Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Hugo Jeweetwel
  • 3 Post By EmilZ
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison
  • 1 Post By Buffs Mad

Thread: Cup ranking incorrect?

Cup ranking incorrect?

According to my logic i should be on top of the table. Am i missing something?
    EmilZ likes this.
    First position in league.
    Still in the Cup (Probably winning it)

In champions league, the second tiebreaker after points is head to head points between the teams in question (it is different from the league). Since he beat you 1-0 and then you tied 1-1 he took four points from your two games and you only took one, which is why he is first. Hope this helped.
    Spartak Varna ФК (Bulgarian Club)
    Level 2
    Level 1: League Runner Up

Come on ya Spartans! Come on ya Spartans! Spartans RISE!

better goal diference in football, it is clear, it is the first , I was like that once removed , I sent message Nordeus , I still waiting for the answer

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Jean, the tie breakers are just like real life CL.

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (in descending order):
    a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
    c) higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    d) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
    e) if, after having applied criteria a) to d), teams still have an equal ranking,
    criteria a) to d) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria f) to h) apply;
    f) superior goal difference from all group matches played;
    g) higher number of goals scored from all group matches played
    khris likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

it's not football that's the goal average general matters and only after the particular goal average between 2 teams in case of perfect equality

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I do not understand what you are saying. The rules I listed up there ARE the rules, just like UEFA!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Maurice Braconnier View Post
    it's not football that's the goal average general matters and only after the particular goal average between 2 teams in case of perfect equality
    There's no error. Often leagues use goal difference but the Champions League is not a League - its a Cup. T11 uses the same rules as UEFA CL (as far as possible ie no country coefficient etc) - effectively when 2 teams are tied the head to head is treated the same as if they played a 2 leg cup tie.

Library - Regulations – UEFA.org

Article 7 Afaik this was introduced to avoid the corruption/fixing/unfairness that sometimes happened - buying a big win from an eliminated team no longer has an effect

The new ones for the next cycle are out and look the same - but its now Article 17.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 05-24-2015 at 09:24 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Famous
    I just noticed that in the Original Posters table, 3rd hadn't played 4th yet and a "W" there would create a 3 way tie for first, with all teams involved going 1-2-1 in the head to head.

If I did my math correctly, the current 1st place team (Raiichu FC) would be the eliminated team.

Raiichu GD (-1) 3:4
    Apie's Eleven (+2) irrlevant
    Bite Tibor (-1) 6:7

Bite Tibor also had head to head over Raiichu. I think OP won the group!

Can OP confirm how the group ended up?
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 05-24-2015 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    I just noticed that in the Original Posters table, 3rd hadn't played 4th yet and a "W" there would create a 3 way tie for first, with all teams involved going 1-2-1 in the head to head.

If I did my math correctly, the current 1st place team (Raiichu FC) would be the eliminated team.

Raiichu GD (-1) 3:4
    Apie's Eleven (+2) irrlevant
    Bite Tibor (-1) 6:7

Bite Tibor also had head to head over Raiichu. I think OP won the group!

Can OP confirm how the group ended up?
    Bite Tibor's score in that situation would be 5-6*, not 6-7; but this would not affect your end result. All we need to know is whether there was a two- or three-way tie. Either way, OP is through to the knockout stage, it's just in which half he ends up...

* 0-0 draw, 1-4 defeat, 1-1 draw, 3-1 win.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...