Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: Season 66 - Week 4

Much happier at the end of the day - the 'big match' between 2nd (me) and 1st in the League went to the home side...

Season 66 - Week 4-league-hl-s22-round-25.jpgSeason 66 - Week 4-league-pr-s22-round-25.jpg

Just like to say how cr*p the ratings are - Bieder made two incredible saves to keep the match at 1-0 in the first half... and according to the commentary, Arma puts in tackle after tackle and only gets an 8?
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Famous
    edit: nothing (was asking silly question)
    Last edited by Gabez Teh; 05-29-2015 at 07:03 PM.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Well I slept though it but my team did well without their interfering manager:

Season 66 - Week 4-cl-final.jpg

League I likely have second unless #1 gets trolled.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Well I slept though it but my team did well without their interfering manager:
    Can I buy your keeper please

Big win and 8, that never happens for me
    Cat Harrison likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Addicted
    Mini update my end.

Rhondda Rovers main team played the Champions League final this morning against Samsun SK, but due to work and a crap phone signal, was unable to watch the match. It looked like a tight game, but our quality told and we won 3-1 to take home the trophy.

Season 66 - Week 4-screenshot_2015-05-29-20-00-48.jpg

Meanwhile, again due to work and crap phone signal, the same team went up against Langenwedding in the League and, despite the condition of the team, managed to pull off a 4-1 win.

Season 66 - Week 4-screenshot_2015-05-29-20-01-05.jpg

I now fully expect Nordeus to troll me and cost us the perfect League season tomorrow.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

CL: Shiny, shiny, shiny.

Buffs FC ease to CL victory with a 1-0 win. DMC Alan Hansen was shot from the stands (near where the Nord FA delegate sits) after 4 mins. MC James Forrest was asked to deputise and got a big blue arrow of encouragement - rated 7.

The first half was peppered with encouraging attacks by the Buffs but remained goal-less. Jack Harper scored his 12th of this campaign in 55 minutes from a Morrison FK. The Buffs stayed relatively trouble free until the flurry of activity on the 77 min mark started with a shot from nowhere. Robertson turned it behind for a corner and when it was floated in from the left Hutton headed it behind again. BuffsMad wiped the sweat from his brow as the CK was driven in........and Hutton headed it clear. *tick* What happened? *tick* *tick* Who cares! *phweep* Blingtime!

So Cup and CL double, never done that one before. It will take a mega-troll to deliver the league title, which would be harsh as the league leader provided support in the CL.

Celtic Rangers also bagged the CL trophy with a 1-0 win.

Over at AC Flaky, they at last delivered defeat as the 2W2W2W3W1 which drew with the Champions was beaten 3-0 by the bottom-feeder. Flaky are 7th, 2 ahead of 8th and 3 of 9th. Lets hope our opposition doesn't attack on the flanks and allow our DR to rate 9 again. I could just replace him but where's the fun in that. O.o

VIP
    Season 66 - Week 4-celtic8.png

Finally won a CL trophy... undefeated...

Season 66 - Week 4-71.jpg
    Season 66 - Week 4-73.jpg

Season 66 - Week 4-77.jpg
    Season 66 - Week 4-78.jpg

Rookie
    So just had my CL final. WE WON 1-0!
    I have to say it was a very bland match. He played 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow diamond, so I tried 3-2w-2-1-2. We got the goal in the 20th min with aggressive, arrows on my DMR and DML, up the flanks. Then kept formation but changed to more defensive tactics with counter attack on. This seemed to work nicely, as he rarely got near my goal. I switched out a like for like ST at half time, and then late on he switched to a 4-1-1-2-2 which was highly unusual. He got 2 free kicks and a corner kick between the 85th and 90th min but my defence held strong!

Season 66 - Week 4-screen-shot-2015-05-30-8.34.58-am.jpg
    Season 66 - Week 4-screen-shot-2015-05-30-8.35.07-am.jpg

I also beat now 4th place 3-0 in a convincing display.

Season 66 - Week 4-screen-shot-2015-05-30-8.35.17-am.jpg

So that means history has been made for BLACKKIWI!

First league title in 5 seasons (it has been a long wait for fans)
    Fourth CL title in a row!
    First CL-League title double for Blackkiwi!
    Also undefeated for 5 season in a row for the CL (Fair to say we didn't qualify for one of those seasons )

Overall this has been a fantastic season! My team has mostly retained the same personnel from the previous season, with one nordgen added in DC. However I have sold off my dead weight, I know what i need to replace at the start of next season, and I have filled the spaces on my roster with 2 & 3 star FA. So fingers crossed next season the triple is possible! Hopefully by stacking my team with these lower Quality players, the cup becomes a bit easier

Individual Records:
    My Captain and most capped player, DC Cassourret became the first player to 200 appearances! This is his fifth season with us.
    My AMC Steimel became the first player to 150 goals, in only 160 appearances, so he's made good time! This is his fourth season with us.

As the players left the pitch to fans roaring out BLACKKIWI, BLACKKIWI, Steimel cheekily asked his Captain "Still got it in you for another season Cap?". To which he Cassourret replied "You bet ya, going to sign off with the TRIPLE!
    Last edited by Blackkiwi; 05-29-2015 at 09:00 PM.
    "One day, in the not too distant future, something amazing will happen. Not just amazing, but spectacular!
    And when this day happens, I will retire, and the world will celebrate long into the night" - Blackkiwi Manager speaking about his elusive Triple.

8 consecutive champion'league finals,and after last seasons defeat today got title number 7:-) my old team still surprises me every time :-) Main striker Gomez 416 goles so far. League will finish 2nd,streak ended after 8 titles in a row,but it's ok,suffered only 2defeats ,vs 1st n 3d,will probably be 2points behind new champion . Cup after long time reached top 16 again.. after all,great season ,still competitive:-) And I'm having for the 8th season in a row the best defence,always less than 10 conceded:-)Season 66 - Week 4-uploadfromtaptalk1432935329675.jpeg
    Last edited by Peter Renn; 05-29-2015 at 10:10 PM.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar

I am the Troll

?!?!??!
    Season 66 - Week 4-iamthetroll.jpg
    (made no difference neither team promoting)

p.s. he was there, poor guy...
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast