Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Staggy Stagg
  • 1 Post By Staggy Stagg

Thread: Cup or planning?

Cup or planning?

Here is the way I look at it: We have all asked T11 to give us a day or two at the beginning of each season to set the team in order, plan new players and train. They did not listen (nothing new). Which leaves me with one option. The two first games (2 days) are cup games and the cup is the least valuable tournament of the three. It is also the most grueling because the times so crazy as the competition is all over the world.

This season I lost the cup in the first 2 games. I am out and that is just fine with me. I was able to not focus on the cup and train and prepare my team for the other two competitions that bring in a LOT of money and are more fair and level. From now on, I will use the first two days of each season as training, buying and getting the team together. I will use the Cup games as exhibition games to tune up the team. If I progress, great. If not, I am fine with that.

Addicted
    Totally agree. I regard the cup as a bonus if I progress past the first round. Sometimes I am fortunate to come up against teams that are not ready and I may win but I do not take the cup competition seriously and concentrate on the league and CL (if lucky enough to qualify). In my opinion the cup is a joke.
    Gert Funck likes this.

Famous
    I adopt a similar strategy as yours. Team building is in higher priority at that time. But I do not support to have 2 day off because some managers seriously want to have match to play every day. It's not demanding to play one official match per day even if my roster is not intact.

In fact, some managers even suggest to arrange short competitions at these days. I feel fine with this. Those who do not concern can ignore this and wait for league and CL to start on day 3.

Edit:
    On leveling up, i found that Cup is even less worthy to put resource on because the prize is too low. So, I don't care about Cup result until I break into top 16 or top 8.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 04-08-2015 at 05:12 AM.

Addicted
    Totally agree with that cookizz. If I am lucky enough to get through to the last 16 I may start trying, if not I am not interested.
    cookizzz likes this.