Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: Season 66 - Week 4

Addicted
    Sigh, this makes me feel sad.

I lost the CL final to a team I beat twice in group matches. Woke up at 2am to watch but had to face to a 0-1defeat.

The only good thing is another win in league which is my only trophy this season.

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    What a s**t game this is sometimes...

Attachment 46009Attachment 46010
    Buffs Mad likes this.

LOL I went to Port Vale after weeks...

Season 66 - Week 4-port-v-4-reds-t18.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    What a s**t game this is sometimes...

Attachment 46010
    three central defenders against two attacking wingers is really a risky tactic, even if you are the better team
    khris and Buffs Mad like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Rookie
    Another victory puts Rocket Hotspur within one game of an undefeated League season. 1-7 against 4th place today. Tomorrow we play against 2nd place with our record on the line. Hopefully we can continue our run of high scoring wins and finish off in style tomorrow.

Season 66 - Week 4-image.jpg

Our AMR, Gozalbo scored another hatrick today and also went top of the assists chart in the league, which means he leads all player rankings in the league this season, and he has 46 league goals in 42 league games for us.

Season 66 - Week 4-image.jpg

2 new youth players have come though yesterday as well. A 2* striker(which we don't really need) and a 4* DR, which will save money for the future, one of our DRs hasn't been performing well, although he is also a 4*, and my captain. He has been at the club since I started the game.

We have also sold one of our longest serving players, O'Connor, who has been in the club since day 1. He was a 3* striker but wasn't getting to play much as my other two strikers were a lot stronger than him, and he wasn't scoring any time he did play. Even though these guys are on,y in a game it was incredibly hard to sell him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    three central defenders against two attacking wingers is really a risky tactic, even if you are the better team
    Now again I have the oportunity to repeat my "mantra" about defenses of 3 LOL

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    The problem don't lies on that.
    The problem is a single DMC at the center is hard countered by a pair of AML+AMR. 5 rating is horrific, but it's not so much as the DMC's fault, but the formation is being countered with your weakness exposed but the opposing has none.

You need to be a bit lucky to win when your formation is hard-countered like that.
    However, even with this matching you can still use man-to-man marking to prevent your DMC from being sandwiched. The result could have been very different.
    Buffs Mad and Cat Harrison like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Amane Ito View Post
    " to prevent your DMC from being sandwiched"
    You made my day with these words LOL

Famous
    L22 Team

After affirming league champion, today my team won the bottom team with 2-1 in a close match. The bottom team has full starting lineup with 5 star players.
    Season 66 - Week 4-1matchlineup-bulldog.jpgSeason 66 - Week 4-1matchstat-bulldog.jpg

In this league, the average qualities of the teams are close. The goal difference per match is only ranged from about -1 to slightly higher than +1.
    Season 66 - Week 4-1table-bulldog.jpg

L14 Team

With 1 match remaining, to win the league champion, my team have to win and both 1st & 2nd place teams cannot win in the final matches.
    Season 66 - Week 4-1table-beauty.jpg
    Buffs Mad and Cat Harrison like this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Now again I have the oportunity to repeat my "mantra" about defenses of 3 LOL
    Do you not believe in a defensive 3? If so I'm interested to know why not.

I've played with defensive 3 most of this season except when bans or injuries or the opposition tactics may require a change. I've only conceded 9 league goals. I do play mostly with two DM though, when I have a back 3. If I have a back 4 I go to 1 DM, or sometimes none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieV14 View Post
    Do you not believe in a defensive 3? If so I'm interested to know why not.

I've played with defensive 3 most of this season except when bans or injuries or the opposition tactics may require a change. I've only conceded 9 league goals. I do play mostly with two DM though, when I have a back 3. If I have a back 4 I go to 1 DM, or sometimes none at all.
    During my 2 years here ve seen lot of people coming here with good teams and surprising results against, if I count all the times that this situaion happened and all times Ive said "ohh, look, again 3 defenders" probably is arround 30 times in 2 years LOL
    I belive in that 1st, are the players, thats the 1st under all.
    Then if I have to do a ranking of formations, the formations with 3 defenders are less stable and usually have more % of surprising result against despite better Q. because if a the players fail, formation chrashes.
    That's of course my personal viewpoint and my personal feeling about that, thats why I use always 4 defenders in a 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 (diamond).
    Everyone have to play with what he feels that is the beteter because nobody knows how the game works really LOL

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast