR has already secured a top 3 finish and with a win in round 22 will make it officially a two team race at the top although the 2nd place side from Bangkok has already played OR twice and is the only team to have taken any points from the leaders this season.

As a side note should OR win the league it will mark the 2nd straight season they have led from wire to wire having now been on top of the league standings for 48 rounds running.
    Last edited by David Grizzle; 04-28-2015 at 07:09 PM.
    Buffs Mad and nikolgiorgos like this.

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast