Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: Season 66 - Week 4

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    League: And all the talk of the Buffs charge up the league produces the *jinx* (knew it was a mistake ).

1-1 draw with 13th - 88th minute equaliser by Aiyma Trohl >.< Bit of a 'nothing' performance as everyone rates 7 except AMR Ryan Gauld who rates 9 for MoM after scoring and consistently passing & crossing only to see it all squandered.

Just not enough creativity or cutting edge.

So the Buffs slip back to 6 behind the leader *cries*

Better restart the charge.

"Steady the Buffs!"

Err, some pics.

Aww, you should have won

What about using a striker?
    Buffs Mad likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

After I've been away for a few days, I came back to find that I forgot my best and only ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ MC out of the formation because he was suspended in league. So, we played both quarter finals of CL and 2 games in league without him, which cost us going further in the CL.
    Lost in 1st leg 2-0, and drew in 2nd 2-2.
    Had no problems in league though as we won all matches I missed and still leading by 3 points difference (and a nice goal difference too )

At least I'm now free for the league

Oh my goodness, he did it again!!

Season 66 - Week 4-league-pr-s22-round-19a.jpg

2 goals and 2 assists...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayman View Post
    After I've been away for a few days, I came back to find that I forgot my best and only ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ MC out of the formation because he was suspended in league. So, we played both quarter finals of CL and 2 games in league without him, which cost us going further in the CL.
    Lost in 1st leg 2-0, and drew in 2nd 2-2.
    Had no problems in league though as we won all matches I missed and still leading by 3 points difference (and a nice goal difference too )

At least I'm now free for the league
    I faced similar situation before. We may even not know when the cup /CL match will play before drawing. However, in case start time of the 2nd match is close to finish time of first match, it may be lucky to have a player suspended and replaced with a player with better condition. Now I will make sure related backup player will be fit if I expect a starting player has large chance for suspension.
    Ayman likes this.

End of week 3, and the Palace Casuals status report...

League: Since losing the 1st place spot at the end of last week, the objective has been to keep up with the new leader and keep a larger goal difference. Apart from a 0-0 draw on the road, that has been achieved. 5 points down, but a 6 goal advantage on goal difference, Casuals are in great shape to take advantage of any slip ups that Dimitris happen to have (and we are praying for the Troll Fairy to visit him... ). Penultimate match of the season is at home vs No.1, so that could have a great bearing on the destination of the Championship trophy.

Season 66 - Week 4-s22-league-round-19.jpg

Champions League: Through to the Semi-Finals, and the next opponent is someone familiar (see No.9 in table above...). They have augmented their squad recently and we will need to pull something out of the hat to make up for the 0-0 draw referred to above.

Season 66 - Week 4-s22-champs-knockout.jpg

Cup: Again through to the Semi-Finals after adding two more Level 22 scalps to the honour roll. Now the last Level 21 team left in the competition, meeting a Level 22 team in the Semi, and destined to meet a far-East Level 22 team in the final should we get there, at their match time...

Season 66 - Week 4-s22-cup-knockout.jpg

Playing staff: Comparing the current list with the previous week, there have been a few changes, some peripheral/poorly performing players have left and a couple of new faces brought in. Andreas Graf has now had his last chance to improve and is on the transfer list, and his replacement already identified and purchased.

Season 66 - Week 4-player-stats.jpg

With all the goal scoring recently, the players with the biggest progression in that area are Catalin Neagu, Omar Hansen and Johan Shaqiri. Neagu and Hansen appear in the league top scorers, and Neagu is still in the top passers and top rated chart, although Hansen cannot be far off appearing in the latter after his recent double 9/10 rating plus MoM performances.

Season 66 - Week 4-league-top-scorers.jpgSeason 66 - Week 4-league-top-assists.jpgSeason 66 - Week 4-league-top-rated.jpg

More detail in the Palace Casuals Team Showcase thread....
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

AEPRE FC cruises to CL semis - a 5-0 aggregate win aganist FC Limon. In league, we beats Yusuf FC 3-2, while our rival Joseph FC defeated 3-0 away to FC Lepi - the gap is now increased to 9 points.
    Last edited by pnr8555; 05-23-2015 at 04:07 PM.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    @ reddeviljohn
    hey, rd John, did you pass many rounds with 1 goal difference or it's my idea ?

I dont even dare good result against my CL oppo at tonight after these happenings
    hey Gabez, I also have 1-2 troll results during a season but I used the idea and I 'm taking it as a "good luck" wish .
    If it 's (usually) happening in league, that means it 'll not repeated in CH.L. or Cup

@talisman
    2 goals and 2 assists...
    hey mate, what kind of player is that
    Is he a triple role scout/list player ?
    Do you use him also as defender or ML ? Is he good in all positions ?
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 05-23-2015 at 04:45 PM.
    Gert Funck and Gabez Teh like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    @talisman

hey mate, what kind of player is that
    Is he a triple role scout/list player ?
    Do you use him also as defender or ML ? Is he good in all positions ?
    At the beginning of the season I saw two triple role, quality 128 wingers in my Scout list and had two long-term, well-served but then low star wingers to replace. Seemed too good a chance to miss, despite the tokens needed. Hansen plays equally well in DML/ML/AML; Shaqiri (his opposite), plays well in MR/AMR but not so well in DMR, despite being a left-footer. I mainly use them in M or AM, but have been known to use them in DM when a defence-heavy away formation is needed. The number of goals they have between them from Hansen assisting Shaqiri or vice versa has made the season, plus Hansen's strike rate from free-kicks is great, as well. Hansen has just gone 7* and Shaqiri will do so in a couple of good matches...
    Last edited by talisman; 05-23-2015 at 04:57 PM.
    nikolgiorgos and Cat Harrison like this.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    What a crazy result for us...
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Well the season so far has gone surprisingly well. After being knocked out of cup in the first round, I was able to do well in league and CL. On paper, I am at least 2.0 better than any other team in my league, and I thought it would be a boring season. Far to the contrary though, I have gotten three very surprising draws at weaker opposition (and one valid one where the opponent was simply good). For a week I sat second, until first place surprisingly lost to fifth. Since then I've been one point ahead with both of us winning 9 games in a row - until today that is. I just beat second place 3-0 away to cement a 4 point lead which will probably allow me to take the league title. In CL I am through to the quarterfinals but there is tough opposition unlike in the league. I won my first leg 1-0 at home against a team a level higher than me and in a few hours will play the second leg. I am confident though as the other team is very weak in attack and only strong offensively, and barely registered a shot in the first match, but anything can happen. Hope this season has gone well for other managers, it has been pleasantly exciting and competitive for me, which I prefer to just winning every match.

Also, in the league I have THREE players in the top scorers list. My amazing recently scout level right-mid Loris Montanari (who takes my freekicks) has an incredible 19 goals in 19 games. I have one player in the top assists and two in the top rated. My strikers are finally learning to work together through different rotations of the three and have warmed up (one of my players has six goals in four champions league games).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Season 66 - Week 4-screen-shot-2015-05-23-2.19.10-pm.jpg   Season 66 - Week 4-screen-shot-2015-05-23-2.19.03-pm.jpg   Season 66 - Week 4-screen-shot-2015-05-23-2.18.56-pm.jpg   Season 66 - Week 4-screen-shot-2015-05-23-2.18.51-pm.jpg  
    Last edited by EmilZ; 05-23-2015 at 06:22 PM.
    Cat Harrison and talisman like this.
    Spartak Varna ФК (Bulgarian Club)
    Level 2
    Level 1: League Runner Up

Come on ya Spartans! Come on ya Spartans! Spartans RISE!

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast