Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: Season 66 - Week 4

Palace Casuals are through to the Quarter Finals of the Champions League after two tight games - thank goodness for two away goals...

Season 66 - Week 4-champs-hl-s22-t16-1.jpgSeason 66 - Week 4-champs-hl-s22-t16-2.jpg

Opponent put through a friend request after the second game - would be interested in meeting him again so accepted...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Famous
    My L22 team just suffered the 3rd consecutive losses in official matches, including 2 league matches. The lead may soon be reduced to 1 point. This is not surprising as the qualities of my starters are often clearly lowered than the league opponents. Reasons of poor performances includes goal drought of strikers in last 3 matches and choices of MC were greatly limited due to many injuries and suspensions. The forms of front court players are biggest concerns at this moment.

Generally, I like the players in this full squad team. But positions like GK, DC, MR are not really arranged for rotations. Some changes for short & long term are necessary. I am considering replacing a striker to seek for more goals in short term, upgrading young but slow training 4 star DL, and selling a GK, DC or DR to spare a player slot for academy players.

out of cup 3-3 on away goals after giving ourselves too much to do after 1st leg
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

CL (yesterday): Buffs FC do what's necessary in a 1-1 draw at home to progress 3-1 on agg.

'Resting' Striker Jack Harper came off the bench to plop a FK on MC Morrison's head for the equaliser. GK Craig Gordon was busy and gained pass marks, but didn't shine - 7. (!5 shots, 5 on target, 5 CKs, 0 FKs, 1 goal against + all the other stuff a GK does/deals with that isn't recorded.)

Note to Opposition Manager, again: Your 8* ST still needs a rest.

*Sneaky Edit*

Cup: Buffs FC win 2-0 at home in the Cup for a 6-1 aggregate. This match saw the Buffs Judicial Panel come off the Bench for a start: Forrest, MC, Anya AML; Maloney, AMR; Naismith, ST - all recording uninspiring 7s in the ratings.

DMC Alan Hansen marked his 250th game for the Buffs with the opener and the Magnum. It was one of those mazey, full pitch dribbles and finishes that (only) T11 DMCs do so well. >.< Obviously the Commentator didn't know what was coming as he twice exclaimed "He may go all the way" - as if there was any doubt.

Right and Left Wingers Gauld & Baxter came on for the last 15 mins - Baxter added the second 4 mins from time.

In the league later the Buffs welcome 3rd to Abbey Park.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 05-20-2015 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Added Cup

out of the cup, out of champion leauge, 2nd in the league. What a FREAKING season !!!
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Addicted
    Buffs, Alan Hansen is past it. Have you seen in on MOTD recently?
    But, I like your idea of renaming your players after your favourites. Must have a few tokens to spend, but, then that adds fun to the game. My team is Mansfield Town (English League div 2 and not doing well) so to rename my players will probably make them play worse.
    Buffs Mad and pcmacdaniel like this.

Mini update: Out of CL were sad.. aaarw

United needed to reedem them self, and they surly did exactly that:
    Season 66 - Week 4-league1.jpg
    Season 66 - Week 4-league2.png

I am just gonna Buff in a keeper rating

Season 66 - Week 4-keeper.png

guess thoose two saves were awfull
    Season 66 - Week 4-stats.png
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 05-20-2015 at 04:07 PM.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Quote Originally Posted by Staggy Stagg View Post
    Buffs, Alan Hansen is past it. Have you seen in on MOTD recently?
    But, I like your idea of renaming your players after your favourites. Must have a few tokens to spend, but, then that adds fun to the game. My team is Mansfield Town (English League div 2 and not doing well) so to rename my players will probably make them play worse.
    Yeah. Think it was Hansen that said "You can't win anything with kids." He was talking about the breakthrough of Scholes, the Nevilles, Beckham, Butt etc into Man Utd. >.<

I used to stick to the more traditional Scots favorites names (Bremner, Dalglish, McGrain, Souness etc), just lately I've started adding some current players and youngsters - got tired of seeing the same names

I got 3 points lead again in league after beating the 2nd 1-0 in a tight match, I had more chances on goal but his weren't any weaker or less threatening. It was the first match in over a week now that I play with my main squad players all well and ready to play.

More success for the Casuals, another Level 22 scalp in the Cup...

Season 66 - Week 4-cup-hl-s22-qf1.jpgSeason 66 - Week 4-cup-hl-s22-qf2.jpg

Lots of sweating after the second goal was scored - if Polis had scored they'd have won on Away Goals. The third goal was met with a great cheer!

Yet again the late, late booking has deprived me of a Fair Play red case...

...even more, 5 day injury for my Midfielder McCaul - first team injury since the League Round 6 match.

Just checked, Palace Casuals are the only Level 21 team left in the competition, the other three semi-finalists are Level 22.

Another record, only our second ever Cup Semi-Final...
    Last edited by talisman; 05-20-2015 at 08:18 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast